For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Cranberries "Everybody Else is Doing it, So Why Can't We" Analog Spark/2017
Traffic "When the Eagle Flies" from the excellent sounding The Studio Albums box set.
Well I will attest to the superb SQ of The Bob Dylan (RSD) "Blood on the Tracks" "Test Pressing"

I had to flatten it

Thanks for the reminder about the RSD version of BOTT, slaw. I brought it home, filed it, and forgot it! Is the SQ good enough to warrant buying the $125 1-Step version? I'll listen and reconsider. I like the music enough to want it, but Dylan's recorded sound is so spotty.

I love the sound of his album with The Band, Planet Waves. recorded at Village Recording in L.A., the studio Ry Cooder loves so much. By the way, I just finished Robbie Robertson's book Testimony, and let me tell ya, it is unbelievably good! Barnes & Noble has remaindered hard cover copies left in stock, $6.99 I believe. The best book on The Band I've read, and I've read 'em all. 

Oh, duh, It just occurred to me: the RSD LP BOTT recordings are completely different than those on the regular and 1-Step albums. Different studio (different part of the country), different band, different everything. 
Eric, Do you find your enjoyment of the lps you post about related In any way to the books you read?
Boxer
The crack about the C.E.C was a joke my friend, not that I would not sell it of course.
Just you used to mention it a lot... Lol.

Now that Vira arm is very interesting but like Slaw it has me scratching my head as to just how it works.
Although we obviously take your word that it does and very well by the sounds of it.

Some of the benefits of a linear tracker without some of the hardships.

Lavern Baker - Real Gone Gal (Charly 1984)

Haywood Henry - The Gentle Monster (Uptown 1983)
It does not seem to matter what cart I try out on my Garrard I keep coming back to the same one as having the best overall balance of detail, bass, soundstage and presentation.

My good old faithful Nagaoka MP-150.
Not even expensive by any means but it sure does rock on my Garrard 401 and Micro Seiki 505ls tonearm combo.

Of course all my carts are sub $1000 units ATM.

Maybe I need reach higher......
Very wise words Slaw.

You are most likely correct , good job I do not have the mindset I have read on some threads of late where some try to claim the Cart is 80% of the deal!
It does seem to be odd though that such a relatively inexpensive cart can best an up to $1500 cart on this table.
Yes I know I said all sub $1000, that's my cost, I do have one lomc that retail at $1495.

Funny old business.
@slaw - Curious to know if you own "Sweet Old World" as well as "This Sweet Old World". I've owned "Sweet old World" on CD since it's release and I bought "This Sweet Old World" when it was released on vinyl. 

I prefer the music/songs (arrangement, vocals, etc.) on the original. I prefer the sound quality on the newer album, but I do not like the arrangements, or Lucinda's vocal style as she has aged. I listened to the newer LP a couple of times and sold it. Just never warmed-up to the new style, having grown up with the original.

I always thought the original was sorta "Sweet". The re-make, not so much.....
slaw & uber,
I think you guys may be overthinking how the Vira arm works. It runs across the album due to VTF like any other arm. It just has 4 bearings (one one each end of the 2 tubes) connected by a "crossbar" at the business end which allows the tip to pivot & hold the cart alignment consistent across the entire album. 

More Fiery Furnaces. This was really a creative band, wish they were still making music together. 
Thx Slaw for making me not feel like I am the only person on the planet who does not like Amused to Death!
👍👍
Boxer
I think I get it after making Google my friend!
Glad it is working out so well.

Kelly Finnigan - "The Tales People Tell"

Any of you guys have this one? Curious what you think of the performance and the sound quality. Saw it on a couple of "Best of 2019" lists. It was released on Colemine Records, a small label from here in Cincinnati (actually Loveland, Ohio). The owner of Colemine - Terry Cole is also part owner (along with his bother Bob) of my LRS - Plaid Room Records. 

Sugar - Beaster
Various Artists - The Best of Louie Louie Vol. 2
Tom Waits - Bone Machine
PJ Harvey - Rid of Me
Steppenwolf - Gold
@reubent   

I think we had this conversation when "TSOW" came out. I still have not heard the original but I understand your position.
Ah Rhiannon G, man what a voice...

I also adore Planet Waves and unfortunately did not score a RSD Blood, wanting the one step MOFI, on my 2020 list for sure, for sure...
@slaw not that I have read that many rock memoirs or biopics but yes I would say I both enjoy them and the music more... Neil, Linda, Lowell and based on Eric input with order Robbies 2
Uber I have a Nag 110 that whole line punches far far above the $ they get....
Tomic
Yes it appears everyone likes the Nagaoka line of carts apart from our resident Russian Chakster!

Thinking of buying the top dog mp-500 as Greg has given it a big thumbs up.

Bruce Springsteen  Tunnel of Love

Jackson Browne  Solo Acoustic Vol 1

Jimi Hendrix   Experience Hendrix -The best of Jimi Hendrix

J.S. Bach - The Six Flute Sonatas - Waterlilly ( funded by VPI )..... oh so good
Uber - Tim just replaced a highly regarded Carmen with a 150, system synergy is everything they say ;-)

@mr_m
About to derail our wonderful music appreciation thread, I do like the MP 500, but I think it is a little bit overpriced, or perhaps maybe a better way to say it would be that there are other cartridges that are as good or better at that price point. I like the Hana SL a lot. Current prices are a little higher than the MP 500, but the Clearaudio virtuoso wood is also a really nice cartridge although I don't like the way the cantilever sticks out way in front of the body. I have snapped it off before.

One thing to be aware of is that according to Nagaoka the stylus is only good for 150 to 200 hours. There's also a lot of discussion that says it should last hundreds of hours. That might just be marketing-speak trying to sell more styli. I'm not sure how many hours mine has on it, but it has to be close to a hundred and fifty or more. 

I wonder if you can get some halfway good deals on Nagaoka buying direct from Japan. I bought mine from cdjapan, but I don't think they sell them anymore. There used to be a guy named Kazu who sold them through a website called audio Kazu. I think he only sells the stylus now.
Dylan - Planet Waves - ( MFSL ) inspired pick by @bdp24 hope your Christmas was great !!!

i have Cornell on deck and the Robertson book headed my way... ya man
Finishing up Chris Whitley - "Living With the Law" from last night. Have side 2 spinning now. What a great album.