For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
 @bdp24 re sides 1 and 3.  I guess they were in a Rush to get rid of changers

finally back to civilization and rid of the essential but god awful boat stereo....finished the Chinook season listening to The Last Waltz, so digging that up to grace the Lyra...so to speak..

nice to read the last few pages and see everybody well and intently focused on music...

Coho are next

Jim
Delicate Steve "Wondervisions"

Tomic, that's a long time on the water my friend.
Just finished Sun Ra, Sun Song - his 1st LP. joyous and comparatively accessible 

Next: Curtis Mayfield, Curtis
Just finished Buffalo Springfield "S/T" /mono/from the "WTS" box..again
Fleetwood Mac "Future Games" OP
The Band "Music From Big Pink" sides 3&4.......2018/45rpm.....both lps need flattening, this one is acceptable
Billy Squire "Don’t Say No" pulled it out of my "to sell" pile, as new, to give a listen

just pulled it off, digititis.
...that was one hell of a record!
Kris Kristofferson "Old Road" New West ......one of our great song-writers.
Stealers Wheel "Ferguslie Park" WLP...........enjoying this lp more than ever
It's Friday, which usually means "Record Store Day" to me. Just back from my LRS with a few nice used records. Very happy with what I got and with the prices. However, I have noticed that the prices of really good used records at my LRS are creeping up. What you you guys seeing?

Here's today's haul:

Normal Greenbaum - "Spirit in the Sky"
Midnight Oil - "Desert and Dust"
Don Henley - "Building the Perfect Beast"
Chris Whitley - "Living With the Law"
The Who - "The Kids are Alright"

Listening to Norman Greenbaum right now. Never heard this album before, only previously heard the title track. So far, I'm liking it.
@slaw - No, if my "6 for a dollar" record deals went up to "5 for a dollar", I'd be OK with it! No, I'm talking about quality used records that were $4.99 or $5.99 a couple of years ago, then $7.99 or $8.99 a year ago, are now $12.99-$19.99. Makes me consider skipping used and going for new. 
 @reubent yes price creep since the Kidz discovered vinyl, but nothing like Volvo diesel parts..ha

spinning MOFI Natalie M Tigerlilly...a masterwork IMO
The topic of used prices is interesting.  My local record store's prices have been creeping up.  It used to be that most decent quality records were in the $4 - $6 range, unless they were rare, then maybe they would top out at $15.  Now it's more like $6 - $8 with some being close to 20 bucks.  Their "New Arrivals" don't last long there (unless they suck) and they are constantly bringing in new items.  While the prices have gone up, their prices are almost always about 80% or less of what I see the same condition items being sold for on Discogs.

In another city not far away, most of their records start out around $15 and $20 or more is not uncommon.  They have a much larger inventory and you can usually find almost anything you want there, unless it's something rare, but it looks like their inventory doesn't move nearly as quickly.  They put the date on their price stickers and I see a lot of records that have been there for years.  The cost of living and also I assume rent for retail space is higher in that city, so they probably need to make a higher margin on their used records.  Whenever I visit there, I usually buy something, but a lot less than I would at my local store.  And when I see something priced at $20 that I could buy a new copy of for $20 - $25, I'll pass.
  • Thelonious Monk, specifically the Complete Riverside recordings.  They sound so much better than the CD version.  I was feeling a little queasy from an odd dinner, but the Monk revived me.  Music is powerful medicine.
@michaelburke - Welcome to the "Whats on Your Turntable Tonight?" thread. Glad the music perked you up! Keep 'em coming.....
@jengelmann - Welcome to the "What's on Your Turntable Tonight?" thread. You're right. Both sides, it's the only way. Unless it's a double or triple LP. That sometimes stretches into 2 evenings for me.

Keep 'em coming.......
The Midnight Oil record is fantastic. Can't believe I've never heard the whole album before.
@tomic601

The MFSL "City to City"......I actually pulled it out of my "to sell" pile. I had put it in there years ago. I decided to give it another chance since I’ve made so many system /room changes. It’s not dynamic or extended but very enjoyable. I can only assume this was on purpose. It has a really smooth quality to it. Now the WLP Stealers Wheel lp I played earlier has the dynamics and sounds really good. ( I assume all know Gerry Rafferty was in Stealers Wheel).
@reubent

I love "Living With the Law". I found a new MOV copy a few years ago for $15.00.
@slaw - The MOV copy of "Living With the Law" that I bought yesterday has a very audible scratch across track 1&2 on side one. :~(   I think I'll sell it back to my LSR and look for a sealed or NM copy. It's a really good record. I have it on CD, but wanted to get the vinyl.
CSN&Y "Deja Vu"  OP & Classic Records

It's been long enough since I last compared and I've now revised my record cleaning regimen..... that I'm happy with. I think I know how it's gonna turn out but we'll see.
After hearing side 1 from both lps, I have to say I’m surprised. The OP sounds warmer than I remembered, that classic analog sound. My memory of the Classic Records version was, in a word, muddy. I realize now that my previous system/room was the reason for that memory. The opening track...has a wider soundstage than the OP (it seems to want to extend forever), the low bass is more audible in a good way. I believe previously, this was the main reason for me using the word "muddy". This lp has some really low bass info. My system/room can now decipher it enough to be enjoyable. The performers are spread across the ss with plenty of room between them. Listening at the same volume level, the CR lp has a little more output.
Side 2 of both lps: (Although I didn’t mention it earlier, the OP has a really wide ss as well), it’s just that the CR lp exceeds it.
I swear I did not adjust the volume.......side 2 on the OP kind of explodes out in the room as if I’d turned it up. It’s almost like side 1 was from a generations’ earlier stamper than side 2? The ss width is no longer. The SQ is very good,although no deep bass.
The CR lp didn’t have that aforementioned explosive effect. The same output level as side 1. The low bass has returned as has the wider ss.
Although the CR lp, is IMO the superior version, I would not want to have to choose one over the other and for such an iconic/historical record, I’m glad to own both.

I think I'll re-evaluate the CSN (couch lps) later as well. It was fun!
Pink Floyd - The Wall. (Harvest UK original)
Haven't played it in decades. Sounds great. Holophonic.

Roger Waters - When The Wind Blows (Virgin 1986)
Buy. Listen. Watch movie. Vote for an anti-war liberal.
@noromance

Hey buddy,
Looking forward to re-listening to The Band "Music From Big Pink" again (2018/45rpm). For some reason, one trip through my ORB flattener didn’t do it. Sometimes it takes a couple trips in order to avoid a disaster.

This will be up next....sides 1&2
@slaw Hey man!

-------------
Paul Tortellier - Plays Encores (EMI 1972)
You like cello? Your friends will love this as a demo. The Swan made me weep when a friend was taken by cancer too young.
I think, one more time through the ORB may do it. Some may say, Why not use a clamp or an outer ring? Although I've never owned a periphial ring (I have reasons), I have used several clamps/weights and prefer no clamp. This drove my decision to purchase the ORB Flattener.
@noromance

I hope my friends are your friends? I love cello. Check out Jason Isbell "Elephant". This song took on a personal meaning while I was the main caretaker of my Dad while he was going through cancer at home., all the while, holding down my 40 hour work-week. Still main care-taker for Mom who is blind w/ dementia.
I'm fortunate to have relief on the weekends.

Maybe this will help you to respect me a little more.
so, after listening to "Music From Big Pink" again...I was thinking about my friend (@bdp24) who posts with so much passion and backs it up with written word...a recent post from one of his resources, saying "they were boys but played like men". I get it now. If it wasn't for reading that post, that powerful quote most likely would have blown by me. I just don't know how they made such a great sounding record in an unknown house?