For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@noromance,

From reading your posts, I'm wondering if the Deccas are forgiving?
Omg almost pissed myself laughing about Joe S at 33 and a third.... and thinking I have some of his stuff.... lots and lots of notes
Tip of the hat to @slaw - he turned me on to this...

John Fogerty - Deja Vu all over again...
@slaw
Are Deccas forgiving?
I guess you mean of bad vinyl and surface noise? First off, even if they weren’t forgiving, the perceived dynamic range is so great that you don’t really mind any noise. Of the three Deccas I have (see system for the specifics of the cartridges as they are not stock), the Grey and Gold are very quiet. The SuperGold is less forgiving. Apart from acute short warps, tracking is excellent on all.
Johnny Cash "The Man Comes Around"  from the American Recordings box-set
Rachmaninov - Symphonic Dances -  Eiji Oue - Minnesota Orchestra - Ref Recordings RM-1504

dynamics and tone color to die for, perfect hall ambiance ( for me anyway)
@reubent - I grew up cranking Live Bullet on my Dad’s stereo, till the tubes glowed blue :-)
@tomic601  - Bob Seger was HUGE when I was in high school. Was never much of a fan myself, but hear it a lot. This one's from a hand-me-down pile I received from a friend of my wife. Its likely going in the "to trade" pile. If it were in better condition, I'd probably keep it after listening to it. There are several over-played hits on this album, but there are also a couple good ones that got a little less airplay.
Even though the sound stage width isn’t what one would normally expect, the SQ and the performance overwhelms any (minor) issue one may have.

Beth Hart..........such a force of nature!!!
Ya, Smokin OPS was more party music.... for my youth... “ points all her own, way up high” workin on mysteries without any clues.... the stuff of youth
I've reached the end! I'm playing the last record from the cull crate. Round II of the great purge has come to an end. Ended up with 105 records coming off the shelf, or out of the excess crate, and headed to my LRS to trade toward quality. Last album from the culling crate:

Santana - "Marathon" (go)

Not in great condition and I've never been much of a fan.
@reubent ,

I guess I'll be somewhat responsible for adding to your collection when the Jenny & Johnny arrives?
@slaw - Yes, yes you will.... I now have room for a few records on the shelf, since the purge. But probably only have room for about 10 or so. Not sure what I'm going to do when that space is consumed. Might have to cut a bit deeper, or get a bigger shelf.....
Free records are great and all, but what I really "need" is a better turntable........ ;~)
@reubent

I didn’t want to be the one to say that... glad you did!

While honesty is present....

I got rid of some valuable records years ago, with the base line being another tt......I now feel that was a big mistake.
@slaw - All joking aside (you were joking, weren't you?), my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB is a very musically satisfying table. It's a bit noisy compared to more expensive decks. But with the upgraded Ortofon 2M Blue and an Audio Sensibility phono cable, it is very musical.

That said, I've been looking for a new table. But that might also entail an isolation stand or an upgrade to my 3 shelf low-boy audio rack. And if I upgrade the table, I might want an MC phono cartridge, which would necessitate a new phono stage.

Maybe I'll just enjoy what I've got for a while.....

BTW, I previously had a Basis 1400 Signature, but never actually used it. Bought it while transitioning houses and never set it up. Sold it, and now the darn things have increased in price to the point that I don't want to pay. Before that, Had a Linn Axis and a CJ Walker 55 w/Lustre tonearm.
All this culling, typing, listening and that 6 hours of skiing this afternoon has me worn out. I'm outta here. Enjoy the night everyone.
@boxer12 Interesting. I picked up the Jana Hunter/Devendra Banhart 2005 collaboration recently. 

@reubent how funny, as part of my TT culling I gave a close friend and fishing Buddy a Basis 1400 for his birthday... I am down to three - hopefully headed to two

enjoy the music :-)
@tomic601 yes it is, this is the first of the one step series, I wasn’t sure about it with the high price but they are stunning 
@tomic601  - That Basis 1400 was a heck of a Birthday present. Good man for passing the love to a friend...
Streaming a sampling of Jana Hunter and Devendra Banhart....

I think I relate more to Jana
Fleet Foxes
Helplessness Blues

Louis Armstrong
A Musical Autobiography 
F, G & H

Jason Isbell
Something More Than Free

@reubent a wise man once said to me “ ya don’t see any uhauls going to heaven, and IF by chance ya do - they are parked in a long line outside the gate...”

blessings
Of course, sliding into home plate penniless and exhausted is the trick...
Does anyone here know if there is any real recourse to be had from a Discogs purchase?
Besides just leaving neg feedback which is pointless as they just do the same right back.
Bought a copy of Led Zep 3 that seller described as vg+ for cover and vg for the record.
TBH I would be embarrassed to give it away!
Cover is possibly good only, lot of marks and stains but the record!
Multiple deep heavy scratches and so dirty I doubt 5 passes through the US cleaner would work!
Sorry but this will be my last Discogs purchase as at least Fleabay has guaranteed returns.