Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@bdp24 Tom says hello, he asked me IF I was a drummer. I said NO! I can play 4 notes on bass and only need 75% of that...he laughed..

I left there KNOWING the RM-9 is in great and capable hands.
Hawklords ‎– 25 Years (Charisma 1979 12")

Hawklords ‎– 25 Years On (Charisma 1978)

Man, haven't played this in 25 years. Just awesome. 
Used to be WAY into Aerosmith back in the day. Don’t think about them as much lately. A while back I was looking at my lps, and noticed almost all mine are reissues. So, I’m trying to remedy that somewhat. "Rocks" arrived today. Sony/Legacy remastered "from the original source tapes". I’ve always been pleased with all my Legacy lps. Here’s hoping? Up later on..........
The Allman Brothers - At the Fillmore East ( MoFi )

This was also a Top Ten and I can remember the first time I heard it 1978.... mesmerized by Duane....
Did a (deep clean) on the Rex Brown lp from earlier. Listening now. Never heard any Pantera, but when I purchased this lp on my gut instinct a couple years ago, just had a feeling. I really like it!
@spiritofradio 

@bkeskesome of my favorite orchestral music on that record.  Nice.  

Find a copy and buy it. You will not regret it, guarenteed.
Hawkwind ‎– Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music (Charisma 1976)

Steppenwolf... a masterpiece. 

Steve : The Genesis? I don’t know.... I have zero recollection... then I got away from them. Cool fellow salesman at Audio Store got me back into them and as importantly King Crimson 
@noromance ,

I listened to most of my Steppenwolf lps not long ago. Was happy to hear how great they sound.
Maybe..... I never owned it  On vinyl before the MoFi but my little brother was a big time ABB fan so his copy might have been.... we all had cassette decks and were busy pirates...
My lil brother also had a killer stereo in that era: Dual table, Shure Type III, HK 40 wpc integrated and 3 way Bozak bookshelf speakers....we had many arguments about who had the better system....
Jim,

I was keen on doing a shootout several weeks ago. Listened to the pp Capricorn/pink label first then when I went to pull out my Classic Records copy, realized it hadn't had my latest cleaning, so another time I guess.
I so envy you in this respect - I am always one issue deep to keep war Dept happy....
Was wondering if any of you have the Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs lp? If so, your impressions please?
Sides 3 & 4 of LW "Good Souls Better Angels"

Has Lu ever rocked harder!!!!?????
Aerosmith - Live Bootleg
Aerosmith - Draw The Line
Govt. Mule - Dark Side Of The Mule

I know I did not need to do this to know this but still a valid conclusion.
Have been playing cd and sacd all afternoon and evening.
Good but lacking the dynamics and life and soul that my garrard gives me in spades.
Even my mofi sacd of heartbeat city pales besides my original vinyl copy.
Time to spin some records.....
I read somewhere a while back that lps actually go to 40,000 khz. Beyond human hearing but I’m positive we can sense it.
Slaw
I remember Ralph, Atmasphere, saying somewhere that the cutter heads go to 50khz.
Or something along those lines.
You could be right, just because we cannot consciously hear that upper range does not mean it is not contributing positively.
You are on a roll tonight Noromance.
Quark is possibly my favorite Hawkwind album of all time.
"Workingman’s Dead" from a former DJ’s personal stash. Paid $1.00. PP/Interestingly, the back jacket is upside down. A windfall????

Actually, the vinyl is super clean, the jacket ain't too shabby either.
Now who is the king of the cheap album finds!😇😇.
I applaud anybody when they acquire a decent album album on the cheap, especially when it’s me....lol.
Well it looks like Greg started something......

Chronicle of the Black Sword .... Hawkwind.
Uber,

Noticed you and big_greg were remarking on Jeff Healy. I have that lp.

Have you seen the movie Roadhouse?
Jeff is featured. What a great talent!
Slaw
Jeff was pretty amazing considering he was blind.
You know I have never seen Roadhouse, Probably should at some stage.

So Workingman's Dead gets a big thumbs up for sq.
Good to know.

This Hawkwind album is excellent, 2015 2x 45rpm reissue.
Regarding "Rocks". I don't think Aerosmith will ever be associated with killer SQ, this pressing is very enjoyable. Glad I own it.Better than what I had.
Wow, you guys have been busy today! Or I have. I wasn't aware of another band called "The" Sweet. There was an album called The Sweet by Sweet.
Knowing ahead of listening that "Songs for Judy" is a digital recording, allows me to adjust my mindset. While I can tell it, I still enjoy!
What I love about "SFJ" most is hearing Neil becoming more willing to share and his morphing into an artist that becomes one with his audience.
HI,
@slaw, mine has the lyrics inside and is in thick cardboard with a granular feeling.
I like it.

@slaw  ,  my Workingman’s Dead also has an upside down back cover - always assumed they were all printed that way.  The SQ is also pretty good.  
Hey guys. Regarding the Hydra 8. I just plugged my EMI meter into the 6 that's plugged into the 8 and the reading is now reduced by half of what it was previously. That seems to be proof that it's doing a good job.