Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Alice Cooper "Goes To Hell"......a sleeper!

JIM,

Track ! & 3 on the first side.
Szell conducts Dvorak - Symphony #9. The Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia 1970
Boulez conducts Schoenberg - Serenade Op 24. Domaine Musical Ensemble. Everest, recorded 1961. Unknown release date, but looks to be in the 60’s or 70’s.

very nice recording/engineering/mastering.
@slaw the first cut has intentional distortion at about 2:40 ish where she sings a backing verse. The third cut has some dorky hoaky effects trying to iMO simulate high frequency scratches in vinyl ???? It and every effect I hear like that drives me nuts.....
Right at the end of Jenny Lewis the preamp, DAC, server all shut down and the DAC displays low AC.... argh

took me a while to get things running....

took out neighborhood

i think it’s the amateur hour remodel job mid street... 1.5 years and the roof still isn’t complete...
@tomic601  - You on a culling binge? Honestly, I really enjoyed mine. Listened to hundreds of records that otherwise would have been untouched. Found some gems, got rid of a couple hundred, and have a much nicer looking listening room for the effort. Piles be gone........
Hi Steve - I have a heavy boat day today but will resisted again this eve. I am listening to a deluxe edition CD ripped bit perfect to a server. Maybe they remastered the deluxe and yes it is a bit tipped up but not silibant. I do have the magic Carbon tweeter! Ha
later in week, I will play it on Thiels in the Vintage room :-)))
I will advise !!!!!
@reubent some culling, not on order of what you underwent- I have a goal to give away half of the decent LP out of my recent 110 record Craigslist score... I try, but rarely succeed at trying to live a “ pay it forward life “... ha

Hi Tom,

I was just thinking about posting the exact same message to you! It’s got to be on my all time fav list!
Khruangbin & Leon Bridges "Texas Sun"
Rosanne Cash "The River & The Thread

When I saw Rosanne & John while back, it was a pleasure just being in their company.

"...we talk about you drinking
not about your thirst..."
Blues Image "Something to Say" pp/Illusion Records

fresh from the Vibrato...
I bought a NOS Beatles UK Blue Box a long while back. Never listened/ cleaned any except "With The Beatles"

That one’s on now. Sounding good! Quieter than a mouse. 
Steely Dan - Gaucho
Savoy Brown - Make Me Sweat

purchased a pair of GIK bass traps - waited way too long to do this!

@nicks25,

I (hear) you brother. If I could go back in time.... I'd spend money on acoustics first.
Hi,
sorry but today its SACD day,
Glenn Gould- J.S. Bach: Italian Concerto.Partitas 1&2 (single layer)
Vladimir Horowitz-Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Schumann, Liszt (single layer)
Both from Sony Classical catalogue.
I do not have them on vinyl and sound great on DSD.
@tomic601 and others that may have interest.  Saw this today while searching around.  Levi Parham to release a quiet album soon:

https://www.leviparham.com/
The Apple Pie Motherhood Band (self titled), Atlantic 1968

....breaking out some of my more obscure LP’s.

Have not played this in probably 35+ years. Not bad really.....
Hey @bkeske,

I did a double take...thought you wrote Mom's Apple Pie. Familiar with that one?
@slaw 

I did a double take...thought you wrote Mom's Apple Pie. Familiar with that one?

I’m not, but should, as they are an Ohio band.
It’s odd as I was actually thinking about playing my copy yesterday. They are a mix of Chicago/Blood,Sweat &Tears IMO.

Graphic cover art.
With the chatter about "Permanent Waves" 40th release out, I decided to revisit my MFSL copy..........see you on the flip side........... cleaning my pre-bar code copy.
Well, I already hear the lack of lower bass registers.
Permanent Waves....After side one.....I now realise the reason I’ve shy’d away from this record over the years. It’s poorly produced/poorly recorded just in comparison to their other records. Very easy to hear.

Going to Ebay auction tomorrow.
The Modern Lovers - (self titled). Beserkley reissue 1978. Originally released 1976. Mostly written in 1972/3. Mostly produced by John Cale.

Just an incredible album. Legendary. Jonathan was a way ahead of his time. The first time I heard this, Probably 1977 in my college dorm, I was dumb struck, and opened the door of exploring many new bands emerging at the time.
Steve - whisper of it on track 1 - Stolen Car on the deluxe edition 7/2014 ), Track 3 - Couldn’t Cause me Harm - again surfs you next to it like for example on the lyric “ lose my experience “...

I am a few days away from getting SOTA up and running and I don’t have that on vinyl...... fun bit of work tho !!!