Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Well I'm not a The Band afficianotto, but having an old worn early pressing as my only way to judge, I bought the 45 rpm pressing from a couple years ago. Of coarse it was an improvement but haven't listened in a while. Ask our The Band expert...@bdp24.
@uberwaltz 
I don't have it yet, need to grab it, but if it is anything like the 2019 releases of Dire Straits on Mofi 45rpm it should be exceptional. Those pressings are some of the best in my collection 

Yo La Tengo  - Summer Sun  - an incredible pressing  - this sounds phenomenal on my second system and now my second system is becoming my primary. 
6t5 and Slaw.
I have one of the Dire Straits 45rpm mfsl and was hoping it would be something along those lines.
Communique is the one I have.
I think The Band "Big Pink" on MFSL was from decades ago I would hope the 50th Anniversary release on 45rpm would be superior.
@uberwaltz,

You have the right one brother..   the Dire Straits. that is.
@uberwaltz That Communique Mofi 45rpm is staggeringly great,  probably one of my favorites in my collection, they are all great, Love over Gold, S/T, and BIA are all exceptional. Making Movies is very good but sonically the weakest of the 5. 

Where do they have the Music From Big Pink for $55? I will get a copy as well 
Remember @6t5-gto.. the MFSL was from years ago and certainly not at 45 rpm.

Good luck and please report back here.
Remember the Dire Straits lps were recorded in a studio setting. "Big Pink" in a rented/gifted house.
Slaw and 6t5.

Yes the mfsl is an old release and there are a few used copies around.
The 2*45rpm is the 50th anniversary and can be had for less $$.
Unless you want the slime pink vinyl version.......
Uber,

This is where experience comes into play.
You’ve got to ask yourself, why, over 4 decades on, does the MFSL lp not command top dollar? This, by one of the most influential bands ever? Just like the MFSL "Abbey Road"?

When you think about it, your decision is easy!
Montrose S/T.

This looked like crap before a long us clean.

Sounds pretty good to me now.

Think a 2*45rpm version of Music from Big Pink is in the works.....

I do have a very good clean version that was part of a 3 lp box set with that, Steve Miller and Quicksilver Messenger Service.

Only ever seen that box set for sale once since I got mine.
Horace Silver - song for my father 
Charles Mingus - Newport rebels
Pink floyd - the wall
Stravinsky & London Symphony - firebird suite
Slaw, I'm the same way with radiohead albums... Usually takes a couple listens for me to warm up to them. For the last couple years, "King of limbs" has seen more play than any of their other ones on my table. They are all good however. 
Jason Isbell
Reunions
Southeastern Limited EditionOrange Creamsicle

Billie Holiday
Billie’s Blues
Columbia Reissue

@slaw 

I have a Mint Protractor that I used for many years prior to purchasing the SmarTractor I currently employ. Using the Mint, compared to my previous alignment gages, revealed I was close in my setup but the last bit of precision provided an audible improvement to my ears. Yip makes each one custom to an individual turntable/tonearm combination. Mine were for Origin Live table and tonearm. He will require some input including the diameter of the spindle so it is a tight fit.  He included a magnification glass at 3x and offered an additional loop at 10x. Opt for the additional purchase of the 10x.  Yip was very attentive and communicative so I would assume, if he is still in business, things are a little difficult in Hong Kong. Worth pursuing unless you want something to work on multiple tables then look at the SmarTractor. Send a PM and I can give you some addition insight on both those options.

@zardozmike what an interesting and diverse set :-)

I love this thread...

back in the land of surf , Lucinda W - West has arrived
@uber yes I checked and I am looking to do Just body w Soundsmith Ruby, gotta be frugal
Alan Stivell ‎- Journée À La Maison (Un Dewezh 'Barzh 'Gêr) (Rounder 1981) [Eur release 1978]
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Exodus
Jarre - Oxygene 
Bill Evans - Peace Pieces
Mahler - Das Lied Van Der Erde
Porcelain Raft ‎- Strange Weekend (Secretly Canadian 2012)

Recorded in a Brooklyn basement. Recommended. 

Walt Michael And Tom McCreesh ‎- Dance, Like a Wave of the Sea (Front Hall 1978)

Bluegrass with some vocals. Fiddles, dulcimer, chicken clucks, the whole shebang. Awesome. Very good recording. Buy it.

Tori Amos / American doll posse 

noromance +1 for " Porcelain Raft"

spiritofradio +1 for "Elbow"
Street Talk ..... Steve Perry.

You could easily rename this as a Journey album, nobody would be the wiser.......
Digital:

Better Days 
Featuring Joe Pass

Sounds just like Joe Pass but nothing at all like Joe Pass….
Be-Bop Deluxe
Axe Victim

Great album cover and no trains to heaven - what a thing!

Spirit.
I think I bought Axe Victim just for the cover art..... lol.

Never ever heard anyone else even mention Be Bop Deluxe here never mind play anything by them.
Think I have three albums.
@uber, Well then, there’s something we have in common. We could have some good times talking about the strange and wonderful albums in our respective collections dude.

I searched for Axe Victim in used record stores for a long time, years probably, after hearing no trains to heaven on a college radio station in the bay area.  Must have been a few years after it was issued because I had a very hard time finding it.  That was a different time.  Maybe more joy in the discovery crate flipping back then.  Now all those wish list records are just an easy click away.  But I guess my problem now is quite a few of the long coveted records on my list cost 3 or 500 bucks…..

Tomorrow - S/T

1968 - Early English Psychedelic Rock band featuring a very young Steve Howe before he joined Yes. Great album if you like this kind of music.