Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 and Typhon T2 Review

I will begin with the conclusion. If you are able to purchase this combo or an Everest, you need to. You have no idea what your system truly sounds like without these. I am skeptical of many audiophile claims and let my ears be the judge. In this case, these are the real deal.

These conditioners replaced my beloved Puritan Audio PSM 136. The sound quality of the Shunyata combo is easily 2-3x as good as the Puritans. The Puritan is no slouch in the price/performance category, but it can not hang with Shunyata, nor should it, considering the price difference!

Instruments are far more detailed and spatial, and the bass is extended and deep, along with the width of the soundstage. Vocals are eerily present in the room and crystal clear. A little of the system warmth disappeared but for the better. The background is entirely black (I never understood this term's meaning until I actually heard it). However, the most impressive attribute is the low-level listening detail. The bass performance is just stunning at a low level, a head-shaking experience.

If I were blind-testing my system before and after, I would 100% state that they are two different systems. These conditioners are that transformative. 

I have an Omega XC power cord coming, which is supposed to increase the performance to another level; I don't know if this is possible, but I guess I will soon see!

128x128jeffreyw

I would LOVE to see some actual technical measurements done on these power conditioners with test equipment and measurements made to indicate noise and EMI removed and a comparison done to several other brands and models. I'm sure people believe their equipment works but let's see some facts instead of opinions. Also, I would like to see measurements made of noise reductions that are actually beneficial to the Audio band. I have no doubts these work but without some comparisons and measurements between brands/models it's just not good enough to go by reviews and word of mouth about which ones are the best. How do you actually determine that the Shunyata combo is 2-3X better than the Puritan? Certainly, it should be better considering its costs compared to the Puritan. BTW you had the PSM-136 so didn't even have the top-of-the-line model. Thanks for this information.

@tomcy6 

Not sure if this is sincere of a dig? But yes, ridiculously expensive! In my 30 years of this hobby, nothing I have ever heard (speakers, cables, etc.) has ever made such an improvement in sound quality.

Post removed 

@jeffreyw It was sincere. I’m always glad to hear that someone got a nice boost in sound quality from an upgrade. I’ve got a Denali 6000 v1 that was a nice upgrade.

@willywonka Who’s going to do these large scale comparisons? I agree that it would be nice if someone did one, I don’t think you’re going to find it on Audiogon, though.

@tomcy6 Agreed it's problematic. I never said it would be easy. The smaller reviewers most likely have no test equipment to do the comparisons or resources to get all of the power conditioners and the big-name reviewers will never do it. I guess it will forever have to be on my dream wish list.

jeffreyw

Thank you for your assessment and review of Shunyata Power Products. I have been contemplating adding one to my system, although not a Denali/Typhon combo.

Happy Listening!

@tomcy6 

👍

No offense taken! Since you are familiar with the products, I think you can appreciate what I am hearing.

Thanks!