Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The concern is always there but everything sounds great. Living with Deccas (when you’ve OCD!) can be a rollercoaster. But mostly it’s all good. Incidently, I swapped in my AT VM750SH for a reality check and the Decca destroyed it.

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Thanks Slaw, Uber and Tomic601.
Barenboim conducts Elgar’s violin concerto. London Philharmonic w/Pinchas Zukerman. Columbia Masterworks 1976
My gifted copy of Deep Purple "Made In Japan" after a DEEP clean is up next,
Pablo Casals plays Schubert String Quintet in C Major, Op. 163. Recorded live. Turnabout/VOX 1971

very nice
Gravenhurst / Flashlight seasons 
Pretty sure this is another tortured artist Slaw. Thought you would like to know :-)

@noromance, get yourself a Zeta arm! There is something about it (not just effective mass) that makes it about the best mate for Deccas and Londons.

@slaw, I've been dealing with the increasing frequency of my lifelong "cluster" headaches. Consider yourself very fortunate if you've never had one---they're completely debilitating. I have my entire adult life suffered from them about quarterly, but lately they've been appearing weekly, if not twice a week. They always start right above either left or right ear, moving across my head in about three days time. Rather than being like a migraine (of which it is a relative)---constant pain---the cluster strikes like a bolt of lightning, intense pain coming out of nowhere. The next strike may be a few minutes later, or maybe only ten seconds. So one is always poised for the next strike, tensed and anxious.

My doctors have been trying some medicines on me, and I have to do the sleep apnea test next week, seeing if that's the cause. I doubt it, but I'll give it a shot. It's getting brutal being me ;-( .

@bdp24 ,

I have a story to tell. As well

Fortunately  Predisone keeps me functioning
Gravenhurst / The Western Lands

bdp24, What a bummer. I hope they find something to help you soon!
@noromance, can’t do weed, makes me paranoid (ever since a dose of bad acid). Alcohol dulls the pain a little, but not much. In my 20’s and 30’s codeine worked somewhat, but now makes me sick to my stomach. But these all treat the pain, not address the cause. Luckily for ya’ll, the cluster is fairly rare.
@bdp24 Maybe a revisit. Talk to your local store if you have one in your state. There are so many types of thc/cbd combos that you will get one that treats pain more than freaks you out. 

Ya know @noromance, maybe it's time to try again. I know the genetic breeding has gotten really sophisticated. Related story: In 2006 my girlfriend was working in a dispensary, and one of the shop's growers also serviced private customers. One of his clients was Bob Dylan, whose favorite strain was Goofy Grape. True story!

@slaw, I'll research Prednisone, thanks for the tip.

Hifijunky

Probably one of the all time great system discs and outright sonic treats
Great stuff!
Charlie Byrd.
LTD edition white vinyl direct disc master 45rpm version.
To think they had all that back in 1977!!

Sounds as good as you expect it to, maybe better 😁
Uber - I have that same disc, it is outstanding:-))))

@bdp24 try them both, cbd and prednisone, my wife has near Lupus and it takes both some days...

We need to recruit more youngsters to this thread, nobody with aches and pains... remembering when I was invincible.....
Tomic.
It most certainly does indeed!
How all records should have been made.... Lol.

If we fail to get older and collect more aches and pains....well it's pretty dire if you cease getting older TBH ☹️
Uber you would also most likely appreciate:

LA Four - Pvane Pour Une Infante Defunte 

Up now after it’s first US clean....

Ten Years After "Live at The Fillmore East 1970" 3 lp set/2018 Chrysalis.

This set is surprisingly clear/quiet/ nicely pressed. With great SQ.
Finally done with work for the day, trying to catch-up.

Britten conducts English Music for Strings. Purcell, Elgar, Britten, Delius, & Bridge. English Chamber Orchestra. London 1969

This album kicks some rear
@bkeske,

I don't know why but something about how you worded the last sentence gave me a belly laugh. That has to be recognized.
@slaw 

I don't know why but something about how you worded the last sentence gave me a belly laugh. That has to be recognized.

😁 Especially for a chamber orchestra recording. But it indeed does. Britten was not only a good composer, but also one hell’va conductor.
@slaw 

My inexpensive Pro-Ject Carbon Debut, with the add-on acrylic platter, and Grado Red cart.

I bought it after digging out my old Kenwood 2055 from the mid-70’s, and realizing there were more problems with it than I was ready to deal with, and still not sure if vinyl would stick again for me, went safe with the Pro-Ject. Well, I believe it’s (vinyl has) stuck.

Not ready to make a move quite yet, but have been considering a VPI Scout, maybe the new Prime. I was actually going to inquire with you about that, as being a (the) uni-pivot arm without anti-skating, has gotten its share of negative personal reviews for the arm, but I’ve also read that it has wonderful soundstage, imaging, and depth.  So, I’m a bit on the fence, but if there is one table I’ve looked at in that price range, I’m still drawn to it.
Oh dear....
I can see that rabbit hole gaping wide and ready to suck you deep down inside Brian!
😇😇
@bkeske, Brian,

If you’re serious, I saw an as new Rega RP10 with their 3000 arm for sale earlier on US AudioMart for around 50% off retail. If I were you, I’d jump on that!

The VPI....you can always go for the gimbled bearing arm at the same price as the uni-pivot. When I first got the tt I own from VPI, the uni-pivot was somewhat of a shock. After taking it on several dates, I have no problem with it. I have the dual-pivot upgrade which is great!

If I didn’t have so many projects in the pipe, I’d bought the Rega myself.

My feeling, at that price, the Rega would be your last TT.
@bkeske 
What? I can’t hear you well from down here.
Dude, with a Project Debut Carbon, you're only in the first circle of hell. 8 more to go!
@bkeske,

Another vote for the Rega, if you use one of their carts, the 3 point mounting makes set-up fool proof.
Dude, with a Project Debut Carbon, you're only in the first circle of hell. 8 more to go!
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
This......

Next thing you know you will be looking at $3k carts like they are candy.....
Gidon Kremer - Edition Lockenhaus. 2 LP live set. Franck, Rabinovitch, Caplet, Poulenc, Janacek, Stravinsky, Schostakovich. ECM German release 1986
@uberwaltz 

Next thing you know you will be looking at $3k carts like they are candy.....

Oh, I already do ;-)

But I’m also one of those who likes to see how much he can do for less. Thus, vintage or older gear really does attract me. Like my old Belles 400A amp. Or, mid 00’s Vandy 2CE Sigs I picked up for $600.

There is fun in that to me as well.

I’m also very aware that if I’m going to keep investing in vinyl, that although I don’t *need to* dive deeper, fact is I want to, because, well, ‘we’ can’t seem to stop trying to make things sound better....especially vinyl.
Traffic "John Barleycorn Must Die" United Artists/pp

I picked this very clean copy up at Carolina Soul"s brick & mortor store in Durham NC on the way to a concert years ago. Just US cleaned. Here's hopin'