For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Patty Griffin- Servant of Love

heavy diet of Patty, Julie Miller lately....
I probably told this story but we displayed/stocked the massive ADS2030 and probably sold four or five pair - maybe more.... massive speaker for its time - still today. One night, slow night we had enough Hafler gear laying around to Tri-amp them: Peter Gabriel 4 was just out - yowsa did it sound great with DH500 on the bottom end...

fun but they need a big room
Luna *Lunafied"  RunOutGroove.
Steamed, not yet US cleaned. The best is yet to come.
Slaw
The Pineapple Thief are fast becoming one of my top go to modern prog rock bands along with Spock’s Beard and Riverside.

All great musicianship and nearly all superb recordings.
As Spirit said, very easy to pick out instruments, not just a big mush of sound.

Think I have 8 of their albums on vinyl now.... lol
@tomic601 ,

The TD-700 had the manual head adjustment feature. The only other Nak deck w/ that, to my knowledge was the 1200. The 1200 eschewed the auto-reverse, for the more be prescise manual flip. Makes perfect sense. The tape head being stable.

I had a friend with a 70s Oldsmobile 442. It had a factory cassette deck with that same feature. Wow!

So at that time in history, someone in car manufacturing had enough pull to integrate this feature that even now would not be seen as having value.
Re: The Pineapple Thief;
Catch the connection to Porcupine Tree and Stephen Wilson.  Catch the Drummer Gavin Harrison. Catch the time signature if you can.  Catch the culmination of musical ideas on the album “Dissolution”.  Catch the Mystery. Catch the Drift....
The stereo I put in my first car cost quite a lot more than the car.  Coaxials on the back deck baby -made cassettes sound so good. 

@uber John Klemmer was the make out music of choice in that car. 
Remember that manual flip of the cassette!  We could do it with our eyes closed.  
Streaming HiRez The Pineapple Thief on Qobuz.... very nice.... suits my dark moody sulk....
@tomic601 ,

I've come to realize that you're a more tortured soul than I ever realized.
I have my positive attributes, for example I drink too much and I like fast cars....
I think that most of us who LOVE music have a tortured soul. Then it becomes the degrees, and how that could be measured.
You've posted in the past that you feel blessed. I truly believe in that and I believe you are blessed.
I had a Concord "front loading" deck in my tricked-out '73 Super Beetle. Not many "Cal Look" Beetles in KY back in the day, but that's what I drove.

I also later had a Nak RX-202 that flipped that had the turntable that flipped the tape around to reverse it. Crazy..........
@gliderman2m  - Welcome to the "What's on your Turntable tonight?" thread. Keep 'em coming.......
I remember that deck@reubent. Nakamichi was a company way ahead of it's time.

Forward thinkers.

slaw
9,803 posts05-09-2020 8:44pm“....and it all comes back to RUSH“

Yeah, pretty much, and once in awhile you have to bring in some Steely Dan...

Atlanta airport has never looked like this before... Scary quiet and empty.
Be streaming all week from sunny Weldon NC 😁😁
Supersuckers - Mid-Fi Field Recordings, Vol. 1: Live at the Tractor Tavern, Seattle, Washington
@slaw yes I do feel blessed beyond measure and each day I ask that I give back in measure to what I have been given and many many days I fall far short...
Michael Franks-The Art Of Tea-Side 1
Dire Straits-ST-Side 2
ZZ Hill-I'm A Blues Man-Side 1
White Lion-Big Game-Side 1
Highlights From Lucia Di Lammermoor-Side 1(Mercury SR 90261)
Jimmy Roselli-Sold Out-Side 2
Steely Dan-Gaucho-Side 1
Dionne Warwick-I'll Never Fall In Love Again-Side 1

I had a coach and mentor at Boeing, a retired NASA guy, like one of the first couple hundred guys at NAcA then NASA - a sharp dude five or six basic rocket patents - by basic I mean like foundation stuff that got us to orbit, then the moon, then home ( alive )... he always remarked about my career “ Jim you got a lucky horseshoe up your ass, eventually you will get there !”

on thinking about it, I always preferred “ blessed “... ha

@slaw 
Most importantly he was my whiskey drinking, fly fishing , science nerd buddy who I miss dearly RIP Tony

Foghat
Rock And Roll Outlaws
1974 Bearsville Records OP

Catalogue and back cover say 1974, but I got this for Christmas ‘73.  Hmmmmm.  Released earlier than expected maybe?
Cranking it up...
no TT here, so forgive me

Black Crowe’s - Shake your Moneymaker 

warming up amps and levitating cones on the subs that have been dormant almost 3 months..... ya man.....