Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Total haul of 31 new albums netted from this trip to Matthews....lol.
Home late tomorrow and start on US cleaning of them Sat morning along with knocking items off the honey dew list of course.
At least once they are in the cleaner there is 30 minutes to do other tasks.

Looking forward to spinning a few records Sat evening with a glass of well deserved Baileys!
Karajan conducts Beethoven. The 9 Symphonies box set. Berliner Philharmonic. Symphonies 1-4. Deutsche Grammophon, German pressing, 1975
@johnposh,

Welcome. I cleaned my copy of Eva Cassidy "Songbird" on SAP last weekend but didn’t get around to playing it.
Got these in this week:

Fleetwood Mac "1969 - 1972" box/2013/re-mastered by Chris Bellman from the master tapes. Includes:
"Then Play On" includes a 7" "Oh Well" Part 1 & 2
"KIln House"
"Future Games"
"Bare Trees"

Kennelmus "Folkstone Prism"  Modern Harmonic/1st time since 1971

"Songbird" is such a great lp. My copy is on S&P (Steve Hoffman mastered), not SAP.
I also have Joni Mitchel 'Court & Spark'  on Nautilus.  I listened to it just a few weeks ago.  Sounds great!  I have always loved that album since it first released and still have my original copy, too.  I have her album 'Blue' on order.  I understand that remastered version is superbly done.  Looking forward to receiving it.  Joni is excellent!
Up now, the aforementioned Fleetwood Mac box set.

Funny how things work out sometimes....I had ordered the earlier box set, (being shipped now) and then ran across this sealed box at a great price.

I bought "Then Play On" re-mastered by Chris Bellman a few years ago because I didn’t own it. The downside then was, no "Oh Well". It was only released on their UK lp. Also, my experience in trying to find a nice sounding op of "Future Games" didn't leave me much hope in continuing on that search. Made since to get a re-mastered by a respected guy with the master tapes.

Now on this set, it comes on a seperate 7" disc. I’ve seen "Then Play On" as a dbl lp, including "Oh Well for $50.00 since.

The joys of buying vinyl......
BTW, both copies of "Then Play On" sound very good. Probably the exact same.?
Up now:

"Kiln House" from the box.

@bdp24 recently said this was his favorite so I’m looking forward to it!

BTW, this will be my first time hearing the entire lp. Same for "Bare Trees" up later.
Kiln House / side one..(interesting record for FM)
First song is heavily Elvis influenced, next two songs are The Band influenced, last song is Beatles influenced IMO.
Slaw, you need to listen again without trying to hear other influences.  "Kiln House" is pure dual personality Fleetwood Mac.  Some songs are Jeremy Spencer and the others are Danny Kirwan.  Compare it to "Then Play On" where it was dual personality was Kirwan and Peter Green.
Side two, obviously "Buddy's Song" Buddy Holly influence.

@onhwy61,

Point taken, just describing my first thoughts.
"Future Games". I'm pretty familiar with this one. Hoping SQ is improved over my two copies. Interesting that the jacket in this box set is more yellow looking instead of the light olive green?
It was readily apparent this version is vastly superior to my copies. Actually one of my personal top FM records.

@drrsutliff ,

You need this one, I believe it's available seperately.
Johnny Cash "American III, Solitary Man" from the American Recordings Box set.

Just replaced my beloved Duelund phono cable for my recently upgraded Marc Tunis/KLE phono IC.
FWIW, also, I haven't done much comparison to the MyMat since I installed my wall decoupling system.

Easy to hear on my system, with/without my Stillpoints LP1, without a weight is superior. This kind of goes along with my previous thoughts on isolating the lp from the bearing. Much easier to hear now. The music is free!
Not heard that one Greg.
The three i got were all early ones.
Chicken Skin Music and Into the Purple Valley were the other two.

Right now.

I love Rock,n,Roll .... Joan Jett.

Tbh I always thought Lita Ford was the better "half" of The Runaways.
I have all of those ones too Uber. Check out Chavez Ravine if you get a chance.
Mehta conducts Bruch - Violin Concerto & Lalo - Symphonie Espagnole. Los Angeles Philharmonic w/Zukerman. Columbia Masterworks 1979
Jefferson Airplane: Surrealistic Pillow early pressing all the 60’s raw recording goodness.