NY audio show 2022

This question addressed to audio folks-living close to NYC --- Are you going to audio show NYC September 9-10 , or you think is too small and decided to pass?

128x128bache

@bache Yes, your room sounded really good despite it being too small.  Not sure why you had one speaker with the grill on though — seemed very strange to me.  Spatial Audio and LTA room was another standout to me, along with GT Audio.  Although the show was relatively small and limited, what was there was very good and in a way was better than the bigger NYC shows because access to rooms, manufacturers, etc. was much better and more intimate.  Just glad to have an audio show back in NYC!!!

@soix Thanks . We set two grills on both speakers, i like more how is looks with grills, but one listener ask to show the drivers , and we leave one speakers open. i disagree with some statement that grills affect to sound.

All I know is that crime is rampant in many places in this country. I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. I could list hundreds. Your ignorance is hysterical,.

@robert53 That you can’t seem to wrap your head around the difference between the crimes reported on TV or the internet versus the actual crime RATE is as hysterical as it is sad.  You clearly see what you believe and lack the ability to think for yourself.  Live happily in your utter ignorance.  Me?  I’ll keep going to NYC and enjoying all it has to offer while you shelter in place and live in your own self-constructed and utterly irrational fear.  Enjoy yourself in your bunker of ignorance. 

i disagree with some statement that grills affect to sound.

@bache I’ll completely defer to you and your considerable expertise, but it really does fly in the face of logic that putting fabric in front of drivers doesn’t affect the sound, especially in the higher frequencies.  I know some manufacturers design their speakers to be used with grills, but they’re in the minority IME.  That said, I noticed no imbalance in the sound of your room, which sounded great BTW especially given the room you had to work with.  Definitely one of the better rooms I heard. 

Me, live a sheltered life? That's the funniest thing I have ever heard. I'm out every day in NYC. Don't tell fictional stories about people you don't know.

Sonner Audio also says that grills have zero effect on sound with their speakers. Q

@robert53 Doesn’t matter where you live.  You still can’t comprehend the difference between what’s reported on the news and the crime RATE.  Get a clue man.  It’s simple math and you clearly don’t get it at all. 

in my experience grilles do affect the sound of speakers, particularly in the treble amplitude and dispersion... to what degree depends on the specifics

If you go to a hoispital everyone is very sick. WINS does not report M<ary Smith took a packed subway at 2 AM and walked 8 blocks to arrive home safely- details to follow.

This was the first nyc audio show I have skipped

in a long time. The exhibitor list seemed small, unfortunately.

I hope we get some larger shows here in the future.

I ended up taking my GF to see Kinky Boots that night instead.

I’ll have to look for the Newsmax review of the show to 

read about how Broadway is destroying the family unit and pushing kids to be trans.