JVC TT101 QL 10 PLINTH ISSUES

I got my JVC TT101 fully sorted out by Wllkinsons in the UK.

Unfortunately when it was sent to me the morons that are USELESS PARCEL SERVICES broke the lid and the feet.

Now I am in a conundrum.

1. Is the QL10 plinth worth keeping?
2. If worth keeping do I run it stock?
3. Do I do any mods to the plinth - if so, what?
4. what feet should you get for the turntable?

thanks

lohanimal
The lid is useless anyway, and should be put aside. There are a myriad of choices for new feet, any of which might outperform the originals. (Did they really break all 4 feet? That’s quite a feat.) I use the QL10 plinth but I have added at least 20 lbs of mass by affixing pieces of solid aluminum here and there, mostly underneath. I also replaced the arm board with an aluminum replica, and I added another piece of alu under the arm board for vastly improved mass and rigidity. If I knew how to post photos here, I would do so.
I went ahead and built a new plinth for my TT-101 that addressed some of the weaker points of its predecessor a non OEM custom
job.
Including multiple arm boards and acccustic deadening.

I have posted some pictures in my system link.

You will laugh at this. The arm it came with is an audio technica at12 that was mounted 15mm too close from spindle to pivot - god knows how he aligned the cartridge... New arm board I guess.

The arm it came with is an audio technica at12 that was mounted 15mm too close from spindle to pivot - god knows how he aligned the cartridge

the usual turntable expert dog will have mounted it
If the stock Victor's plinth was as good as the Denon DK-300 plinth i would keep it, but as far as i know the stock plinth is not that good. 

The best feet are pneumatic Audio-Technica AT-616, so you can level your tt and isolate it on pneumatic insulators. These feet are universal, they don't have to be screwed in the plinth, just put them under your plinth (they can support from 10 to 60kg). 

These feet are universal, they don’t have to be screwed in the plinth, just put them under your plinth (they can support from 10 to 60kg).
pity that they are rare to find, and your sales are overly expensive; when I can advise the Isoacoustics, the cost is economically bearable and they extend many pounds.
I'm not familiar with that table, but have a JVC QL-Y66F.  When I first got it, the plinth was picking up all kinds of airborne vibration and I couldn't turn it up very loud without getting woofer pumping and distortion. 

If yours also has a large hollow plinth, this may be helpful.

I put a few pounds of plastic-clay inside the plinth, mostly around the edge, but also in any large empty spaces on the bottom of the board.

I found some feet here:

mnpctech.com

The ones that fit my table were the LARGE TECHNICS SL-1200MK DJ Turntable RISER ANTI-SKID Silver Aluminum Pedestal Feet

They are well made and look a lot better and seem to work much better than the springy stock feet.  I did both mods at once, so I can't say for sure which was more impactful.

Check the thready size on your table and see if they fit, if not, they have other sizes available.

Doing these things made a substantial difference in playback and sound quality.  I can play it at the loudest levels I listen at and it is currently my main table.  
By the way, I would blame the persons who packed the turntable, not UPS, for the damage.  If done right, the QL10 should have arrived in undamaged condition.  For one thing, I would not ship with the dust cover in place on top of the plinth; that puts stress on the cover every time the box is dropped or mishandled.  Likewise, the feet should not be in direct contact with the bottom of the box. The weight of the plinth should be borne by the solid structure of the plinth itself.  And finally, I would remove the motor from the plinth entirely, ship in two separate boxes, ideally.  Anyway, it's too late for that.  Mine came from California in fine shape (to me in Maryland).  Of course, it then took me 3 years to find a person who could repair the electronics of the TT101 itself. (I bought it in "broken" condition for a low price.)
lewm
I would blame the persons who packed the turntable, not UPS, for the damage.
How can you assess responsibility without inspecting the package? Even the most carefully packaged shipment can suffer damage that results from a carrier's negligence.
My friend - the seller packed it like an idiot in exactly the opposite way you said - but ups have their hand in it too - contributory negligence. All said and done it’s all good now after good TLC. The risk you take with someone that doesn’t know the value of what they are selling despite careful instructions by me.
My thought was incomplete.  When I pack a delicate object for UPS or Fedex, or any shipper, I consider how a frustrated gorilla, given free rein to do everything except open the box, might damage the object. I allow for dropping the box about 6 feet and for crushing the box under a few hundred pounds of freight.  I allow for throwing the box a few feet, as well.  After that, if the object arrives with damage, it's really been badly abused in transit. However, a first principle for shipping a turntable is to separate and isolate dust cover, platter, and chassis from each other, in separate boxes if necessary. If that wasn't done, I would bet that UPS won't accept blame.  Getting them to accept blame for damage is in and of itself nothing short of a miracle.  So, cleeds, in this case there is evidence that the packer is at least partially culpable.
@lohanimal 

it would not have been difficult to unscrew 3 screws after removing the platter and only send the motor so as to avoid damaging the plinth or the cover, which is also simple for a woman.
The repairer just had to adjust the engine.
 However, a first principle for shipping a turntable is to separate and isolate dust cover, platter, and chassis from each other, in separate boxes if necessary.

Correct!
I got my JVC TT101 fully sorted out by Wllkinsons in the UK.

Your drive is working now ? Do you know what was done?
And what is his service price ?
@chakster 
I will fish out the reciept - the main issues I had looked at were the electrolytics
I had the bearing checked, and got a silicone nitride ball and teflon thrust plate for it
Including my bits it was only about £300 UKP - but they have a serious backlog - I waited 2 years - that said I never chased them up whilst my house was being extended!

@best-groove and @lewm 

You guys have stated what the reasonable man would call the obvious - regrettably the seller was not aware of that - may explain the tonearm being mounted over 10mm too close - along with the great price

As I know from another thread - it can be risky buying vintage - hey ho - it's better than being too vintage oneself :) 
I've become vintage while listening to vintage turntables and other vintage gear.  It's a comfort.
I've become vintage while listening to vintage turntables and other vintage gear. It's a comfort.

idem  yippee ki yay