Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw you’ve also got, as I’ve heard, the Portland of the East in Asheville....
I have an lp by 3 artist's. From memory it's Shawn Mullens, Matthew Sweet, and someone else. This will drive me crazy until I find it.
@Uberwaltz H&Mighty was my first UHeep LP. New in a bargain bin in the 70s. Interesting album.

I hear you on the 25 acres. Property taxes scare the cr-p outta me for retirement. Where do you come up with $200 a week for the rest of your life with no income? So much for freedom.
@tomic601 All seriousness aside I will check that one out.  
Retirement is an elusive idea for me.  I’m supposedly retired but all I do is take care of the folks property.  And of course we always have to do it the hard way, ourselves.  He’s 90 so everything he’s doing I’m really doing for him.  
But I shouldn’t complain.  Life is good here in the northwest with mountains, desert, river and ocean water and the music all within easy reach.  
@slaw are you thinking of the Thorns - S/T?   It’s pretty good.  Haven’t listened to it for a couple of years though.   Looking under “T”....   
Well 25 acres is doable in like Tn or SC or even the swamps of Florida!
However for the northwest I might have to move the decimal point a bit...
Like 0.25 acres....maybe......
Hey will save on cost of razorwire though!

Slaw
Think I have had my share of humidity over the last 20 years here in Florida!
The northwest does call strongly as similar to the homeland weather wise, miss true seasons but also do not miss snow whatsoever! So northeast is never going to happen even if could afford it!
FOUND IT!

The Thorns "S/T" 

The players... Matthew Sweet, Shawn Mullins, Pete Droge

Good Morning @noromance!
Maybe I'm missing something but I really don't see much similarity between Asheville and Portland?
Both wonderful places but very different vibe and feel to them?
🤔🤔
@noromance .
Never heard the High & Mighty album but had to have it at the price for NOS and it was a gap in my Heep collection.

Looking at my racks I think I need buy another one as not much room left to squeeze many more albums in......
Well Uber, it's probably our most progressive city. Just by that aspect alone, I get the comparison.
Travis "The Man Who"

Uber, you may know of him since you are from across the pond. Great voice, great songwriter.
No one here besides me has ever mentioned him.
Fran Healy frontman of Travis
@spiritofradio,

Gonna clean and give a listen to "The Thorns" later. I find it perfectly interesting that you knew it!
Sorry Slaw.
New to me on that one.

Figured you had lost track of time with all the good morning when it was after 2pm east coast.
Mind that worked for spirit and Tomic and the west coast rowdies!
From my memory, Shawn Mullins had a radio hit in the later 90s. After that, The Thorns lp came out. Then I have no memory until Jim mentioned him.
Slaw.
Mullins “hit” was Lullaby.

The three got together and made one album, toured a little in support of it 2002/3 then disappeared as fast as they arrived.
Odd, will stream it later as might be something I would listen to.
I picked up Thorns on CD for $1 bin diving, lives on bit perfect rip on server...
My copy of The Donnas "Spend The Night" arrived recently...first time on vinyl, courtesy of RunOutGroove. Ordered it last year actually.
I guess I’m their only fan here because I’ve never noticed another mentioning them. I think they rock harder than any previous (girl groups).

Yes even harder than The Runaways.
Slaw
well you would need to visit the streaming thread more... lol
Been listening  to the Donnas along with groups like Veruca Salt for quite some time now.
I agree they do rock out!
Well, Never owned any ShawN Mullins but I think I got the Thorns on recommendation of a reviewer, probably in the WSJ.   Vague memory of that.  Bad practice generally buying music based on reviews, particularly Rolling Stone reviews...
Lotte Lenya ‎- September Song And Other American Theatre Songs Of Kurt Weill (Columbia Masterworks 1958 mono)

I’m most of the way through "Spend the Night". Highly Recommend!!!! on ROG!

This just had to be originally, an analog recording. Sounds fantastic!
@uberwaltz,

Good to know brother.

Growing up analog is a (hard habit to break.)

Wait,... wasn’t that a song title?

BTW, I own the CD.

The Weavers ‎– Reunion At Carnegie Hall, Part 2 (Vanguard 1965)

@slaw Hey Steve!

Hey Boxer.
Just curious as to what part of the country you are in?
We have a strong Northwest contingent and a East and Southeast rabble... lol
Hey Uber,
I'm in Michigan, near Grand Rapids. Nice place to be this time of year. Don't think you would want to retire here though. Typically a lot of snow in the winter. We did live in Greenville SC for about 5 years (1995 - 2000) & can tell you that would be a nice place to retire. Beautiful little city in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains. 

Benjy Ferree / Leaving the nest 
Boxer.
Really funny you should say Greenville as we went there for 20th wedding anniversary this year before the world took a dump.
We really liked the city and the area and yes that is on our short list.

Spent a lot of time working in Grand Rapids too, in fact we have two new lines going in this year. If you know where the old GM Diesel engine factory is then you know where I will be later. A plastics company took it over few years back.
And yes glorious right now, not so nice in January though... lol.
Was streaming Barclay James Harvest earlier.
Which Really put me in the mood for one of my all time favorite albums.

Rain Dances .... Camel.