Oppo 103D streaming issues

I use my Oppo for DVD's of course, and also for streaming from Youtube. Lately I have had a problem with the video locking up while streaming. The only way to cure the problem is to turn it off and back on again. Naturally when I do that I lose my spot in the video I was watching. I know it's the Oppo because when I bypass it and use the browser built into my TV it works fine. Since the Oppo output goes to my 2 channel system, I prefer to use that over the TV. Any thoughts on what may be causing the problem? Hint: It's not my internet speed!
128x128falconquest
Is the Oppo connected to your router with a cable (cat 5)? Or are you using WI-FI access?

The Oppo likes it when you connect with a CAT 5 for best performance.
I would check and see if your on WI FI or ethernet....Cat 6?  dosent seem right though.
Did you try re-booting the unit, un plug the Oppo and press each button on the front panel to drain any stored capacitance. The see if it works better, sometimes all components with micro processing will need a full capacitance re-boot, or at least in my experience.
Also even if your TV works fine, I would unplug the modem and router and see if that makes a difference. Finally, if you have a spare Ethernet cable try it, it may be the culprit. But unless the cable gets moved in cleaning etc, I doubt it just failed and the fact that it makes a connection then doesn’t seems to be very low chance, in my opinion. Good luck, and if you have to send it to Oppo, please share that experience with us, now that they are out of the DVD player biz.
Just wanted to offer a quick update here. I believe I have found the resolution. I read on another forum that it is necessary to return to the factory default settings following a software update. I did that and now it seems to be working fine again. The unit will retain your internet connection settings when this is performed.
I’m curious.  Given the low resolution of You Tube sound, does it actually sound better coming through the 105 compared to the TV as a source?  Is your TV hooked up to your pre amp or are you using the TV speakers?
It's actually a 103D. I run the coax out to my DAC which feeds my pre-amp so I run it through my main system. The audio quality varies on Youtube. I was listening to an "audiophile" recording of music last night and it was actually pretty decent. Most of the audio is so-so however. My Oppo is only used for DVD video/audio. I use a separate CD transport for serious listening.
Make sure your Oppo is well ventilated, and that it isn't sitting right on top of a heat generating device! :)
Thanks erik,Yeah it's well ventilated with about 5" of space between it and the next shelf. I also have it perched on anti-vibration pads so it sits about an inch higher than the feet allow. It has plenty of ventilation. I also searched the issue on a home theater forum and many people stated that the software in the Oppo is quirky. There is a way to delete cached data. I performed that function and it seems to be working better now. I had thought I would just buy a decent 200 series unit thinking that I could update beyond the issues but apparently the firmware still has weird quirks. 
Here's an update: The problem still exists. Are there any alternatives to the Oppo for Blue Ray DVD playback and streaming?
Not sure if this helps, but I use the Roku for video streaming.

https://amzn.to/37nT8DR

which also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) available with modern sets. The apps/channels stay current and have the widest support.

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Anime, Sling, you name it.

I use the Oppo 103 strictly for BD and DVD playback, and have no issues there.
An update: I recently purchased a network switch which allows me to hard wire the Oppo as opposed to using wifi. I still have issues streaming Youtube. It always hesitates during any opening commercial and sometimes wil freeze up during a video. The only way to start it is to turn it off and start over. Netflix, Vudu and other services seem to be fine. Also, I have no problem streaming Youtube on my computer, just on the Oppo. Anyone else have this issue?