Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Looking through my “to play” pile I find three more Mac albums.
Live, Mirage and Mystery to Me.
Did not realize I even had them cleaned...... no comments Greg.
Just the mere mentor Curley maple makes me swoon...

The Who is yours uber on the next full box headed East
You da man Jim.
Many Many thanks brother.

My first serious Aria guitar had a figured Curly Maple top.
It played very nicely but looked even better.
So my Dad, jack of many trades went off the deep end into custom muzzle loaders... at one time half the basement ( 40’x40’ )
was racked up slabs of curly.... of course in due time..  a nice chunk will make it’s way into something.....
Well I zipped thru Rust Never Sleeps a seminal and watershed album in my development....
Remembering now, Steve Guttenberg was playing the DVD not cd of "Road Rock". This is so far such an enjoyable performance, not because of perfect SQ but because of the performance itself and the energy a listener at home can feel. Turn it up!
Since I am mentally in that era, in particular of a memory of mischief, Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach

nobody keeping book but the dog beyond the bridge but Mountain Jam is on that wake list... 
Her who must be obeyed informed me she has a headache and going to bed.
Translation..... Turn it down!!!!!!
Feel the need for some volume so switched to headphones.
Actually never played a record before wearing cans, afraid I’m likely to trip over the cable when I get up and impale myself on the tonearm or similar.

Lets Dance ..... David Bowie.
Noromance.
I picked After the Gold Rush up, then put it back down in favour of a bit of Bowie.
Can’t afford a Stax setup Tomic.......
😇

This Beyerdynamic rig is working out pretty well though
I haven't played a record through headphones in decades. Last time was 'Janis Ian - Stars' on a Technics. It wasn't exactly mint and the background noise was holophonic. Very irritating. 
My first headphone experience in the mid 70s was Manfred Mann "Roaring Silence". Wasn't an audiophile then but God! I was again hooked on music!
One great thing about headphones, you never have to worry about woofer pumping! 
Uber, Bowie's good.

Station To Station (RCA 1976)

Love his version of Wild is the Wind.
Greg - try that with an LP-12, cheap old Ohio frame house could puke the drivers of Signet headphones out with a tiptoe..... ask me how I know....

long live SOTA 
Nite all.... signing out wishing I could play bass like Barry Oakley at his peak.... dude was fine... mighty fine
I just busted out my K812s. Sounds great, but not as good as my speakers, and I miss my subwoofers.
Paul Simon - Graceland. WB 1986

Pulled this out about 3-4 weeks ago, had not listened to it for years. Figured I would give it a spin on the SOTA, and sounds fantastic in terms of SQ. After Blond on Blond, which can be cringe worthy at times, I needed a well recorded and engineered selection.
After listening to Road Rock Vol 1, I think I’m gonna search out Vol 2. My lp has really increased in value.

No V 2 on Discogs
Sly & The Family Stone "Live @ The Fillmore East"  RDS/select cuts from 1968/dbl lp
Messed with a slight increase in VTA, sounds fine.

I'm signing off as well. Gonna rain here all day tomorrow so will be a fine listening day.
Jon Fogerty - Blue Moon Swamp

What a great album.  Classic CCR/Fogerty, excellent recording.  Still rockin' strong in his 70s!  ....seriously, he was good as ever on this album, and on tour last summer.
Fell asleep....lol.
Woke up to find power out.
23000 homes without power here so fairly major problem.
To get back to headphones.... Actually pretty decent but NO substitute for the Spatial OB speakers. Where da bass!!
@noromance 

@bkeske Saw Paul Simon perform Graceland in London. Astonishing.

Yea, not the biggest fan, but remember when that album came out, the accolades it received, and had to get it. It is a real treat sonically and musically. Just sounds wonderful. I'm sure that performance live would have been outstanding as well.
Chris Cornell (RIP).....what a voice!!!!!

Bettye LaVette "The 1972 Muscle Shoals Sessions" ROG
@bkeske try the 25th Anniversary Edition release of Graceland.  The SQ is incredible, way over the top.  Sit in the sweet spot and your jaw will be on the floor.  Mine was the first time I played it a few months ago.  Awesome addition to my collection, I can't recommend it enough.
Own that one @mammothguy54
BTW, what did you think of the Springfield box?
@slaw  is your Graceland, 25th the RSD issue?   Either way, which pressing do you prefer.  I have the OP and love it but could maybe upgrade.  Thanks.  
Ron Miles
I Am A Man
2017 Yellowbird

...with Bill Frisell, Jason Moran, Brian Blade, and Thomas Morgan.  

@spiritofradio,

My RSD/25th is the only version I own. I will say that I own quite a few PS pp lps and the remasters by Sony/Legacy are great!