magic
@nicks25 ya man
i have long since lost the OP
but the Intervention Records reissued disc is stunning

got it on now - thanks for the inspiration 

Joe Jackson - Night and Day

IR -003

@tomic601 

Luckily, I still have the A&M original, SP-4906. Great SQ.   It’s so nice to listen to quality vinyl!

Dennis Brown - Inseparable (Keeper!)
Hiroshima - Another Place (*bleh*.   Reject bin)

Eddie South - The Distinguished Violin of... (Mercury 1958)
Lotte Lenya - September Song, Songs of Kurt Weill (Columbia Masterworks mono 1958)

I was out of town for a few days, doing some catching up...

Golden Earring - Moontan (RSD version)
Queen - News of the World (one of my all-time favorites!)
Journey - Escape (bought it for my girlfriend, not one of my favorite bands)
Tom Petty - Greatest Hits
I've listened to:
Kansas "Monolith"
JJ Cale "Live"
Lowell George "Thanks, I'll Eat it Here"  
again this morning.
@jamesclarke,

Your last post reminded me that I had planned on listening to "All The Roadrunning" on Friday.....as the saying goes....so much music, too little time.
BTW, the ORB record flattener is turning out to be a great (luxury) addition to my ongoing hobby.
@reubent ,

Before more time passes by, I was hoping you'd give a report on the Rare Earth, and the Concrete Blonde lps you picked up recently?
@jamesclarke,

Hey, I'd love to read your opinion on the SQ of "Half Mile Harvest"?
Amazon keeps sliding out delivery on Half Mile Harvest LP.....I ordered it in March...ecd is now June 25...

I think they are @#$&* ! they sold it to me for $13

they can’t outlast me......
another story to suit my ends....

First time I heard All the Road Running was on Vandersteen 7’s in Candy Apple Red and Richard Vandersteen s house... FLOORED..

we were passing thru town, called factory to request a tour, got listen instead....lady luck
Georgia Brown - Sings Kurt Weill (London 1962)

So Kurt Weill wrote Alabama Song. Made famous by The Doors. 
Teddy Wilson and his Trio - Mr. Wilson and Mr. Gershwin (Columbia 1959)

Piano, drums, bass, bowed bass. Speakeasy awesome. You can smell the smoke. Recorded in studio where everyone there came by to see and hear the magic so it has a live feel.

@slaw It sounds really good to me.  Hot mikes and vocal qualities like a rich old 45 made in the swelter of a Memphis summer evening.  The guitar amps on this record sound like they have giant tubes filled with honey.  I think the music and the sound quality are both quite wonderful and that it’s a successful, purposeful production in that respect.  

But I don’t think that’s new information to many here.   I guess the word is out to music lovers about this record and it’s sold out and become hard to buy.  It’s really nice music but I think the production values have helped make it even more desirable. I think It’s a sound that most owners of good stereos are really excited by.   Am I wrong?
 @tomic601
”Vandersteen’s House” sounds like a good name for a bluegrass band.  

Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come

APJ 8456

w John Coltrane, Hank Mobley, Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb

lights down low.....
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once ( The Lost Album )

i love this, set free after all these years....
@slaw - Headed out of town for work for a couple of weeks. If I forget to reply about the Concrete Blonde and Rare Earth, hit me up again when I'm back posting.

I need to listen to both again to form an opinion. Was really tired the first time though and was half asleep.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill

Love starting with some jazz and leading to some other genre 
@jamesclarke The Benriach 16.

I should note that Bertold Brecht wrote the lyrics Kurt Weill the music to Alabama Song.

Here is the original (translated version) by Lotte Lenya: 
https://youtu.be/EGUjGPrfA6U

@noromance Good choice

I think I’ll open a Whiskey Bar
Going to name it Trouble

————————————-

Dream Theatre - “Black Clouds & Silver Linings”

I try to ignore the lyrics...

@jamesclarke,

Regarding "Half Mile Harvest"...…..you ain't wrong. I found it to be a wonderful sounding lp.
Right now, the Specials. Next, King Edwards Ska-Volution. Not sure what I will be in the mood for after that. Maybe some Jazz. . 
I’m reminiscing on musicals too old for me to have seen or heard live. Original pressing of Reprise Repertory Theatre. Sinatra, Crosby, Martin, Davis, Reynolds. Finian’s Rainbow, Guys and Dolls, Kiss Me Kate, South Pacific. 1960’s. They just don’t write ‘em or record ‘em like that. Call me corny,,,but I love ‘em!