For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Spiritualized / Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

Spirit, Thanks for reminding me of this awesome album! 
@reubent She has such a great voice and the topical nature of her songs are just as relevant today as when she wrote them, if not more so.  And on top of that, it's a great sounding record.
Lunchtime listening - Patricia Barber - "Companion" - Premonition Records 2XLP
Talk Talk
The Colour of Spring

SQ very good.  Thanks for the recommendation @noromance.   
James all the Talk Talk catalog is well done, Hollis RIP was meticulous and had an ear
Talk Talk - Colour ( Reissued )

rode my R-90 from Seattle to Tucson to see a girl who turned me on to this album....
It’s saying something when a record by a group like this can make refrigerator-size speakers disappear with musicians floating around, up and down the room.   So cool.   I mean, not what one might expect from an 80s wasteland band that I along with others used to conflate with Duran Duran and the like.  So cool.  
Somebody really knew how to record piano music.  Sounds like I’m sitting at the piano listening to the strings being struck.  I wish some of my solo piano records were recorded this well.  
Christmas lights on all around the house and wider neighborhood grid drawing the nasty noise from the mains.   
Evenings like this could turn someone into an audiophile....
That sounds like a worthwhile ride Jim. I have a good friend our age who recently found a new girlfriend. Anyway, he’s been telling me about all these progressive rock bands she’s really into. She’s got all the classics, loves Genesis, Tull, et. al. But also has hundreds of records by bands I’ve barely or never heard of. So, there are some. Not mine, unfortunately.
I guess people used to think Hollis sounded too much like Brian Ferry (I never paid much attention) but I think he sound more like late-80s Winwood.
Hey does anyone have the Hollis solo album?  O/P going for north of $400.....  one of those records.  
Streaming it now.  
Yes neatly between Winwood and Ferry, although my recollection is she sold me with an Avalon reference....
Aw man James.... that solo disc is now on my want list in Discogs...

it is ethereal with a good DAC
I’m nearly through it and not holding back from weeping it’s so good. I can see why it’s so valuable (important and meaningful to people). First time I’ve ever heard this but having so many thoughts about how it fits into place and time and the progression of music I love. Kind of like Oregon kind of like Cat Stevens. Kind of Robert Wyatt and kind of Balmorhea. Great record.
Back to the record player:

Harmony Rockets
(with Peter Walker)
Lachesis • Clotho • Atropos
Tomkins Square 2018

Allan Holdsworth - "Metal Fatigue"

Again! Second time this week. I love this album. Heard it playing in a record store in Canton, Ohio sometime around 1985. Bought it on CD and have loved it ever since. Replaced the old CD with a nice used vinyl copy - April 2017.
Holdsworth is great.  Does amazing things on a guitar.   @reubent  did you ever check out the album he made with Soft Machine?   I think it’s “No. 7”.
In honor of Beethoven’s 250th birthday....

Karl Bohm / Weiner Philharmonic - Beethoven, 9 Symphonies box set. Deutsche Grammophon UK release 1972. Symphonies 1-3

George Szell / The Cleveland Orchestra - Beethoven, The Nine Symphonies box set. Columbia Masterworks 1974. Symphonies 3-6

Was going to finish with my Karajan set with 7-9, but not tonight.

Yes, I shall close it out w No. 6

after Spirit of Eden finishes up it’s own brilliance 
Beethoven Symphony No. 1
from the beautiful big blue box:
Berliner Philharmoniker - Symphonien 1–9
Simon Rattle Conducting
Berliner Philharmoniker Recordings 2017

@spiritofradio 

Simon Rattle Conducting
Berliner Philharmoniker Recordings 2017

I’m sure that is very nice indeed. The 1st is still one of my favorites.

Modest Mouse / Interstate 8 (Live)
I miss live music

Live music is better. Bumper stickers should be issued
-Neil Young