Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Just received a couple of orders from Canada.  Three early records of Celine Dion that don’t seem to be available anywhere except on LP and in Canada.  I am burning them to CD for my mom, a big fan. 

Céline Dion - La Voix Du Bon Dieu
Céline Dion - Chante Noël
Céline Dion - Chants Et Contes De Noël
Peter Gabriel - 2
The The - Mind Bomb
Talking Heads - Fear of Music
Conor Oberst - Salutations
The Black Swans - Don't Blame the Stars
Santana - Amigos

Frijid Pink S/T
Original German pressing.

The cover of House of the Rising Sun is just awesome!
Finally settling down to listen to some music before the holiday onslaught.   Pulled a few albums from my sorting box at random.  

Judy Garland - Alone (Depressing, but good prep for the movie)
Selecter - Celebrate The Bullet
Al Stewart - The Early Years
Uberwaltz, I found a copy of Frigid Pink last year in a barn in Maine.  Never heard of them, but thought the cover was cool...and their cover of House of the Rising Sun intrigued me.  You are correct, it is a fabulous version.
I want it to be SteelyDan KatyLied on a Denon DP59L.........but i dont have it yet
Boston "S/T"  I just noticed on the rear jacket "Printed in Holland", I've had this for decades, never saw it before.
Listened to side one and decided to take it off and US clean it and "Don't Look Back". Will listen later.
Boston "S/T" back on now. A very noticeable improvement. What I heard a while ago ( and always bothered me) on "More Than a Feeling" as being somewhat thin, is now absent. More body in the midrange w/ better bass definition.  

(I've been tweaking my cleaning solution which is helping)
That one sounds tasty, @reubent. That lp was one of my very early major musical influences...probably the reason I own 3 or 4 copies.
@slaw - It's pretty good overall. A couple of weak cuts, but "The Wizard" and "Easy Livin" make up for them. I picked up the LP at my LSR today for $5.99. Very clean, but not a great sounding record. Haven't done any research yet, but it's likely not an OP.
@reubent,

I haven't compared all of my copies, but from my memory and what I've read here through the years, my Castle Recordings re-master/160 gr, is a very good sounding copy.
@slaw i also have Frogtown and adore it, back here in land of vinyl so i will play that in your honor this eve...

right this moment I am digesting a minty copy Japan OP of Bob Dylan - Infidels. My only analog copy of this for 20+ years was a casette tape I made on a high end Tandberg, so no liner notes...and i am stuck there again..but I can figure out Knopfler and Mick Taylor are on it, ya man.....
@tomic601 ,

I'm not familiar with "Infidels" but know that Mark Knopfler played on "John Wesley Harding"...which I love!
Slaw
How recent and how much time you got to read?
Lol.
Do you mean the German pressings or?
16f4
Glad you like that cover by Frijid Pink of House of The Rising Sun.
They put very distorted fuzzy guitar to good use on a lot of cuts on that album. Very late 60,s sound for sure!
@uberwaltz,

You got my gander up, when you informed us of your purchase.

"Gander" is a southern phrase....if you're willin', I have all the time in the world.
FWIW: the differences I hear between the Boston lps....
"S/T"/Holland jacket/no bar code & "Don't Look Back"/w/bar code...
more lower bass frequency expression on  "DLB" and slightly less transparent. Otherwise, very similar.
One other of the lps I've experimented with today is the Jesse Sykes "Like, Love & Lust...." It's been through my latest US cleaning, so damn'it, I'm gonna play it again. 
Slaw
Relaxing with some zounds right now but will try to list the German pressings later tonight .
Thank goodness for Discogs and the people who populate all the releases in it.

Even though as new and unplayed they still benefited from a good clean.

One thing to bear in mind is that I did not have ANY of these albums on vinyl previously so do not have anything to compare them too for superior SQ to say a USA pressing.
Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer "Not Dark Yet"
@uberwaltz,
My request wasn't meant to be a reason to judge, only as a fellow music lover who wanted to enjoy another's lot.
Slaw
That is what I had assumed, that your curiosity was piqued.
I just mentioned the SQ compare as a fyi.
I hope you all aren't taking my posts as me being somehow superior or anything like that. I'm posting from my current status in this hobby to make aware to others what I'm hearing/finding. That's all. I love you all and enjoy hearing everyone's music.
There is a way to share discogs collections on discogs ... but technology at the level escapes me....
i do seem to have mastered the BUY function 
Nirvana "Nevermind"  MFSL. I rarely listened to this lp...putting it through my entire regimen.
Discogs seems to be a great resource...for me, I've had little luck in buying lps that were properly graded. On top of that, when communicating to a seller about my concerns, somehow, I'm the "nut" that doesn't get it.
For my friend Slaw and any other music lover who maybe interested!

FRIJID PINK S/T
YOUR SAVING GRACE/STEVE MILLER BAND
DEEP PURPLE LIVE WITH THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
MACHINE HEAD/DEEP PURPLE
VERY EAVY,VERY UMBLE/URIAH HEEP
BENEFIT/JETHRO TULL
INNOCENT VICTIM/URIAH HEEP
BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS/JOE WALSH
BAD LUCK STREAK IN DANCING SCHOOL/WARREN ZEVON (I LIED I DO HAVE THIS ONE!)
A DAY AT THE RACES/QUEEN
SCHOOLS OUT/ALICE COOPER
KILLER/ALICE COOPER
FOCUS AT THE RAINBOW
RAINBOW RISING
EQUINOX/STYX

Now just need time to play them and enjoy!
@uber,

Well, that wasn't as long a list as I suspected? I think I have 45% of them and I'm reminded by the list that I wanted to play some Alice today. I own that exact German pressing of Focus "At the Rainbow". Thanks buddy.
Slaw
Yea I had you going.... Lol.
Not a huge pile agreed but a very good haul of quality vinyl.
It was more that I usually buy at one sitting though, if he had more in that vein I might have bought more.
But the wallet hurt enough after that!
Btw
I would have to agree on Discogs sellers and their ratings.
The worst seem to be the Russian and Slavic country sellers IMHO.
My idea of VG plus does NOT include clearly audible scratches!!

I try to avoid buying used online now if I can.
uber,
If you like Alice Cooper, seek out "Goes to Hell". It’s a sleeper (SQ= off the charts) and should be obtained at very low cost.
I never buy anything listed below VG+
I'm cleaning the Focus lp. It has the tri-fold jacket with the center portion, holding the lp. 
Mine’s red. In my experience, if there are two label colors for one record, it determines either an original pressing vs a repressing or stereo vs mono. I may be wrong.
10-4!
My version is red label too.

However too lazy to spin any vinyl tonight.
Just keep popping a cassette in the zx7.
Tomorrow is another new day!
See you on the flip side. I’ll probably be ready to take a nap by the time you start posting again.......

You weren’t  testing me, were you?
Made it through side one of "Nevermind". My feeling is that it's not too far off from "Unplugged , New York" .