Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Wow, There are so many responses so quickly that it is hard to keep up if you only jump to site in the evening. There are bunches that I would respond to though they are a ways back, I love Rosanne Cash's music and have seen her twice both time with her husband John Leventhal. And I have loved Love since the first time I heard their version of "My Little Red Book" on the radio when I was in middle school. And @tom601 Peter Tosh was one of the first reggae musicians I encountered as I widened my search after getting the opening lighter version of the first Wailers album on Island.
today so far
1. Promised Land - Dar Williams
2. Don't Stand Me Down - Dexy's Midnight Runners
3. On The Fly - Patrick Street.
Now leaving to see Dervish live at the Alberta Rose Theater. Later.

@oldbear

I saw Rosanne & John last year locally. They are wonderful!
…………......…...……......…...…..
Saw Jenny Lewis last night on Jimmy Kimmel. Loved the song she did to end the show. I think her new lp is set to arrive here today.
Jenny Lewis is often great,the Kasey Musgraves album is really fine as well!Dervish is a great band if you like Celtic music at all, now in their 30th year; anniversary is soon. Saw them last night in what is about a 200 seat old movie theater and the sound was excellent.
1. Triffids - the Peel Sessions -3 songs 45 rpm from May 1985
2. Golden Palominos -"Omaha" 12 in. single
3. Sugar Minott - Smile

"Song for Judy"  

The lps are flat. The songs are familiar to us all but maybe not as presented here. Mostly Neil solo, live. I'm really diggin' it. The jacket says from digital files. Don't let that scare you.
Tedeschi/Trucks Band "Signs"  if there is a current analog sounding recording, this is it!
@slaw

I like "Songs For Judy" but am really looking forward to further releases from Neil’s Archives.

Baggaridim - UB40
"American Band" is one hell of a record!

I've finally, successfully flattened, Shovels & Rope "Little Seeds" so I can confidently report in a little while....
My first Shovel & Rope lp was their S/T lp. I liked the music but the SQ was thin. In the mean time, I saw them (as the headliner) with Son Volt last year. I always thought that as strange.  Now, I found "Little Seeds" in a discount, so I pounced. 
Regarding SQ, the difference from their "S/T" lp is night and day. "Little Seeds" has a nice analog quality, warmth w/ soul. What a positive change.
Stevie Ray Vaughn  - Texas Flood  - My Mofi One Step arrived today, heavenly, the vocals are phenomenal, dead quiet vinyl, flat, all the things one would expect out of a silly expensive record 
@6t5-gto,

I passed on this title simply because my Pure Pleasure lp is probably THE best sounding rock lp I own. I'm happy with that.
Muddy Waters  - Folk Singer  - Analogue Productions 200g 33rpm,  outstanding in every way
@slaw that makes sense. If I had the AP 200g version I could have passed on it but this copy is Awesome, Lenny is a standout, not only one of his best songs but it sounds phenomenal and the staging has him in the room with you. I sure miss that guy, I likely saw him a dozen and a half times and even when he was struggling with demons he was always great 
How is that Classic PG you are spinning? Those records have gone crazy expensive 
@6t5-gto,

I rarely have played PG simply because it has always failed to meet my expectations ever since high school. Songs like "In The Light" were so inventive, even now, I can't think of anything similar. It is a great record by any measure.
Now, with the SoundSmith Sussurro MkII, it’s sounding very good. The last time I checked on an OP, it was $750.

Rabbithole for me....

read Rock and Roll Doctor by Mark Brend and have been using Tidal to listen to as much Lowell George producted and contribution work as needed to immerse myself....

great book, learned some stuff...

nite all
@big_greg. above mentioned book claims Lowell caught RLJ live at Topanga coffee house and helped get her signed at Warner Brothers...

Love her version of Show Biz Kids on 45 RPM.....
@tomic601 I had not heard that story, that's cool.  I almost pulled out It's Like This after I listened to RLJ, I love her version of Show Biz Kids.
Book of Dreams .... The Steve Miller Band.

Another $1bargain bin buy, truly amazing what a good clean can do for a record.

Love rescuing these neglected treasures!
Alvin Lee-Nineteen Ninety Four. Good ole rock and roll.
Came from Greece but worth the wait.

@uberwaltz. i find a solid scrub with an enzyme cleaner then a flush clean to be highly effective at rescuing older stuff....
( no affiliation but I use Nitty Gritty )
 @slaw better records has a PG hot stamper ( if inclined to believe in that sort of thing.. ) for a mere $299.....
Herbie Hancock - River the joni letters

at the fine points and moments, and there are many this is a stunning work of greatness amd the SQ is in your room good...

ah....
Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love
I bought the new box sets of her recordings, but wanted to play my old copies of her albums before hand to compare.
Like many people this one was my favorite for a long time.