Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601 : Will look into the Ruth Moody album. I don't know anything about her but she sings on Mark Knopfler's best solo album (IMHO), Tracker, and she does have a beautiful voice indeed.

Got Physical Graffiti on the TT right now. I bought the album new in about 1980 and it has all the clicks and pops to prove it. My favorite song on the album, and my favorite of all Zep songs, is In My Time of Dying. Even with the clicks and pops it still rocks. "It feels pretty good up here......."
Bill Evans  - Evans in England  - RSD release, EX+
Wes Montgomery  - Back on Indiana Avenue  - EX 

Simon & Garfunkel  - Parsley, Sage,  Rosemary and Thyme  - new Mofi release  - EX +++ absolutely phenomenal in every aspect 
6t5-gto
I am awaiting the new Bill Evans title on (CD).  Happy Listening!
@n80 the stuff ya learn, I had no idea Ruth sang on Tracker
i loaded it on server and promptly forgot about it...
spinning deluxe edition now with ones and zero!!!
nice, very nice

@slaw re: your cart.  been looking at some of the really interesting videos on YouTube put up by Peter Ledermann of Soundsmith.  Amazing products and an impressive guy.  
@big_greg.  How does the new Mercury Rev sound to you.   I really like those guys.  But it may not compare well if you knew the original.  I think my current favorite album is the latest by Harmony Rockets which as far as I can tell is the same as Mercury Rev with certain other guests.   
@big_greg. I meant to say the Bobby Gentry album that Mercury Rev remade recently.  
Nanci Griffith - Other Voices, Other Rooms

an angel come down to sing amidst the common.....ah
Peter Gabriel- Secret World Live..... disc 1

i sense a subwoofer workout .....
Beethoven Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 “Pastoral” - English Chamber Orchestra, Michael Tilson Thomas, Conductor 
@jamesclarke  The Mercury Rev album stands up really well on its own.  Definitely worth checking out.
Satchmo Plays King Oliver last night. Forgot just how good this is. 
Elton Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, first the best of my 2 MoFi copies, then the best of my 2 original issues. What happened? They all suck. At least now they do. Now that I'm used to how Elton sounds on my Hot Stampers. Where is the bass? Where is the slam? What happened to the dynamics? Why is it all congested, congealed, softened, rolled off and lifeless?? Learn from this guys. Don't fall for it. Don't even get started. The whole Hot Stamper thing is a one-way ticket to audio nirvana, er, I mean Hell.
More Casettes in garage today - Zeppelin on One Side and Billy Squier on flipside....

Led Zeppelin - Presence.

Bought this vinyl in about 1981. It is fairly clean because I never did like this album much and didn't play it often. Still don't like it all that much.
@big_greg & @slaw, yeah, I picked up The Delta Sweete at Music Millennium when it came out because I like Mercury Rev a lot (I had a little weekend place in the Catskills back when I lived in NY)  even though I was sort of scratching my head over the content.  I really like it.  Moreover, my wife likes it.   Atmospheric doesn’t begin to describe it.  I did make me wonder though what fans of the original would think.  
@slaw : I just discovered JJ Grey and Mofro today. Pretty good stuff. I need to dig deeper.

They will be playing at the Isle of Palms this summer and I'll have to decide if it is worth the trip down there. They're playing at a joint called the Wind Jammer. I used to hang out there a lot when I was in college. Hurricane Hugo destroyed the original bar which is a shame, it was a classic run down beach front bar back before Isle of Palms was such a tourist destination. The new place is pretty cool to.......but not the same.
Windjammer!!! Ya man

JJ is awesome
you might also like Robert Bradley’s Blackwater Suprise iF ya dig MoFro

i have Hippy Trigger aka Trigger Hippy s/t spinning
@tomic601 : "Windjammer!!! Ya man"

That place was so cool in the mid 1980's. Cheap beer. Beach and volley ball out front. Dogs and kids inside. Locals and us college kids. Decent hotdogs and bar food. Great local bands. We liked The Killer Whales. But our all time favorite was a cover band called The Spongetones. Best cover band in the history of the universe. They played some of our senior parties too. They'd start with Herman's Hermits and Paul Revere and the Raiders, move up through the Beetles, end up with Led Zep, Black Sabbath and Hendrix. What a band!

I think they are still around.
I only caught the-new place but it was fun
sounds like I missed the peak
miss SC, the casual beach groove and the food, omg the food....

JJ & Mofro - Lochloosa 
Closing out the day with

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring

rest in Peace Mark Hollis a creative genius 
@n80,

JJ Grey & Mofro are just a damn good/solid outfit. Never seen em' live but on TV they were more than enjoyable.
Have any of you fellows heard any of the latest JJ Cale releases on vinyl? It looks like there's 4 studio and 1 live on Because There's Music label.
Jan Hammer Group - "Oh Yeah?"

Jazz/Rock fusion from back in my high school days........
Well I've listened to "Grasshopper" @ least twice and Ryan Bingham "Live" again. I received some tweaks today and they are working as promised without break-in. Life is grand! So, on to something else in a few...……………..
OK.....put your hands on the front of your chair arms, crank up the fan that'll blow your hair back, crouch down in you chair.... are you ready?

Bush "Sixteen Stone"  OP
Eric Carmen - S/T

Side one is pretty solid, but there are some stinkers on side two. I think it's going into my "for trade" pile.....