LSA Voyager Gan 350

Anybody have exper with this amp, LSA Voyager GAN 350, sold by Underwood?

donnrut

Do a search on the forums. There are several owners and a lot of information.

I have owned a modded version by EVS (the thread mentioned above talks about this adventure). It was better than stock and an excellent value. The clarity on the top was very good in stock and excellent after the mod. It was approaching the Benchmark AHB2 in terms of clarity, which not many amps do.

The LSA also can drive hard to drive speakers like my Thiel CS3.7. I found the bass on it not as strong as my CODA #8. Though it was very good and much better than my AHB2 on the CS3.7. The Voyager is slightly warm.

Overall, I think it is a really good amp and I likely would have kept it if I did not already have the CODA #8 which is paired with the CODA 07x preamp. I had bought the Voyager to use with my RAAL SR1a headphones, but it was not great with them and the CODA #8 also was not great with them (some fatigue).

The CODA #8 won out with my CS3.7's because of the stronger bass. I kept on searching for an amp for the SR1a.

There are several posters on here that love the Voyager. 

I hope not all A;gon forums go off topic so many posts.  I just want first hand user, like or did not like.  This is not Slate Salon or Psychology Today.  

Do a search on the forums. There are several owners and a lot of information.

+1

Hi Roxy and the others with real answers, thanks.  My post about forums going off topic was not you, it was about a B riley who wanted to blab about his views on how to shop.  I am facing the decision to buy a replacement for my beloved Aloia 15.01 that is a pure class A.  I had to sell it a few years ago.  Now should I go for another class A, or are the new D amps as good, and cost less to buy and less heat and lower utility bill.  I don't play music loud.  thanks to all 

@donnrut  If you like Class A and do not like the heat and cost, you should look into the new KRELL XD lineup. I already own the K-300i integrated amp which is an incredible integrated. I use it in my bedroom.

I just got a KELL 125XD amp that in lineage is my replacement for the Voyager. As I mentioned above the Voyager was not good with my SR1a headphones while the Class A Krell is the very best with them. I have tried a lot of amps with the SR1a. It is not an apples-to-apples comparison of headphones vs speakers, but I did go for Class A over the Voyager. The KRELL has more body, smoothness, and way more power on the bass. Now these are not always what I seek in an amp but in terms of matching the SR1a these were just what was needed.

The Voyager GAN to my ears mostly errs on the omission error side.  They are mostly deficient in bass slam.  Otherwise, they are really good.  I suspect after talking with Walter Leiderman that his subsequent offerings will address this issue.

I would think big banks of small low impedance caps in parallel with the current caps would improve the bass and dynamics a lot.  Here is an example of super bank for an amp:

Trouble is, these caps and others like it are in very low supply with long lead times.

LSA GAN 350 NEED improve their POWER wire into 13AWG to get better power, and don't use plated silver wire , put pure silver wire in signal will be better,

and Rectifier bridge need more AMP   

I just had to send mine back for a repair. The right channel just died. Not sure what the fix was but when I put it back in the system it did not sound the same. Might be it needs to burn in again to get back to where it was. 

I had to send a GaN equipped Amp back as it would not power up (not saying who's yet). They sent a replacement out immediately, sending old unit back hope to hear what the issue is. 

Still prefer the sound of my Bel Canto REF501S to other Class D in my collection.

I chose the Voyager GaN 350 to replace a Halo A21 that gave up the ghost after 16 years. The LSA is definitely a step up. It's just as powerful, has a more liquid and lifelike midrange and lots of tight, extended bass. Runs cool, and I had none of the QC issues that have been reported. FWIW, I'm using it with the ELAC Vela 403's and the Gustard X26 Pro DAC. Sounds incredibly detailed without any fatigue. I'm a happy camper!

I've had one for maybe 6+ months. No issues. Love it. I was using it with SVS powered subs, which I just sold. My room is ~ 21 x 35 x 12 peak open beam, lots of glass front and back, plus tile floors, though I have a thick 12 x 15 rug in front of the system, so not expecting great bass even if on the discs until I get new subs or new speakers

Underwood HiFi has a Christmas special new V is $2499, including $150 wire upgrade

i was interested in the lsa gan amp - but am completely turned off reading the many off-kilter posts. If it was predominantly jaymark i would probably be interested