Why so many NAD d3020 amps out there?

Hi guys,

It seems like there are a ton of NAD D 3020 units on the second hand market for $250-$300. What's your feeling on it 3-4 years later. All hype? Nice but has limitations? A great buy for a simple system? How does the DAC compare to a stand-alone in the same price range?

very curious - very tempted to pick one up. 

leemaze
it was a great unit so sold a lot - then the fad moved to something else

snap them up for your budget system

I wonder if the DAC is better than the newer iFi...
I have one, I really like it! :) Retail prices are now $100 below original list.

It is a really nice integrated, with TONS of A and D inputs, though power is a little limited. I’m listening to one right now on my desktop. :)

Has an interesting amplifier section, called a "hybrid" but designed in cooperation with Hypex.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it if you like modern sounding amps and DAC’s.

If you must have something more juicy and colorful it won’t be for you. It is a _touch_ stark, but not limp.

I actually like the sound quality a lot more than I liked the Master’s series DAC. Call me crazy.

Best,

E
I had one . Only sold it because i bought some JBL 305 active monitors and did not need a amp . It was great . I ended up putting it with my big rig out of curiosity as a reviewer from stereophile stated it can hold its own with big speakers . I was shocked it drove my King Sound king electrostats ,to a certain volume . But it never distorted even at its volume limits . Just got louder ! Frequencies were perfectly blended to my ears . Big thumbs up !
Post removed