Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Melissa Etheridge "Never Enough" original UK pressing, sounds fantastic!
Hey Steve, it’s solo guitar (only) with maybe some very sparsely applied electronic or microphonic  effects - not certain. Sounds good. I’d say it’s very different from his more popular stuff but easy to listen to. Kinda nice on a Sunday morning.  I suppose one could either apply it to our type of focused listening or make it background for reading. Don’t know if you like solo instrumental records. It’s something I’ve loved for a long time but have had very few friends who like that kind of thing. In my collection I keep a whole shelf of solo piano and a whole shelf of solo guitar. Both in a wide range of genres. I guess I’m pretty strange in this way.
Anyway, more about the music on the record.  It’s good but he doesn’t really show off his skills the way I’ve heard him.  It doesn’t rock.  It’s more interesting in a musicologist way I think.   I think he’s trying to evoke certain directions in thought and emotions and memories maybe.   It sounds like things you almost know.  I think he’s a really good player, I’ve said before how underrated his lead playing is.  From this I think maybe he’s more of an intellectual than he’s let on to in the past.   Or maybe he has in the past and I missed it.  I miss a lot.   
John Haley Sims, Harry Sweets Edison ‎– Just Friends (Pablo 1980)

Chill tenor sax and trumpet with bass, drums and piano. Good recording.
Doc Evans ‎– At The Gas Light (Audiophole 1967)

Wonderful play on Dixieland jazz. Very good recording.
Zoot Sims ‎– Soprano Sax (Pablo 1976)

Thanks to @tomic601 for this. It sounds so much better today playing it for the second time. I put it down to the springs. Sounds a grade better. 
Alejandro Escovedo "The Crossing"

When I saw him at a local club, w/ Don Antonio, who co-wrote the lp, I was impressed with Don's band who opened the show. I bought his lp there. After listening to the lp, I was more impressed with the live performance.

Anyhow, this is a great lp!
Janis Ian ‎– Janis Ian (Verve Folkways 1967) 1 side

This is a poor recording. Historic interest only.
Janis Ian ‎– The Best Of Janis Ian (CBS 1980)

Bought this when it came out. Lot of wear but sounds pretty good.
@slaw So, funny story: I don't have BTL. The one I'm referring to above is her first album.
Edith Wilson With Little Brother Montgomery & The State Street Ramblers ‎– He May Be Your Man But He Comes To See Me Sometimes (Denmark 1976)

Love this. Knowing finger-waggin' blues drenched in jazz.
@slaw 
Steve, fantastic article on your MyMat.  Congratulations!  Well deserved.

I'll be contacting you soon.  I really must try this out on my system.
Esther Phillips ‎– Confessin' The Blues
(Atlantic Jazzlore 1987 RE [1976])
Joe Pass ‎– At The Montreux Jazz Festival 1975 (Pablo 1975)
1 side.

B1 starts with someone in the audience saying "shsssh." Solo jazz guitar. Good depth in the soundstage. Lots of coughing.
Carey Bell ‎– Last Night (Bluesway 1974)

Man, that's one clean & fast recording. Mississippi harmonica blues. Dude's rocking it.
@noromance glad you are enjoying the Zoot !

steve - congrats on a great review and short but informative interview. I really like the MyMat on the SOTA and I also greatly enjoy Bill and his writing - wonderful for you both !!!!

I too have several copies of that Janis Ian, suer natural recording and great songs
The Beatles - 20 Greatest Hits.  This one is a little on the worn side, will probably get binned.
@slaw Great to see that review Steve.  Congratulations!  Hope you see a good pickup. 
————————

@big_greg+++++++ on Tommy Bolin. 
Eddy and the Cruzers soundtrack.

Pickup a clean original pressing at Rat Hole in Riverside for 5$.  I had forgotten how outstanding this soundtrack is.  
@slaw  Congratulations Steve on the Vinyl Press review.

After a listening gap because of family matters, I managed a bit of listening.

Flaming Tunes- s/t
Peter Jeffries- “Last Ticket Home”
David Nance- “ More Than Enough”
Robert Fripp- “Exposure” (remastered version)
Tom Recchion- “Oaxaca Dawn/Bamboo”
Hey @slaw I'm late to the party here. Had a few minutes between jobs, saw the link to the review, and gave it a read. Congrats man. 

'My' MyMat is still in use on my SOTA, and I have no plans to replace or remove it. It works and it does what you wanted it to do, and I like the presentation it offers......without a clamp ;-). That was a tough one for me to get used to, but it does bring out the best in 'YourMat'.   
Sleep " The Sciences"
Dire Straits " Communique"
Pink Floyd " Final Cut"
Neil Young " On the Beach"
 breaking in new ( to me) DBX amp and Hafler DH-101 preamp.....wow