LSA Voyager Gan 350

Anybody have exper with this amp, LSA Voyager GAN 350, sold by Underwood?

donnrut

Showing 2 responses by yyzsantabarbara

I have owned a modded version by EVS (the thread mentioned above talks about this adventure). It was better than stock and an excellent value. The clarity on the top was very good in stock and excellent after the mod. It was approaching the Benchmark AHB2 in terms of clarity, which not many amps do.

The LSA also can drive hard to drive speakers like my Thiel CS3.7. I found the bass on it not as strong as my CODA #8. Though it was very good and much better than my AHB2 on the CS3.7. The Voyager is slightly warm.

Overall, I think it is a really good amp and I likely would have kept it if I did not already have the CODA #8 which is paired with the CODA 07x preamp. I had bought the Voyager to use with my RAAL SR1a headphones, but it was not great with them and the CODA #8 also was not great with them (some fatigue).

The CODA #8 won out with my CS3.7's because of the stronger bass. I kept on searching for an amp for the SR1a.

There are several posters on here that love the Voyager. 

@donnrut  If you like Class A and do not like the heat and cost, you should look into the new KRELL XD lineup. I already own the K-300i integrated amp which is an incredible integrated. I use it in my bedroom.

I just got a KELL 125XD amp that in lineage is my replacement for the Voyager. As I mentioned above the Voyager was not good with my SR1a headphones while the Class A Krell is the very best with them. I have tried a lot of amps with the SR1a. It is not an apples-to-apples comparison of headphones vs speakers, but I did go for Class A over the Voyager. The KRELL has more body, smoothness, and way more power on the bass. Now these are not always what I seek in an amp but in terms of matching the SR1a these were just what was needed.