Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I also saw that particular Roger Waters album at Barnes and Noble.
I passed as I remember streaming it and thinking, well ok but not much more.

Be interested in Greg's thought on it as don't want to be seen as dissing it outright.... 🙄🙄
It's ok, not great. An ok deal at half off, I would have been disappointed if I paid full boat.
Andrew Gold - Whats’s Wrong with this Picture ?

( promotional copy, minty... love the cover photo and the liner notes... )

thanks @bdp24 and @slaw
Streaming the Tidal "Jackson Brown Station". About 100 long play list including Willie Nelson! 
J.D. Souther - Black Rose ( 180 g reissue )

have tickets to catch him at my fave 300 seat venue in February:-)

Mono LP's, Jazz, on my new Grado ME+ Mono cartridge ($150.)

I followed a thread here about mono that led me to this decision, I am VERY GLAD I got this.

Last night I played a collection of Jazz tunes, Chicago South Side Jazz, from 1927-1930.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Chicago-South-Side-Jazz-Vol-1/release/5104002

Stereo cartridge, preamp in Mono, listening was more like a history lesson. One prominent instrument, everything else low volume, seemed a half mile away.

Very early Louis Armstrong, Earl Hines. I strained to hear them with Stereo Cartridge, 

Repeated with Mono Cartridge, bingo, I became INVOLVED with the music, a huge difference! There, a band all together, there's Louis, there's Earl.
Well, it’s been a while since I was able to post.  A heck of a holiday season, with lots of visitors and visiting.   Unfortunately, life has taken a surprising turn necessitating a major move/downsizing and selling my record collection and turntable.   I did just purchase a Bluesound Node 2i streamer so the music will continue.  You guys all have great taste, so I do plan on logging in to see what everyone is listening to. Good luck all and great listening!
16f4.

So sorry to hear that you have to leave the vinyl fold, I hope all goes well and you can find the time to return when life mellows out again.

Obviously with the node 2i you will still be enjoying great music which is great.
Jenny Lewis / Acid tongue

I wish you the best 16f4. Sometimes life throws a curve ball and we end up having to make the best of it, which you are. Hope to see you here again.
@slaw ‘welcome

@elliott so cool that you put together a mono setup.  Sounds really fun and that’s a lot of what it’s about.  
So, did you set it up on a separate deck or do have one of those super cool tables that can work 2 arms?

@16f4 all the best with the move bro.  That can be stressful if you let it get that way.  We don’t know each other much but I feel for you. I also had to go through a major move and life change not too long ago.  Even had to sell my boat....
But not my records yet anyway.  That must hurt.  You have so much unique stuff.  All the best, really.  
———————-

Glitter Wizard
Hunting Gatherers

Uberwaltz, thanks for the regards.  This is a positive situation for my wife and me; she was offered a great job,  so we will sell our house and rent in the city to improve her commute.  Even though I am moving on from vinyl our live music options will be phenomenal!  
The Magnetic Fields / The charm of the highway strip

Glad to hear it's a good change 16f4
16f4
Well glad to hear it's an upbeat positive life change.
Which city may I ask?

Golden Biscuits .... Three Dog Night
Tedeschi trucks band-revelator
Steely Dan-gaucho
Elton John-Tumbleweed connection
Uberwaltz, we currently live in southern Maryland.  The move will take us into Washington DC.  Since my wife can retire in three years, we want to enjoy city life until we move on again. 
16F4 congrats on a power life move !!!! As you may know, the House Jazz band at Sotto is fantastic and there is a Vinyl shop across the street as lingering temptation...

best wishes on your move and adventures 
@Boxer12 love that album

i used to co-chair a weekly meeting with the facilities team... property, plant, equipment, security, cafeterias, etc

i named the meeting “ more songs about buildings and food “

they thought I was nuts...

probably still
Patty Griffin "Silver Bell" 2013

"all the strippers think you're odd
but you leave the biggest tips"

"Little God"

I bought it when it came out and it is the worst piece of vinyl/pressing I’ve ever owned. I love the music. Is anyone out there who owns this lp happy with the vinyl quality? Wondering if it would be worth seeking out another?
Yes - "Going for the One"

Some great songs, including one of my favorites from Yes - "Parallels". However, the sound quality is awful. It sounds like a jumbled mess. I think I'll look to see if there was a re-master that fixed the poor SQ of the original release.
@reubent,

Was the original a UK or a US? If it was a UK, that may be the best option?
Listening to a CD of Milt Jackson on a 20 year old Sony boom box, out in the garage while cleaning my latest haul from the bargain bins.

Thinks 🤔
Hmm, maybe we need a TT in here too?
😉😉
@slaw  - Mine is a US version. Just bought a Japan version from Discogs. Comments were that it was the best. We'll see......
@slaw  - Hey brother! What is the name of that on-line music seller that does the 60% off sales a few times per year? I've forgotten the name and don't recall seeing any e-mail notifications from them in a while.

Hey @reubent,

www.insound.com
I rarely get emails from them anymore
www.oldies.com
It’s more difficult to find the (great) deals here now.
www.popmarket.com
This one is worth registering with.
Just heard, I had no idea and apparently it was on Tuesday.
Brain cancer for a few years fight.
So sad.
Slowly our heroes are succumbing to the inevitable.

2112 original edition in honor of one of the truly great drummers of our time.