Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Boomtown, Wow, I had listened to that about a year ago - digital version and revisited it this morning.  Agree that it captured the time Jim, maybe in a similar way an early Springsteen record might have. I think it also sounds of it’s time.
Greg, Do you have the mofi Legend? Seems like they don’t go for too much. What’s a good replacement issue?  This one I have is showing too much evidence of life in college dorms.  
I don't have the MOFI version. This was one of a batch of "NM-" records from a seller with 100% positive rating on Discogs. So far, they are more like VG. Disappointing. 
Bummer.  Sorry to hear it Greg.  Seems like maybe Discogs is averaging down lately.  I used to get more nice surprises than I do lately.  
Barber, Bartók, Britten, Respighi
Music For Strings
I Musici
Festivo Series
Philips 1961 (1979 Reissue)

Beautiful
@spiritofradio It's frustrating.  This guy had a lot of "item as described" comments in his feedback and no neutral or negative feedback.  A lot of sellers will offer a return or partial refund, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't have the NM- record I really wanted. 

I was looking for a nice copy of A.R.S. A Rock and Roll Alternative and found a few other things that looked good and reasonably priced so I ordered about 6 records.  The A.R.S. might be VG+, but was pretty noisy in spots.  Definitely not NM-.

I only paid 5 bucks for the Poco album, so it's not a huge loss.  At your suggestion, I found a reasonably priced MFSL and ordered that.  Hopefully it's graded accurately, LOL.
I so often get ideas from this thread about what to play next (providing it is in my collection).  So for today I just pulled out Poco "Legend" and Robert Plant "Shakin N Stirred".  My Poco copy is a MFSL that I have owned since it was first released and is in perfect condition.  My Robert Plant copy I bought when it was first released back in 1985 and is also in perfect condition.  I'll clean them today and listen to both.
Thanks for the great suggestions.  Should be a nice listening session.
@mammothguy54 

I feel the same about the thread. 
Legend is such good country rock.  Maybe a guilty pleasure but I love it.  I saw what was left of Poco on tour a few years ago at a small venue in San Francisco, The Great American Music Hall, and it was a really fun evening.  
I like Plant’s early solo albums too.  Far as I know he didn’t steal any of the music....
Julie Andrews 
The Lass with the Delicate Air
RCA Victor 1957

‘This Is an RCA Victor "New Orthophonic" High Fidelity Recording. ‘ 

purchased this on inspiration from @noromance .  Something about a breath of fresh spring air through an open English Cottage Garden window.  

Circa Survive  
The Amulet  
Hopeless Records 2018

Great record - don’t know if any of the regulars here are into Circa Survive and/or Anthony Green’s other work - but I think this might be the coolest single-LP packaging I’ve ever seen.
Never heard of Circa Survive, James, but I’m starting to audition some. Thanks!

I was auditioning "Descensus" by CS and kind of reminded me of Steven Wilson. Started looking for my "Home Invasion" box set and couldn't find it. Drove me nuts for several minutes. How anyone could misfile a box set..... well, I did.

Steven Wilson "Home Invasion" In Concert at The Royal Albert Hall"
Yes, plenty of inspiration and knowledge in this thread :-) always inspiring 
A filing system sure helps people like me..........well most of the time.
Little Willie Littlefield ‎– It’s Midnight [1949-57] (Route 66 1979 mono)
John Cale ‎– The Academy In Peril [1972] (Edsel 1986 RE)

Always a favorite. Not sure why. It's weird in an Andy Warhol way. Excellent recording will show off your rig. "The Philosopher" is stunning.
James Taylor - Flag ( MoFi Gain 2 # 240 of ? ), very nice pressing and sonics so far....
It’s usually 3 to 5 thousand Jim. For as long as it's been available, you got a low number.
@noromance Ha! I actually did. A nice experience all around. She sounds so young on that record. Just beautiful.
————————

Berliner Philharmoniker   Sir Simon Rattle
Mitsuko Uchida
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 1

Digital, on the headphone amp. (Grey’s Anatomy watching the debate in the room with the good speakers...). This music probably tops my list of wish they had accommodated a vinyl issue.

Sublime.
Ok, so we now have ' grey's anatomy, and war department'. Looking forward to what's next.
bereft of ideas and tired, so crashing...see y’all Friday...cable r good....
@slaw  - Delta Time! Just got the 180gram LP last week - gonna wear it out in a week if I'm not careful.
@slaw 

Just saw your post from last week.  Thanks for the good wishes. Surgery went very well.  Minimal pain. Follow up with doc yesterday and I can start PT the week of 11/2.  Still need to wear sling for a couple more weeks but I think I can safely play vinyl once the new preamp arrives.

Continually educated and entertained with this thread. Best to all!  
@nicks25, Glad you’re on the mend.
—————————
Yann Tiersen
Portrait
Mute 2019

Regardless of how you might feel about this music, you must hold admiration for this composer and performer’s commitment to the analogue reproduction of music. He has said that he feels misunderstood - on a number of levels (I can relate) so, he took great effort to go back and re-recorded highlights from his work over many years with many friends, in an all-analogue production. It sounds, as the millennials say, amazing, and I feel the music is unique and quite wonderful if I’m in the right mood.  I especially enjoy the solo piano stuff.
@nicks25   Great to hear that your surgery went well.  Stick to the PT and all will be good.  Based on my multiple injuries, surgeries and PT, I highly recommend doing 24 PT sessions.  Three time per week, for 8 weeks.
Best to you!

Jefferson Airplane, 'Surrealistic Pillow' 45 RPM MoFi, Mono.  Excellent!
Jethro Tull, 'Aqualung'  Turns out that my Steven Wilson remix/remaster sounds great on the new speakers.  I cancelled my backorder of the UHQR.
Robert Plant, 'Shakin N Stirred' sounded great.  Really good music, very well recorded and pressed, bad-ass bass.
Poco, 'Legend'  Very good music.  MoFi provided great quiet vinyl but they EQd the top end too bright, especially on guitar strings and also a bump on the vocals.  And my new speakers are very neutral on the top end, it's not my system, it's MoFi.  MoFi does that too often, darn it all...

@mammothguy54 ,  had been wondering about that Mofi “Legend”, why the asking seems quite low relative to other Mofi issues.  Thanks for letting us know your impressions.  We’ll see what @big_greg thinks too after he gets his copy.  My old copy is still begging for replacement.  
I think tonight is shaping up to be a serious Jethro Tull fest.  I haven’t yet opened my new RSD Tull Stormwatch supplement So plan on that and Aqualung and probably Benefit.   See you on the flip side...

My Poco Legend just shipped today, I should have it later next week.  I'll post my impressions after I get it. 
My weekly installment of...."I got these in this week":

13th Floor Elevators "Live" International Artists/IALP #8/stereo. Was advertised as 2nd pressing. M-
Kim Richey "Rise" (sealed) New West. very hard to find
The Nude Party "Midnight Manor"  New West/2020
Ordered 30x /60x LED jewelers loup to aid in cartridge set-up......old eyes you know............
Finished up the Steven Wilson box. For those of you who are fans, I'd say this is a must. My copy is quiet, flat, and SQ is great! I believe it is very fairly priced as well.
The Music of Arnold Schoenberg, Volume I. Robert Craft conducting; The Washington Opera Society, The CBS Symphony, The Columbia Chamber Ensemble, & The Columbia Symphony Orchestra and Chorus. Columbia Masterworks, 2 LP box set, reissue from the early-mid 70’s, originally 1962.
The Nude Party was enjoyable for content, the SQ was in the 7 to 8.5 star range.
@slaw Steve, I think New West records is a terrific little company. They issue for a bunch of artists that I like and I’ve found on their new records that the production is typically quite good.
Steven Wilson’s influence might easily be underestimated. I’ve heard that Porcupine Tree is important to a lot of modern musicians and I think his production skills have even indirect effect of other’s music. Case in point lately, my brother thinks that one cut on the latest Pat Metheny record sounds just like SW’s recent work.
—————————-

Elgar
Cello Concerto/Enigma Variations
Jacqueline du Pré - Daniel Barenboim
Philadelphia Orchestra/London Philharmonic Orchestra
CBS Records 1976

The du Pré Cello performance was recorded live in 1970. It is incredible and beautiful. Even if you’re not a big fan of orchestral music you should still try this. Very moving.

@spiritofradio 
Elgar
Cello Concerto/Enigma Variations 
Jacqueline du Pré - Daniel Barenboim 

+1 A highly rated album that I do not own. Will add it to my wish list.

- will be watching Barenboim live with the Berlin Philharmonic tomorrow, conducting Smetana’s “Ma vlast” 

Brian.  I may sign up for a trial so I can catch that.  I have a Ma Vlast On direct to disc.  Love that music.