Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Lionel Hampton and his Orchestra - “Lionel Hampton Apollo 
Hall Concert 1954”
Danny O’Keefe - “Breezy Stories”
 @reubent the Teskey Brothers..freaking brilliant recomendation......wow, holy S

Amazon back ordered but $12 delivered.....

ya man, 
1. Joe Higgs - Triumph on Alligator
2. Felt - Ignite The Seven Cannons the new pressing on Cherry Red
3. D.O.A, - Let’s Wreck The Party on Alternative Tentacles
4. Steady Nerves - Graham Parker early U.S. pressing
Getting old and though I love the music, sometimes my typing sucks! 70y/o in just a few months.
 @oldbear stick around we need ya
my typing sucks at 57
it might be the wine...in my case
Took my two dogs for a walk  and then a pre-agility class earlier. will have to see how long I last  on this spring night in Portland.
@tomic601 - Yep, The Teskey Brothers record is really good. Before it was released in the US, they had another album on their BandCamp site that has now been taken down. I liked the BandCamp album even better. Hopefully, with their new found success, that other album will be released as an actual record, not just a bandcamp stream/download. I really regret not spending the $7.99 and downloading the digital copy while I had the chance. Hopefully we see it released soon. 
Paul Simon "Rhythm of the Saints"
The Teskey Brothers "Half Mile Harvest"   thanks to @gosta  for turning us all onto them
Love "Forever Changes"  45th Anniversary/from original analog masters/Rhino/by Chris Bellman @ BG Mastering/stereo/ sounds really nice
  • Paul Butterfield Blues band  “East West”
  • Curved Air “Phantasmagoria”
  • Country Joe and the Fish “Electric Music for the Mind and Body”

Tom Petty "Live/Anthology" sides 1&2
As much as I love TP, and I still haven’t listened to all of Anthology, it just isn’t making me want more. (I’d give it an 8)
……………………...…………………………...
Ozark Mountain Daredevils "Don’t Look Down"  highly recommended/SQ=EX/ not hard to find at any record show
@tomic601 : Agree about the Teskey Brothers. They seem like the real deal. I think @slaw or maybe it was @gosta that turned me on to them. Would really like to see them live.  I've got the CD. It seems a little compressed but not bad. The vinyl album is not expensive at all. I might give it a try.

@slaw : I like Chris Isaak's Wicked Game album and the song Wicked Game is definitely in my top ten songs. Maybe top 5.

Right now: Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey. I think I like every song on the album.
@n80,

Found an original press of "TH" several years ago for around $8.00.@ a record show.
Great sounding record...BTW: The late Ronnie Montrose plays guitar on that lp.

Nothing about the The Teskey Brothers (lp) is compressed!!! Either your system/room or your cd is suppressed. 
Buddy named his dog Tupelo after that great work of art! I think fondly of both., sometimes all three.. ha

Spinning Little Feat - The Last Record Album OP

On the subject of Wicked Game, I bought my demo pair of Vandersteen 5a after jaw dropping demo at Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica featuring that song.....
always on my system setup short list.....
@slaw : I did not know that Montrose played on that album. Good info. I have an early pressing but paid $20. It sounds pretty good though.

"Nothing about the The Teskey Brothers (lp) is compressed!"

Excellent. At $11 its a steal then. As tomic601 mentioned it is on back order right now but hopefully that won’t last. I might even check my local record store. It will cost more but I like to support local business when I can.

@tomic601 ,

I don’t know how much you delved into Chris Isaak further, but, going forward, you will never be disappointed!
Not to break a tie, what I suspect you are hearing is the compression you get naturally by pushing the tube microphone preamps and the tape deck, which is NOT the same thing as modern CD’s with global compression applied.

you can clearly hear this on a few tracks near start of album
i streamed it on Tidal
will check analog LP when I get it

i thought intentional production when I heard it... I can and have got same effect with my Royer ribbons, Fern preamps into the Revox

while there is a bit of margin, when it’s gone it goes to €£¥%# in a hurry...

fun
Excellent article by Allison Gallagher in Industry Observer - The Teskey Brothers a DIY Success Story

” ...and getting that crunch, that analog distortion when you’re running hot into the tape machine”....

The Teskey Brother's album has not been tested on the DR database. The CD is definitely 'louder' than my older 'reference' CDs but less so than most contemporary CDs I have which is a good sign. Global compression on CDs seems ubiquitous these days. Vinyl seems to fare a lot better and sometimes HD Tracks as well. Not sure why CDs seem to get the raw deal.
@tomic601 : That is an excellent article indeed. It gives me a lot of hope for contemporary music.
@all,

I’m glad to rely on my system and hearing to report on lps.
.........…...…......…...
@n80,

I invited you to join a group of audiophiles on the "audio clubs" thread around 9 months ago. We aren't really that far apart. 
@slaw i owned Heart Shaped World at that time and enjoyed it on my DCM Time Windows... but I went off fan deep end after the 5a demo
i think in reviewing server here in CA, I have like 8 of his..

what is your #1 of his on Vinyl?
After listening to the Keith Richards interview earlier this week...…..

"Talk Is Cheap"  OP
@slaw : "I invited you to join a group of audiophiles on the "audio clubs" thread around 9 months ago. We aren't really that far apart."

I don't remember seeing that. Sorry, I must have missed it. Was that on a thread here on Audiogon?

@n80,

Invitation is still open my friend....

There is a list of threads on Audiogon…. the "audio clubs" is near the bottom. Having said that, I @n80  'd you
Slaw thanks, added to my Want list on Discogs

i shop local and global but I am thinking of claiming all my local record dives as dependents on my taxes..,,

Just finish spin 2 on Tedeschi Trucks - Signs

it IMO rewards a bit of volume... my fave song is Still Your Mind

getting pumped to see them live...
@slaw : I found the thread. I think the problem is that the '@' function here at Audiogon is kind of wonky and often does not work. It didn't work in the post above or in the post in the Audio Clubs forum.

Anyway, I am interested. 

I'll continue this conversation in the clubs forum.
@tomic601 ,

The "San Francisco Days" lp was most likely never released except upon the first pressing /EU. 
@n80,

Great! If you'd be so kind as to include @analysis in our ongoing emails.
@slaw seeing that..pretty steep in € with shipping, so put on wantlist...I as a recent convert back to Lp find that mint, NM- is my tolerance level...
Point Of Departure

Andrew Hill/Kenny Dorham/Eric Dolphy/Joe Henderson/Richard Davis/Anthony Williams

Blue Note reissue 84167