For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601

Anne Bisson. That’s audiophile music, right? I remember she appeared at, and her records being played at, a hi fi show. I put a couple of her albums on the streamer in high res to check her out again this morning. They sure do have that audiophile sound. A good baseline test for your new phono box?

Anyway, for some reason, the sound of these recordings made me want to put this on:

https://www.discogs.com/Sophia-Pfister-Birdcage/release/12487228
A recent discovery for me which I was thinking you might also like.

I mean, also an audiophile record of female vocals, but almost completely different in almost every way.   Hard to explain I guess.  Anyway, I think you might dig it.  
James - yes I think you could characterize Anne’s work and niche that way. I prefer careful attention to the recording chain by an artist concerned with quality- back when I was more into high speed tape I was invited to hear her perform live ( unamplified ) at a session being recorded as well - so I have a pretty good idea what her voice and piano sound like - not my favorite music but not my least. I will check out your referral as well :-)
best
jim
So cool.  You’ve been there at the source!  It’s obvious from the sound of her records that she and/or her team take great care with the recording and production. I appreciate this so much.  I like her music.  Her classy personality comes through her music and she’s a wonderful pianist.  
I think it’s pretty incredible though (to me) how crazy contrastingly different people, Anne & Sophia just an example, can appeal through good sound.  Maybe it’s kinda simple and dumb of me to be impressed by contrasts - I don’t know - interesting to me though.  
Re: Hoenig.  Haven’t played this in many years (35...?).  Remembered it as far more spectacular.  In my mind it’s upliftingly high bright and light.  On the (“shouty”, “strictly mid-fi”) horns this morning it’s low down, dark and funereal.   
Might I humbly suggest Anat Cohen - Claruscuro ( I only have her work on server, but it is IMO sublime )

have fun with your morning of contrasts !!!
Benny Goodman
After You’ve Gone, Vol. 1

————————

Thanks Jim.   Don’t know that recording.  Will sure check it out.  
@tomic601 thank you Jim that Anat Cohen - Claruscuro is a really really nice jazz record.  Fantastic SQ.  I don’t know that label.  Are they known to put out good sq?  She’s a great player.  So is the trombone player on there.  Thanks much.  That will be a new go to for a certain mood.  Similar vibe to Shai Maestro I think. 

——————————-

Levi Parham
Its All Good
reddish-purple pressing...

The Ben Webster Quintet- Soulville

DOL702 H

recorded October 1957, so very very fine
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres. Original 1973 London pressing. Lots of surface noise on side 1. Side two much better! I have another one on order! 
I’ve spent a lifetime trying to find and recreate the scene in the photo on the inside of that record....
Post removed 

John Moreland
LP5

arrived this morning.  Sounds real fine.  Man this guy can write a song.  Really good lyrics.  

‘I had a thought about darkness, 
a thought’s just a passing train’

’shame is a cancer, go easy on your heart’

Living in the USA ... Linda Ronstadt.

Ok, I guess it was worth retrieving after all.
@jamesclarke,

Thanks for mentioning John Moreland has a new record out...I'll be ordering.
@slaw  please let me be the one to add it to your annual best of thread.  It’s different in that it’s more produced, which was perhaps a risk, but he pulls it off really well.  Lot of cool acoustic and mike effects. 
Band is sweet.

Songs are fantastic.  

I got my copy from vinyl me please records. It’s pressed in the coolest light blue colored absolutely dead quiet vinyl.