Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Aoife...sublime...I just have her stuff in digital, but my dac is very analog sounding and she is so fine...

all this talk of whiskey...brother in law gave me a bottle of Angels Envy last eve, crack the seal !!!!! 

Tull - Aqualung- S Wilson remaster

BTW Freight and Salvage in Berkley is so nice , caught Crosby there...a very long, languid lunch at Chez Panisse....yowsa

In just a bit......my newly unsealed/cleaned Ray Charles/Betty Carter  DCC.
I hope my expectations are met?
Hey @tomic601 ,

Do you have the Crooked Still "Shaken By a Low Sound" on lp?
Here's my assessment of the Ray Charles lp. I've been very interested in starting a RC collection. This lp popped up recently and the price wasn't too bad so I hit "buy". Hearing this lp isn't the Ray most of us think of, at least for me. The song cycle on this lp follows a formula of Ray & Betty duets, then a swinging/jazz number throughout. The sonics are great and the lp sounds better the higher the volume. For me, Betty's voice is very unusual. If I try to describe it, it is the equivalent of a horn with a muffle in it. Somewhat vague to me as to why Ray chose her unless it was partially because he did not want the female to outshine him? I feel a stronger more pure female vocal would have been the better choice. Maybe it was purely because of his off-soundstage sexual appetite? Listening to "Baby It's Cold Outside" here, it's (is kind of interesting, since there's been much hub-bub about it recently) obvious what Ray's intentions are. I'd love to hear this lp through my tube amps at some point.
Well "Heartbreak Pass" proved to be a much better record than I remembered. IMO, it gets progressively better from start to finish. It doesn't hurt that the SQ is really, really good. Most of Giant Sand lps are recorded at Howe Gelb's home studio to tape, so.....you can fill in the blanks.
Howe Gelb ( a Band of Gypsies) "Alegrias"  2011/Fire Records
Btw Greg.
Imho the Phonomena II digs deeper into the music than the Chinook does.
Better low end and quite a bit more detail in the vocals and acoustic guitar etc.

And that's from stone cold.
Hey @uberwaltz,

I was getting ready to call it a music day. Glad you're back. See you all tomorrow sometime.
Eva Cassidy 45rpm night bird,Cannonball Adderly tone poet 75th something else, Miles Davis kind of blue, the Best Of Apo Hiking Society...
Glad you're liking the phonomena uber!

Thin Lizzy Jailbreak is playing through mine. 
OK so part TT.  First Wilson remix Aqualung.  Interesting that most of the album sounds great, but occasional sibilance and one song (forget which) outright harsh sounding.  The recording or my TT?

Now Chick Corea Elektrik Band Paint the World.  Maybe my favorite somewhat newer jazz fusion.  Ridiculous

Next maybe some Priest Sin After Sin.  Not sure yet.

Cheers  
Thank you for the welcome @  spiritofradio

I'm not home at the moment and missing my turntable.
Upon my return I will fire my tubes, set the volume at 80% and play Wall of Voodoo "Call of the West" love the song "Mexican Radio"

if anyone is interested in pure Synthesizer music check out Larry Fast "Synergy", He made several very unique albums under that name. (Larry Fast- Studio keyboardist for Peter Gabriel and many others)
Desert Moon ... Dennis DeYoung. ( Styx).
Loving the Phonomena, best bang for the buck I have found so far.
@uber I run a Nova II which for the $ is also fantastic 

@slaw no I do not have Crooked Still on vinyl, our record hunting today, with some luck will rectify that sin of omission
@pkat figure out which track on the S Wilson and I will check for same observation - I listened to that the other day but was distracted....
Welcome to new or returning posters, this is a refuge from ego of audiogon, so glad you are here and contribute great music!
@slaw 

Been a long week in Keyser, Sun to late Fri so no decent music until last night.

@tomic601 

Seems to be the general consensus that Musical Surroundings make some darn good phono stages for very little coin.
@tomic601 ,

I have an extra sealed copy. Say the word and I'll send it your way.
Beetles - White Album (Giles Martin remaster).

Uber, another great bang for the buck phono stage is the Parks Puffin.
Uber - Brother in law just got his Nova III, after breakin I am going to listen to it against the II in place of my yearly hearing test !!!
@slaw sold!!!!! Thanks, adding you to the Christmas card list for sure!! Streaming the Giant Sand album you mentioned, Spouse yells from other room - what is that ?????
I think one big advantage of the Phonomena is that it has the 100k loading ability.

That really made a big difference with my Astatic MF100 cart compared to 50k loading.
Uber, I have used the 100k setting to give some life to my Shure V15 Type IV. I wish it also offered 75k, I think that might be perfect for the Shure.
Shades of Deep Purple.

Love the cover of Help on this, Jon Lord’s organ really suits it imho.

I always liked Rod Evans vocals, Gillan a close second but as for Coverstar, bleh!
Alive in Little Bridges by the Real Time Jazz Band
Cardas Records CR5314, Direct-to-Disc 45 rpm.

Side 1 -- Well You Needn’t
Side 2 -- Sweet Lotos Blossom (not typo)

Trombone, Jim Leigh
Clarinet, Jim Bogen
Banjo, Mike Fay
Bass, Pope Firman
Washboard & Vocals, Dick Barnes
Engineered by George Cardas

Very clean, you-are-there sound.
Yes I Am ... Melissa Etheridge.

One of my all time fave albums in both content and SQ.
Alan Vega, Alex Chilton, Ben Vaughn / Cubist Blues
This album is sooooo good!
Back from my grandson's third birthday party.
Jesse Sykes "Marble Son"
Got a few lps in this week, gonna get to some of them later.......
www.4ad.com/releases

Just released is Gene Clark "No Other" (will be up next) re-mastered @ Abbey Road from the original master tapes. There are several versions available. I got the black vinyl. Many great players on this lp.
"No Other" is just flat out a great record. IMO, everyone should have a copy. Since I don't have another lp, I can't really compare other than to say I really enjoyed this one.
allah-las "Calico Review"
Nothing.  
Watching Oregon football game.  
Hey @uberwaltz I agree about Coverdale.  What’s your take on Deep Purple - “Come Taste The Band”?  It’s sure grown on me since when it came out and it didn’t really impress.  (I’m now crazy into Tommy Bolin)  Also, do you like Captain Beyond?  
boxer12, caught your post of 10/25 and Tortoise “TNT”.  Excellent pick! I’m still in Japan and suffering turntable withdrawals.  I’m catching up as I have internet access.
As I rode the train a few days back, my trusty iPod treated me to Tortoise “Millions Now Living Will Never Die”.

Ah the Chicago indie sound....
puffball, That is also an excellent album from them!

Day of the dead / Terrapin station