Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
J Geils Band "The Morning After" MFSL is up next, flat and everything else........
Greg
I see you are continuing with the Lemmy kick!

Might drag out my only Motorhead vinyl for a spin, Ace of Spades
I started a thread over a year ago "Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band" , something like that. Anyway I chose CCR, well, I'm ready to amend my choice to The J Geils Band. Wow! 

There was a song..."The Blues Had a baby and Called it Rock and Roll". I couldn't agree more. The J Geils Band, IMO, embodies that more than any I can currently think of.
That's a great one Uber! My local record store bought a nice collection recently and I picked up a lot of cool records in really nice shape - the Motorhead record I'm listening to, thin lizzy, UFO, the stooges, mc5, bowie, and a few other nice scores. My on deck bin is as full as it's ever been! 
You Need to Calm Down - Taylor Swift
Never Really Over - Katy Perry
F*uck I'm Lonely - Lauv ft. Anne Marie 
The Dan - Pretzel Logic
Jesse Sykes - Oh My Girl

tweaked my speaker location a bit, even mo better !!!! Don’t be afraid to mess about
JJ Cale - Travel-Log

so Dig this dudes playing, the players he hangs with and the sly-wry writing....
Gillian Welch - Time

man any random revisit of this album always get me excited for perfection:-)
@slaw busted! Sadly no , I am up North in the system that still has the project SOTA Sapphire, armless at it were - rusting away in corner, so Gillian is on the Server

i don’t much care for the other threads, so I post here and beg forgiveness- I do have Harrow and The Harvest on Vinyl Down south
@tomic601 

I just wanted to find out so I could search for it. "Soul Journey" is awesome as well.
@slaw I will check that out, I have in addition to Time, Revival and He’ll Among the Yearlings ( love that title ) here on server...

Midnight Oil - "Diesel and Dust" Again! My most listened-to album of the last month. Love it...
The Teskey Brothers "Half Mile Harvest"
@reubent 

I've never heard one of their lps but have always been curious. Need to check it out.
"SOTC" is such a great lp, I could listen to it for a long time.

Peter Frampton Band "All Blues"  again
"Half Mile Harvest" again after it's inaugural US cleaning. What a great record!
Both of the John Fogerty lps sound fantastico!

J Geils Band "The Morning After" MFSL again
Keb’ Mo’ - BluesAmerica

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy

The Doobie Brothers - One Step Closer
@slaw - Midnight Oil's "Diesel and Dust" is fantastic IMHO. Also has great SQ for an 80's album. Surprised I never hear mention of it.
@slaw, do you have Fogerty’s first solo album, put out under the name The Blue Ridge Rangers? I love it, but be forewarned---it is VERY Hillbilly/Hard Country. I also like his second, the s/t album on Asylum Records. It includes "Almost Saturday Night", a fantastic cover of which was done by Dave Edmunds. Both versions are great and about equal imo, a rarity.
Thirty-some years ago I purchased a copy of the then new Hendrix "Live At Winteland" double album on Rykodisc-RykoAnalogue. It was pressed on clear vinyl in ’86 maybe, recorded live in ’68.

My B&O Beogram 4002 turntable (RIP 2019) had tangential straight arm tracking, whose tonearm "read" the record with an electric eye, telling the tonearm when and where to drop onto the record and when to lift up and return. Needless to say the electric eye couldn’t read the clear vinyl and would think the record was over before it ever started. So I never got to play it.

Over the years I forgot all about "Live At Winterland" until I stumbled across it last night, when playing some records while continuing to break in my new VPI Classic 2 turntable. So I finally got to give it a listen. Man, was that a good Hendrix concert. I’ve honestly never heard him play better and I’ve almost all his records up to when his family must have exhumed him to put out additional material. His playing was more nuanced than usual is the best way I can describe it. What a pleasant surprise after all that wait.

Also listened to Fairport Convention’s Unhalfbricking and some Jan Akkerman on the last Focus album,"Ship of Memories". Both were excellent, Sandy Denny was in good voice and both Fairport’s Richard Thompson’s and Jan Akkerman's playing was impeccable, but no one is quite up to Hendrix in fine form.

Mike

Mike, I was in attendance at that Hendrix show at Winterland in '68, and believe it or not he was better in '67! Both times he had the original Experience band, but in '67 he and they were on fire (no pun intended ;-). In '68, Jimi seemed somewhat bored, like he was currently treading water and ready to change direction. By the way, Bill Graham did early and late shows at Winterland, but once you were in for the first you could stay for the second, which I did.

Unfortunately I never saw Fairport Convention live, but Richard Thompson numerous times. His guitar tone live is SO fine, much, much more to my liking than that of Hendrix, who made his Strat sound like barbed wire played with a metal pick, or I imagine what it feels like to chew foil. I realize I am in the minority in that opinion! The best guitarists I've seen live are Ry Cooder, Al Anderson (NRBQ), Dave Edmunds, and Albert Lee.

Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All (Discreet 1975)

I played this twice. Once with my Decca Gold (newly retipped Decapod Garrot Microscanner) and then with my Decca Super Gold with a Paratrace tip.

It was as if I listened to two different recordings. Nuts.
Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues
The Boomtown Rats - The Fine Art of Surfacing

I probably should have saved the second one for Monday! 
Recently acquired 2012 Rerelease

Soul to Soul - Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
Still Life, Pat Metheny
Tutu, Miles Davis
Letter From Home, Pat Metheny
Diamond In The Rough, Roy Hargrove
Standard Volume 1, Stanley Jordan
Time for a laugh and this follows Tool.

Make it Big .... Wham.

Lmao, the wife saw it in a Goodwill and bought it for 50 cents.
And no matter what, the album is in pristine shape.
Just had to play it.......
@big_greg - I love  Steve Earle - "Transcendental Blues" and all of the Steve Earle records from that era. Some great stuff on those records.
Greg
Nope... " I don’t like Mondays " either!

Sir Bob Geldof at his finest!

Who would have thought that scruffy looking guy would turn out to be one of the greatest music humanitarian representatives to walk this earth!
@skyscraper,

I played that Hendrix lp not too long ago. SQ is OK but the performance is really good! I also listened to "Unhalfbricking" recently, I believe mine is a 4MWB re-master and it sounds really good!.
…….……………………………………………….
@bdp24,

I don't own that Fogerty lp. I know it's been on my radar before but there really is no rhyme or reason how I buy records sometimes.