For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@uberwaltz,

The Hydra 8 made such profound difference in my system, that I made An offer on the V Ray.
Florian Zabach ‎– 'Till The End Of Time (Mercury 1959 mono)

Violin to melt your heart. A little shmaltzy with the orchestra sometimes but the warmth of the recording is off the charts.

Yup @j_damon, I bought the Old & In The Way album at the time of it’s original release, as previously mentioned somewhere here. I agree, the Dead were a live band, not a studio one. However, their first three studio albums captured them pretty well. When I saw them in ’67, they sounded just like the first album.

The Dead and The Band did that famous tour across Canada in a train together, along with Janis Joplin. There are pics of Janis and Band bassist/singer Rick Danko singing together (Danko simultaneously playing a mandolin. All the members of The Band were multi-instrumentalists. Pianist Richard Manual was a great drummer, playing most the drums on The Basement Tapes, and half the songs on The Band’s brown album), with Garcia in the background.

When The Band played The Hollywood Bowl in 1970, they were given carte blanche for their opening act. Guitarist Robbie Robertson and organist Garth Hudson were huge fans of pianist Bill Evans, with whom Miles’ drummer Jack DeJohnette had worked, so they had Miles open the show. The two bands did some jamming together, though without Miles. DeJohnette and Band drummer/singer Levon Helm became lifelong friends.

Joan Merrill ‎– How Did He Look? (Westminster 1958)

Stags Leap Artemis. A loving shoulder. Slow dance. What more do you need?
Sorry but if this turns into what Dead is on your turntable tonight I’m out!
😂😂😂😂
Interesting, the inner recording space is SO much more defined. A quality, I love!
Patti Page ‎– Indiscretion (Mercury 1959 mono)

Piano, upright bass, girl with a long-stemmed cigarette holder making eyes at the pianist, smoke and strong whisky.  

Common’ Uber

I love reading Eric’s posts. Don’t stop @bdp24 .

Frankly, I feel we are fortunate to have him here.
Carmen McRae ‎– Bittersweet (Focus 1964 mono)

Miss Jazz from Harlem. Piano and voice. Magic.

Uber, LOL (It won't)

Bdp24, I really enjoy your first hand knowledge of the various musicians. My bad however... I thought your opinion on the Grateful Dead (from prior posts) was much less positive than your last post. FWIW, I am not one to really care what music people really listen too, like/dislike etc. My post was just giving you a bit of a hard time out of fun. Probably shouldn't have.

Slaw, You mentioned passive AC conditioners... My experience with "Acoustic Revive" has been very good. I have 3 of them (one for digital / one for analog / one for the TT motor) that come out of an "exactpower" transformer. Although I'm sure there is better out there, the combination is impressive. 

Eels / Blinking lights 
Slaw
Was not ANY criticism of Eric’s highly informative posts.
Did you see The emojis at the end.......

I think Dead and Hendrix are just two artists that will never push the right buttons for me.

Reading up about the Hydra 8 now......
Uber,

I saw them.... just wondered about what came before them. brother.

I'm taking deep breaths.......................

I love all of you........ let's try to make that our mantra.
Absolutely Slaw. They use "Green Carborundum, White Tourmaline, & Smokey Quartz. It works well. 
Szell conducts Haydn’s 6 London Symphonies (box set) 93-98. Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia Masterworks. 1973. Playin them all in order (even though they were performed originally out of order).
As a break in the conversation.... I talked to Mark Baker of Origin Live today and Johnnie 7 of audiooragami.

Trying, finally, to get my Rock 7 up and running again. Mark was pleasant, in the end couldn't help me with my tonearm issue. Johnnie, is quite a character. Very informative, very interesting to talk to. Gonna send my Funk Firm FXR to him for repairs.

:-) how fun ! Bummer to know that my humble Garcia tie collection is just another gig on eBay, but glad to hear somebody else appreciates them !!!!
A rarity.....King's Daughters & Sons "If Then Not When"

Expertly cleaned.
Songs From Black Mountain ..... Live.

Spectacular in every way.

Pity they never released on vinyl, playing Cassette version.
Switching to streaming now with my lazy ass stuck in my recliner and loving it... lol
@uberwaltz,

Do you talk this way on your threads?

Frankly I feel you owe us all an apology.
Raymond Leppard conducts Boccherini, Symphonies 1-6 (box set), New Philharmonia Orchestra. Philips. Release date unknown.
The Fiery Furnaces / Blueberry boat
Playing a lot of this band lately. Wish they were still making music. 
@tomic601 my girl corrected me , it is more Ike 75 ties, and two pair of silk boxers, my dad, from Boston, used to tell us  “ play your caads right and you’ll be fahting thru silk” 
done with Dead tonight 😳
@l_damon, speaking of Cobham, bassist Leland Sklar has a YouTube channel on which he posts a video everyday, playing along with songs he was the bassist on. The song today is a from a Cobham album (I forget the title), and the song---and the drumming, of course---are intense. Sklar is an amazing bass player, and is on literally thousands of albums. His tone, even on YouTube, is to die for.
Uber no self respecting Audiophile has a  no name  recliner.... the question is, does it have an upgraded power cord and fuse ?
I think in my entire career, I wore a tie 75 times... Dude - you win !!!!!!
Streaming Blueberry Boat - this is the perfect reason for streaming - sample first :-) .... 
tomic, LOL
I can completely understand why you would say that. They are very "different". More chord and time changes than pretty much any other band I know of, except maybe Beefheart. 
Hello @6t5-gto,

Radiohead seams to be a great place to begin again..............

Thanks, @slaw 
Radiohead is my favorite of all time. I loves me some RH and it did seem like a good way to kick off the night.