Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Vaclav Neumann conducts Martinu Symphony No 2 & 6. Czech Philharmonic. Supraphon 1991 (?) Czech pressing.
Art Pepper Meets Rhythm Section - Big_Greg - I like me some Boz Scaggs too - nice choice!  
Finzi
Concerto for Clarinet & Strings
Grand Fantasia and Toccata
for Piano & Strings
Eclogue for Piano & Strings
John Denman • Peter Katin
New Philharmonia Orchestra
c. by Vernon Handley

Lyrita Recorded Edition 1977
(British Pressing)

M-/M- off Discogs from England

Both Piano and Orchestra sound fantastic on this issue of some of my favorite music.  
Keely Smith ‎– I Wish You Love (Capitol 1959 mono)

Never heard of her before. Irish-Indian. Nice smokey voice and fine recording. 
Norman Greenbaum With Dr. West's Medicine Show And Junk Band - S/T (Gregar 1969)

Love this. Not "Spirit in the Sky" but an eclectic country folk skiffle blend. 
True story: War Dept. Preempt the soldering lessons with nephews because they saw a baking soda, vinegar and dish soap experiment on U Tube they wanted to replicate. War Dept supervising...They each have a plastic cup of white vinegar and pour away.... nothing, zip nada...so War Dept adds more “ vinegar “, again nothing... I rotate “ vinegar “ jug to check and lo and behold it’s my record cleaning fluid... the cleaning lady has also been using it on the floor... argh....
And Steve, no way am I getting a deep fat fryer Vibrato unless I can lock it up !!!
Tomic to really give those kids a volcano thrill, skip the vinegar and baking soda and go right for the potassium permanganate and glycerin. Probably ought to have a gas mask handy though I believe the fumes are toxic. Just about burned my dad’s  workshop down with it when I was a kid. Yup, more than once. Got an A on a fifth grade science project and sent to the principals office for the same stunt
Jay McShann Featuring Claude Williams ‎– The Man From Muskogee (Sackville 1973)
Chemical fun. In middle school, a lax science teacher never locked the cabinets. KClO₃ and sugar fireworks.

Kid Ory's Creole Jazz Band - S/T (Good Time Jazz 1955 mono)
Guarneri Quartet
Mozart
Six Quartets Dedicated to Haydn
Vol. 2
RCA Red Seal 1974

M/M Ex/Ex/Ex $3.00 LRS (no sales tax) 
Given the housekeeper and War Dept lack of process control, I think we will stay away from stronger stuff...
Shelby Lynne- Just a Little Lovin ( 45 rpm APP ) stellar sonics as to be expected....
Saint-Saëns  
Philippe Entremont, Piano
Michel Plasson, Conductor 
L’Orchestre du Capitole de Toulouse
Columbia Masterworks  1979

Must have been channeling @spiritofradio Have been listening to Saint-Saens as well.

Saint-Saens Symphony #1&2. Jean Martinon conducting Orchestre National de la RTF. Angel, 1973

Saint-Saens Symphony #3. Roberto Benzi conducts The Hague Philharmonic Orchestra. VOX, date unknown, but thinking early/mid 60’s.
Bela Bartok - Die 6 Streichquartette (The String Quartets). Tokyo String Quartet. 3LP box set. Deutsche Grammophon 1981 German pressing.

Oh crap, this is absolutely freakin excellent. One of my very recent pick-ups.
@bkeske Bartok String Quartets are great.  And, something about string quartets and analogue...
@spiritofradio 

@bkeske Bartok String Quartets are great.  And, something about string quartets and analogue...

Yep James, I have some others, but this set/version by the Tokyo Quartet is really well recorded and performed. Per the sale history on Discogs, I got this from eBay for a pretty good deal. The LP's are practically unplayed as an old radio station copy.

Recommended set. 
Mayo Muir ‎– The Magic Of Mayo Muir (20th Century Fox 1965 mono)

What a time of innocence. Lovely. Sounds great.. Some sibilance in the cut unfortunately.  
Post removed 
Finzi
Concerto for Clarinet & Strings
Grand Fantasia and Toccata
for Piano & Strings
Eclogue for Piano & Strings
John Denman • Peter Katin
New Philharmonia Orchestra
c. by Vernon Handley

Lyrita Recorded Edition 1977
(British Pressing)
Tom Paley & Peggy Seeger - S/T (Elektra 1965)

History on this Veterans' Day. American folk songs. Love these old recordings with black backgrounds free of transistor and digital hash.
Joe Turner ‎– The Boss Of The Blues Sings Kansas City Jazz (Atlantic 1956 mono)

Does not get much better than this.
Duster Bennett ‎– Justa Duster (Blue Horizon 1969)

Harmonica, guitar, and drums one man band style post-skiffle bluesman from UK. Love it.
Toto - IV. Not something I would normally be into, but ever since Weezer did a cover of Africa I've been curious. This is a nice Japanese pressing and actually sounds very good.
Jim, I just put my clearaudio virtuoso wood back on my SL 1200 MK 2. The Genesis record was a nice promo copy, sounded great! 
Toto IV, I have a perfect copy and pulled it out for listening later today. 
Thanks for the good idea.

Bonnie Pointer, S/T
The Pointer Sisters, 'Energy'  Really great vocals and a great recording.
Manfred Mann, 'Watch'
The Doobie Brothers, 'Livin' On The Fault Line'  Awesome recording!

Good story here.  I worked for Alpine Electronics from 1983 until retirement in 2018.  Back in the 80s we threw around a lot of money, promoting and further building the brand.  Note; back then Alpine was also the North American Distributor for Luxman.  Building the brand included annual bad-ass National Business Meetings for our dealers and sales reps, were for 5 days, and included great business seminars and killer parties.  Always at an extravagant location (Ixtapa, Hawaii, etc.).  Total headcount was typically around 1,000 people.  One of our big bashes was at the Opryland Hotel, Nashville TN.  The final night party included a private concert featuring The Pointer Sisters.  I was fortunate to be about 20 feet from the stage.  I was thinking about that yesterday so I pulled out my albums of Bonnie Pointer S/T and the only Pointer Sisters album I have, Energy.  Great memories...
Great memories indeed @Mammothguy54

I put an Alpine car stereo and speakers in my 63 Dodge Dart.  Played the soundtrack of my life on cassette.  Cost more than the car.  Same company?
Yep, I was a big Alpine guy for years, still have my Alpine CD head unit and amp in my old F 150.

Still gotta mount my open box Zephyr MIMC * ES.