Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Cranking up EC - 461 Ocean Blvd, a reissue w good Sonics and B+ pressing quality ( 811 697-1 )
@uberwaltz I scored a minty ( visual Grading ) copy of Jazz  today, will play track two soon although in condo unlikely to hit super high SPL, I have an RTA so will lol at bass energy also.....

double blind with a margarita lab inc.
@uber play grade is VG- but interesting, w 80 db peaks , which is way louder than I can normally get away with, the LiL Naim sails thru with no over current as I expected w Treo an easy 6 ohm load, there is however some significant energy below 63 HZ on that track particularly at 25 and 20 hz....maybe 12 db down from the peak which is significant imo.... great disc so far, love Ry
Tomic
Yes it is a great album
Glad to hear you like it and that you can concur the lf energy that is present there.
Guys
Thanks
But my wife would beat you all up if she could hear your encouraging me to brink even more records home ..... lol
Gram Parsons - GP

i don’t get the fuss, will revisit in dark... candle, wine... thinking about Emmylou...

( R1 573841 ) with Staughton tip on but the pressing quality is just OK
Went on a record buying tour of Amsterdam this week.  Convinced my wife we were on an anniversary vacation.  🤣.  I bought a couple of records at a flea market, which I am now pretty sure are counterfeit pressings.  The SQ is not bad on either, though.

The Stooges - S/T
Nirvana - Nevermind
Spiritofradio OMG I love Ruth, have caught her as part of the Jenny’s now at about 4 good smallish halls w good sound and man.... she and they are the real deal
@tomic601, I understand. Part of Gram's legendary status is the mythology. I've always thought his GP album was over-rated (the songs are pretty good, but his singing often just slightly flat). His follow-up album, Grievous Angel, is imo much better. Still, Gram was a better songwriter than singer. As proof of that assertion, and to hear a great version of his excellent "A Song For You", compare his recording of the song to that of The Continental Drifters (Susan Cowsill, Vicki Pederson of The Bangles, Peter Holsapple of The db's, excellent drummer/singer Carlo Nuccio, and Mark Walton of The Dream Syndicate. How's THAT for a Super Group?!). I much prefer their version.
Yep.  Listened to her on my headphone rig this morning and was one again moved by the sweetness of her voice.  I got to like this style of music over the last decade or so with the rise of punch brothers and crooked still and others of course.  Was telling my cousin about her so had to play it again for him while we were hanging out before the hockey game.  Then at the game was telling my Daughter (who’s seen the Wailing Jennys ) about her solo stuff and so we just had to put it on again.  So very sweet.  
@tomic601 do you know if any of ruth’s or the Jenny’s music has ever been put to vinyl?
@tomic601 I think I'm going to keep using the Nova for the SL 1200.  Now that I have some headshells to play with, I have one with a MM, one with a LOMC, and one with a HOMC.  The Nova has more gain settings than the Chinook and they are much easier to get to. 

I put the "new" tubes (6DJ8 / ECC88 Telefunken West Germany with diamond mark) in yesterday.  They sound good, but I don't notice a dramatic difference other than that the old tubes were starting to sound a little noisy.

I started listening to Santana Abraxas and fell asleep...
Spiritofradio I wondered myself, Discogs shows one for The Jenny’s - Fifteen released 2017 Red House Records RHR - LP 305

Discogs has 4 for sale all outside USA, new copies are $22 USD from RedHouse / Compass records store , i have a copy on the way, bad influence you guys are.....

nothing for Ruth or Heather sadly.
John Hiatt - Slow Turning ( 2018 reissue B0027601-01 ) sounds good, pressing quality a B-
Thanks @tomic601 Ruth would be a perfect candidate for vinyl me please or one of those outfits.  Maybe someday soon....

——————————-

Blue Rose Code

The Ballads of Peckham Rye
Ronachan Songs 2014

...And Lo! The Bird is on the Wing
Ronachan Songs 2016

Beautiful and interesting and quite moving music.  Ross signed these record covers for me.  Very dear to me these.  
Still a bit of an obscure Scot toiling away in London but If you haven’t heard of Blue Rose Code recommend checking it out.  If your spouse likes music like Van Morrison or early Iron & Wine or maybe Nick Drake then this fellow will please.  Really nice voice.  Enough salesmanship - stop!

@spiritofradio,

That's really nice! The singer reminds me a lot of Glen Hansard.
Miles  - Nefertiti  - Mofi 

Hendrix  - Axis Bold as Love  - AP  UHQR  - awesomeness 
@slaw - I love "A Farewell to Kings". One of my favorite records from one of my favorite bands.

Happy Friday! And Happy Weekend to All!
Erasure "Wonderland" INT

First time ever hearing any of this record. The singer sounds similar to Alison Moyet. SQ is a 10.
Thanks @reubent, the same to you buddy.
I’ve posted before that I’ve never had good experiences with Discogs sellers, and I use mostly ones rated at 100%, never below 95%. They are always overrated. Then they look at my buyer total and see me as inexperienced, without thought of why that may be. I decided to give Discogs another chance with these:

Jesse Sykes @ the Sweet Hereafter " Marble Son" 180gr/dbl lp
Carl Perkins "The Sun Years" UK/box set/coming from the UK

JS is up next...........
WOW! "Marble Son" is a hell of an effort!. I have to thank a post by @boxer12, for introducing me to this great artist. This lp is on top of my (newly found) lps of 2019.
@slaw well then you just have to try Jesse - Oh, My Girl 

Devil in the woods records DIW #86, expensive in mint but imo worth it, my fave of hers.
Barsuk also had the double : Like, Love, Lust & The Open halls of the soul recently for something like $10
I own "Like, Love & Lust" brother... but "Marble Son" just blows that very good lp away in terms of the quality of the music.
allah-las "Worship the Sun"

I’ve owned their first lp for a few years, since it’s inception. Somehow, as often happens, their output fell aside in the wake of others’. Nick Waterhouse, ( a band member)...whom I’ve kept up with and absolutely love!

I thought it was time to catch up with allah-las. From what I've read, the group formed by their meeting one another, while working at Amoeba Records. The rest is history.
The Black Angels "Passover"
@big_greg,

I guess I was expecting your impression on the MFSL "Abbey Road"?