Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Prague String Quartet
Schubert 
String Quartet No. 14, “Death and the Maiden” in D Minor D.810
Quartettsatz in C Minor, D.703

Too much Minor Key Drama.  I can’t imagine ever being in the mood for this.  Trade pile....
Just opened/cleaned my newly acquired Buddy Miles "A Message to the People" Mercury/OP

very open/dynamic!
spirit, My only Dixie Dregs lp is Dregs of the Earth" on Super Disk....not to shabby?
Slaw
I will pm you later on the Orb but I think I will be investing in one .

Have found a very fair price at a USA distributor.

Great write up on the MyMat by Boxer, much more eloquent than myself.
And yes I run mine on top of a acrylic mat now as easily adjustable vta on TT makes it a no brainer.

This is a change from original configuration so will try to put results into words later.
Well, I guess so, I’ve never had a Super Disk of anything.  I do have a Shibata now so maybe I should try one.  Don’t have that record @slaw is it a “Dregs” release?  Will look for it and try it through the dac.  
@uberwaltz

Try the MyMat under the acrylic mat as well. Of coarse there is the option of the flat side of the MyMat and the other side which has hundreds of tiny, symmetrical raised "points", that IMO contribute to the MyMat’s effectiveness. I personally use the flat side to the platter. Enjoy!
Old Crow Medicine Show
Remedy

she’s out shoppin so it’s gettin degenerative around the house here.  
Apple brandy and the big knob to almost 10 o’clock, whew, post Christmas mood is kinda nice.  
Wishbone Four ... Wishbone Ash.

Slaw.

Dimples up so far, never even considered flat side up tbh but will try it.
@spirit 

What happens upon her return?
Buddy Miller "Her Love & Other Lies"
Knob goes back below 8 o’clock, Amy Grant goes on the platter, and I go clean out the garage...

—————————

Neil Young
Colorado
Wow dude.........???    I guess the question is... How clean is the garage?

How’s "Colorado"?
The package is, well, I could say a confusing mess but let’s just call it complicated. I love records generally and specifically. This format though I have to get used to , including how to shelve it and  getting out of my chair every 2 songs... anyway, Lots of guitar feedback that sounds pretty good to me. His voice was always kinda shaky so he still sounds like himself. Pretty good really.
Haven’t got to it yet but it says one side was recorded early this year here at his/their show in Portland. More to report later.
I think it’s sort of curious that this release hasn’t seen more public discussion. Maybe it’s partially shadowed by all those recent reissues. Not sure. Saw it on one best of list but not much elsewhere.
While I write this side b? ( Second trip up) is blowing me away. “Help me lose my mind”.
I’ll have to report back later but so far this is a highly recommended, as in, it’s about 1000 times better than Oh Susanna

spirit +1 on Phish Farmhouse

slaw, the thing I like about the dimple side is it holds the album like a vice grips (without the damage lol)

Thom Yorke / Spiria
Well...:;()$&@ !!!! Condo below us undergoing remodel, sounds like Little Shop of Horrows dental saw on steroids....

I am at least streaming Colorado loud !!!!

i left the Apple Brandy in Seattle, darn !!!!
@boxer12,

The"dimple side" also acts as teenie decoupling devices as well!!!
Thx Spirit, W4 is a mighty fine album as is Argus as I see Slaw is spinning.

Little shop of horrors was an instant classic, so bad it was excellent.
Thx Tomic for the imagery!
Always been curious to this question.

How do you pick your music?

Does it depend on your mood?

Do you read something here and think yes!

Or like myself do you just pull something out randomly?

This is for vinyl, streaming is a little different.
Slaw
Anybody and everybody!

Just curious, no big deal.

Not finished the first page of the " thumbs up for us cleaning" yet!
Steve Miller band - Children of the future
Jean Luc Ponty - Canteloupe Island

On Deck - Rare Bird Sympathy
uber,
Mood for sure. That stated, I usually have the next selection figured out before the current is finished. Take this one for instance, I had it picked out 2 records ago but forgot about it until now. Can't say that is an isolated incident... I'm getting old.  

Flaming Lips / Once upon hopelessness 
Getting old... I'm pretty sure I "got old" overnight! It sort of just happened 😂😅

Tbh mood usually does not determine my choice but it likely will decide how much I appreciate the music at the time.

Maybe I should rethink my music choosing methodology!

Threat to Survival ... Shinedown.

180g brand new, present from my daughter!
@uber 

Most times it starts as a well needed hear. Then it morphs into a flow. That flow may not make any sense to outsiders.
Slaw
I am on the fence over Raising Sand.
It's fine as it is but I just feel it could have been so much more......
I find the pace a little lacking and I'm always waiting for it to take off but of course it never does.
Not truly.
Just my 2 cents.
I take it for what it is and I find that cure's any ills I have with it.
Mood, whimsey, attainable volume level, and as Slaw said is the War Department out on a booze run ( or worse ), what have I recently cleaned, is the dog asleep ? What are you guys on this thread playing ?

like documenting the process of a mad man....
Oh man.... Sand is understated genius... have you caught her live in a reasonable size venue ? Saw her and Paper Airplane at a 2k seat venue in Charleston- omg ..... freakin angel.....
And also, as an aside - caught Jerry Douglas her Dobro player at the Orange Peel in Asheville- man that dude can play !!!
@slaw discogs search and I are having marital spat, can you post or PM the super disc catalog number for the Dixie Dregs LP
no hurry
@tomic601 

You sure do get around...especially in N.C.

My Pleasure ..Direct Disk Labs #SD 16622 (1980) Arista Records
Steve - many thanks, that broke the code!!!! Supposedly NM copy headed my way :-) man does that recording bring back memories 

I had six zip codes in my career including Charleston and a stint at Duke in NC, lucky bastard I would say....
Yes  - Fragile -  Mofi One Step - incredible, one of the best so far  - amazing 

Kenny Burrell  - Introducing Kenny Burrell  - Tone Poet  series  - VVG 

Grant Green  - Born to be Blue  - Tone Poet series  - EX,  almost dead quiet vinyl,  EX SQ 
The Cars - Heartbeat City 

Uber,  I heard some Cars in the car and decided I needed to hear them on the turntable when I got home. That's how this selection was chosen.