Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I tried putting on REM Monster Movies on new vinyl.  It’s unlistenable.  Absolutely horrible recording.  I saw my OP of “Bad Company” that I hadn’t heard in a while.  What a great album - well recorded, well played, great songs.  
Don’t buy “Monster Movies” by REM.  It’s like the worst bootleg you’ve ever heard. 
13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds Of The 13th Floor. Radar Records reissue 1978
@tomic601 

Streaming the archive release of Joni - her voice is so clear

I have the European CD box set of her studio albums 1968-1979. If that is what you are referring to, it’s a great set, and I enjoy it quite a bit. Unaware how much remastering they did to each, but they all sound fantastic.

Brian this is the new release just out, archive stuff pre studio albums

the Crow on the Cradle is stupendous 
Minty Nektar 'Remember the Future' I just picked up.  A little light on the highs/cymbals but still sounds great
The Seeds - Falling Off the Edge. GNP reissue 1977. 

This may have been a collection of music from their albums in the 60’s.
@tomic601 

Brian this is the new release just out, archive stuff pre studio albums

Interesting. I’ll check it out.
@pkatsuleas 

+1 on Remember the Future.  Love that album.  Unique sonic signature included. 
Post removed 
In my morning reading a rather lengthy RS article on Doobie Brothers, I learned some stuff...

i have a vivid memory of listening to Takin it to the Streets on M-105 FM out of Cleveburg ... I think it was Sunday nites they would play a featured album in entirety... 
@tomic601 

Cleveburg ... I think it was Sunday nites they would play a featured album in entirety...

WMMS baby
Szell conducts Debussy - La Mer & Ravel - Daphnis et Chloe: Suite #2, Pavane Pour Une Infante. Cleveland Orchestra. Odyssey reissue 1973, original 1963
Reiner conducts Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Scheherazade. Chicago Symphony. RCA Victor Living Stereo 1960
Zubin Mehta conducts Bruckner’s 9th. Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. London 1965

Not a Bruckner fan, but keep an open mind.....and keep trying.
The Buzzard ! Yes but M105 had a wider playlist, the MX-110 got both with equal clarity from 60 miles out
M105 and MMS eventually became sister stations. But you are correct, M105 did play full albums. MMS did too, eventually.

ahhhh...back when FM radio was a big deal. Cruising in a van, getting high, listening to WMMS. The Buzzard reigned supreme by most in Cleveland.
A. had only seen the sights
a girl could see from Shaker Heights...

truthfully, she was far more sophisticated than that, Princeton grad, fluent in French, hand model, radio voice over talent, law review, etc. I missed a good one there but have fond memories of visits to her childhood home in SH where her nice folks still lived.  We didn’t listen to FM but fooled around on her parents piano...
I admired the architecture.  Met a lot of really nice folks from there over the years too.  I remember one trip there when I flew to Cleveland in the dead of winter direct from San Juan.  Man oh man it’s harsh.  Maybe why the folks learn to be so nice to each other.  
Yep, being in the architecture biz, there isn’t a lot to dislike about Shaker Heights. 

But, getting older, the winters are not getting easier ;-)
Yes for sure MMS reigned supreme. For some reason our rooftop antenna could not pull in WIOT which was Toledo and had a much more punk, new wave college radio bent..

my cousin’s lived in Rocky River so we visited there... nice big houses
Andre Previn conducts Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 1 & Poulenc Concerto for Two Pianos. New York Philharmonic. Columbia Masterworks 1962.

Wonderful LP.
The Haydn String Quartets Op. 3 & The Seven Last Words, Vol. 8 box set. The Aeolian Quartet. London 1979.
James there must be a good rock lyric there

scaling her shaker heights
side by side
tickling her keys
pushing those pedals
with trembling knees...
Very nice Jim. 

hey Brian, I’ve also been listening to Shostakovich No 1 - quite a bit lately - in heavy rotation as they say.  Will try to get that recording. 
—————————-

Best of Old Crow Medicine Show

@spiritofradio

hey Brian, I’ve also been listening to Shostakovich No 1 - quite a bit lately - in heavy rotation as they say

I made a mistake posting that James. It was actually conducted by Bernstein, Previn played the piano in the Piano Concerto #1.

A really great recording given when it was recorded.

it has a mostly white background abstract painting on the cover. Well worth looking for IMO.  Columbia MS 6392.
I have about 25 classical albums that I need to clean and listen to.  I need to get more, as well.  I also need to pay attention to Brian's listings and take notes.  I need to expand my collection.
Nevertheless, over the past couple of days/evenings...

Dave Mason, 'Head Keeper' and 'Dave Mason & Cass Elliot' and 'Let It Flow'.  Very nice albums.
Paul McCartney 'McCartney II'
Mark Almond 'To The Heart'  I have all 3 of their albums.  John Mark and Johnny Almond played with John Mayall and are on the album 'Turning Point'.  I saw that concert at the Anaheim Convention Center, about 3 months after the album was released.  John Mayall was the middle of 3 bands.  The headliner of that concert was Spirit.  Wonderful memories!
'It's A Beautiful Day' S/T My copy is an original pressing, in perfect condition!  It really sounded quite good.  Very Hippie-esque, and some bad-ass bass.
Yes 'The Yes Album' Also an original copy from right after it was released, in perfect condition. 
Awesome music!

Great stack there @Mammothguy54!  Dave Mason is popular with quite a few members here and he is sure one of my favorites.  I’ve seen him live a few times in very different phases modes and settings. I have 2 Spirit records and love them.  Never got to see them live though, a little before my time I guess.  
——————————
Darlingside
Extralife 
Amazing Rhythm Aces. Their first album.
Emmy Lou Harris “Wrecking Ball”
First Import pressing from France.
War “The World is a Getto
“Count Basie at the Sands (before Frank)”
“Pastoral Symphony” conductor Bruno Walter
Mike B in MN

For me it is:
Van Morrison: Moondance.  I remember buying this one in the 1970's probably about 18 months after it was released.  I've taken great care of it and it is one of my best recordings.
Mama Thornton: In Europe.  One of my favorites - many fine blues artists including Buddy Guy and Walter Horton.
Crosby,Stills and Nash. eponomous.  I could listen to these guys harmonize all day long!!!
John Mayall. Jazz Blues Fusion.  Recordings of him on stage showing he is more than just a blues musician - incredible!!!
@lewkor 

John Mayall. Jazz Blues Fusion. Recordings of him on stage showing he is more than just a blues musician - incredible!!!

One of my all-time favorite albums.

welcome
Darlingside
Pilot Machines
Self Released Double 45

Backing vocals by Caitlin Canty
Just received a large batch of ‘new’ LP’s today. Long day, worked late, but finally having a chance to relax.....and listen.

Vaclav Neumann conducts Martinu Symphony No 1 & Inventions. Czech Philharmonic. Supraphon 1978 Czech pressing.