Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601, let's dedicate it to Art Dudley, who loved Tony, his favorite flat-picker.
Dire Straits  - Communique  - Mofi 45rpm  - unbelievable, one of the finest sounding records I have ever heard, magical, 5-star +, incredible sound quality and recording. Stunning. 
Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup. Three discs! This one's a bit of a commitment. 
Threw on some Thievery Corporation / The richest man in Babylon. It’s been a while since listening and forgot how much I enjoy 🍻
@bdp24 indeed, I hoisted a glass to Art !

@noromance streaming the Roy Harper now...
FYI the new Lucinda W is available high Rez today on Qobuz, I ran it thru twice while I await LP delivery- very tasty
@6t5 ya man, I shall play one of the DS 45 rpm next Brother, they are good
Dire Straits- Communique ( MoFi 45 rpm )

....” trouble in the land of plenty “....
Good to hear on the mofi Dire Straits 45rpm albums as I ordered two on Sunday amongst other mofi albums, should be here Saturday it says.
Hope they are as good as everybody says...….
@uberwaltz I bought all the Dire Straits MOFI releases and they sound better than just about anything that's been on my turntable, with the exception of the Yes Fragile one-step.
Steve - Patty is ripping my heart out here... man, what an emotional songstress she is...

but, yes besides exhaustion I am fine

thanks for checking on me brother 
Question for the pros here.
Does anybody buy into the Better Records white hot stamper creed?

Trying to correlate their stated “testing methods” with logic, economics and good old common sense just does not add up.

Thoughts?
@uberwaltz,

You've been acquiring several great MFSL titles lately. Very nice.
Brother Slaw.
i believe your words of wisdom finally sank n.
What is the point having superlative vinyl playback and then throw a diet of $1 records at it!

Culled a lot of crap over last few weeks and performed research on mfsl titles.
Now some I already did have but yes I have added to the collection and have about 11 more on the way ( bought 8 on Sunday direct from mofi).

Its addictive.......
Uber - I love a deal like the next guy but running Mohawks on the Ferrari while frugal makes for a crappy lap time... ha

i think @bdp24 and I are in complete agreement on hot stampers that with statistical certainty they do exist but finding them is the difficult part... the sample size is tiny... but hey, IF there is a return policy, dip the toe into the water..  for a while, Charlie was all accolades.... I think he found another girl....

@noromance i enjoyed it - although I had a flashback to American Prayer with the full second side Lord’s Prayer... but it fit the mood.

made me wonder about Zep chemistry exacting genius from Page that seems largely missing... but I am interested enough to give some of his more lauded work a chance - your recommendation?
@uberwaltz,

I own (1), I can’t remember if is was a Hot Stamper (most likely) or a WHS. It’s "4 Way Street". At the time, I thought finding a clean copy of that title would be a long, hard road. Of course, last year, there was the great 3lp remaster of it.

My better records copy does sound good ($125.00). The remaster blows it away $40.00.

Tom Port’s mentor in the ( hot stamper) revolution is Robert Pinkus (forgive me if I have his name misspelled) who is the guy behind Impex Records.....which sound fantastic! Those two guys and Steve Hoffman worked together at one point in time.

Unless you’re a wall street banker or millercarbon, I wouldn’t go down that rabbit hole just from the expense side of it.
Regarding WHS I just do not see how it can even be accomplished on any economically viable business model.
Calculate the copies one has to sift through in regards to time spent and dollars spent to find one or two WHS?
I personally cannot wrap my head around it being a workable project.
Which is why I have serious doubts about the whole concept and will never be pursuing that route.

Tomic..... I think Mohawks on a Ferrari would likely be a good idea for me on the track, keep my speed down!😎😎
@tomic601 
Check out Stormcock (TSOR with Page), Flat Baroque & Berserk, Bullinamingvase (side 2 OOTDIE 2-10)
Prefab Sprout ‎- From Langley Park To Memphis (Kitchenware 1988)

Perennial favorite. Packed with warmth and music. Must have.

@noromance ,

Going too fast my friend. I’m gonna have to make a mental note & come back and check these out. Thanks!
I’m still on the Patty wagon

American Kid and Servant of Love ( love the horn work )
@slaw  - No report yet. But I'm still thinking about it.

For anyone who cares, I love my vintage Infinity RS1.5s. They are large 3-way monitor style speakers like JBLs, Large Advents and the large Harbeths. They have the classic Infinity EMIT tweeters and the famous dual voice-coil Watkins woofers. Anyway, I love them, but they are 40 years old and I've been thinking about rebuilding them in modern, heavily braced cabinets and mirror imaging them. I would also replace the Xover caps at the same time and re-wire with high end wire and binding posts.

I also have a pair of their predecessors, the Infinity Qb. I might do the project on them first, as a proof of concept.

Not a good time for a project right now. Work is really busy (primary customer is a Healthcare Manufacturer), plus fishing season, cycling season and gardening season is upon us. Might have to wait until winter.
@reubent Ice Fishing takes the load off summer, unless of course you are hooked on both.... many many moons ago I tournament Walleye fished the Great Lakes.

funny my first high end speakers were Qb, that doped Phillips midrange is also used in the DQ-10, so caps that get used for that rebuild ( brand not value ) might be worth looking at. And I am sure you know the Emit can be fragile.... big fun Dude
Post removed