Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Joe Cocker Live.

Brazillian pressing.

Yarp, I’m here Slaw.
Sat night is movie night, have to keep the better half appeased.
Hi buddy,

My interconnects are from a fellow member:

Marcus Tunis

They are sounding superb.
Ambrosia 
somewhere i’ve never travelled 
  •  •   •    •     •      •  
Caravan
Blind Dog at St. Dunstans’
RCAs

So far (and really not very far) they are already far and away from my former anti-cables, in every way. Separation, soundstage, the feeling of being there....

So much more, I\'m sure.

I'm waiting for these to break in before I replace my phono cable.
Slaw
i am trying real hard not to get back on the interconnects train!
I sold off all my Nordost cables and just went with Straight Wire for interconnects, Western Electric cable for speaker wire and home made power cables from my own secret sauce.

But I realize I am probably leaving something on the table.
Uber,

I get it. If not for the accident, I'd not had this positive experience. Well worth it.
Spirit.

Love Camel.
Have a slew of their albums.

Think Snowgoose is still near my top pick though.
@zardozmike, I played that Oscar Peterson record and posted about it a few weeks ago I think.  A unique album with Oscan on an electric piano on a few cuts.  Fun to see your post.  I’ve also been listening to more Mahler in my old age.  My current favorite is the 4th Symphony in G performed by the SF Symphony.  
Yes sir!   Somebody posted on here just the other day that they didn’t think The Snowgoose was their “peak” or something.  Maybe he meant to say the Snowgoose didn’t have a beak.  I don’t know.  I didn’t take the bait.    
I’ve posted quite a lot about that album here and about my several copies of it.  Very important music in my life.  During college I learned the flute parts.  Still a balm when my mind is hurt and a joy when I’m celebratory.  
BTW Uber, I wouldn’t argue with you about Force It.  Although it would be difficult though to have to really pick a favorite UFO.  
Journey Captured (live)

The Steve Smith drum solo on side 3 is quite possibly the best rock drum solo ever recorded.
Spirit.
i would never argue with anyone here about music because it’s all just personal opinions.
if we all liked the same stuff it would be very boring.

Some great tunes being played tonight.
Fraid I got to tired to spin records so moved onto Qobuz

Playing a lot of new to me prog rock and really enjoying it.
Some bands just in case anybody heard them.

Magic Pie, The Pineapple Thief, Comedy of Errors, The Tangent, Blackfield
Have a good night everyone
Journey "Evolution"

Nobody ever plays Journey. Why?

@slaw 

I think Journey was great until 1978 - The first two albums being very much post-worthy - But about  half way through “Infinity” they became something very different and no longer made the same sort of music.  

Journey "Evolution"

Nobody ever plays Journey. Why

@slaw, 
I play Journey all the time...old stuff and new stuff. 

@spirit, I just cleaned up my Journey album, “Look Into the Future”, from 1976.  Haven’t listened to it in years — will play it again tonight or tomorrow.

I listened to my elder sister’s John Mayall, Eric Clapton and Blues Breakers, from 1966.  Monaural recording but sounds remarkably good!

I cleaned up a 60’s Grateful Dead album but can’t play it yet — noticed tiny drops of what looks like white paint on it.  Apparently someone painted the ceiling with a roller and forgot to put the record away.  I want to try vinegar to see if that might soften the paint — read on-line that vinegar won’t harm the vinyl — but I was out of vinegar and all of the big jugs of vinegar were sold out at the local Kroger.  ☹️ 
I just saw your question about my Kenwood TT.  It’s a KD-64f.  Linear-tracking.  After sitting unused for years, it wouldn’t work.  I watched a couple of YouTube videos and felt emboldened to open it up.  Along with the usual dust, there was corrosion on the bar that the tonearm assembly rides on, and debris on the cog that drives a pull string and mobilizes the tonearm.  I got the tonearm to move back and forth, but it still would not lower enough to contact the record.  I fiddled with it as much as I could but still wouldn’t work right.  One guy on Youtube thinks I should keep it, in hopes that I might get it working later.  He noted, “They don’t make them like that anymore.”
@bob540,   I think “Look into the future” is a great record, especially in context.  As someone else once wrote, those guys had “a long education” with Santana. I had loved the Schon/Rollie era of Santana and had so much admiration for Journey breaking out on their own and for their music which was bold and progressive and crunchy and pretty heavy.    
Sounds like you’re enjoying your new equipment.  Very cool.  
Bummer about that Dead record.  I don’t know how to get paint off of a record.  @slaw might have some wisdom for you.  Personally I would look on discogs for another copy if it’s a record that really means a lot to you.  
@bob540,  @tomic601  may know about linear tracking rigs and what to do.  Sounds like you new deck is fine though.  
So far, so good.  There have only been a couple of old albums that didn’t sound good even after cleaning.

I knew Gregg Rolle was with Santana but wasn’t aware that Neil Schon was also.  I have a couple of old Santana albums — haven’t dug that far into the collection yet.  This staying-home period is the perfect time to be doing this.  
Joni James - Sings Hank William's
Slayer -South of Heaven
Pantera - Vulgar dDisplay of Power
Spyro Gyra - Carnival
Enya - Sheperd Moons
DRI - 4 of a Kind