Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I checked out much earlier than planned yesterday. Sounds like I missed out on lots of fun.
Orenda Fink "blue Dream"
@tomic601 ,

I'll get a "list" together.
Here's the US cleaning thread I've posted the most to:
Thumbs Up For Ultrasonic Cleaning
@slaw - yikes, dark mood huh?! Finally watching Peaky Blinders so, not so much playing/listening. Table not performing at its best last couple sessions. Maybe look around for something new soon but, last night Jason Isbell, The 400 Unit “Live from The Ryman” - (decent production) & His Golden Messenger, “Forward Children” needed a fix for some live performances 
@bgross,

Love Jason. Actually not in a dark mood, love The Dark Angels, I'm energized listening to them. Maybe that says something about me?
Streaming The Who - Quadrophenia on Qobuzz- 96x24

sounding great - I believe Big Greg turned me on to existence of this version - thank you !!!!!
@bgross,

Not familiar with "Forward Children". Own most of M.C.Taylor’s output. Saw him live on tour with Tift Merritt's "friends" tour a couple years back.
And Then There Were Three .... Genesis.

Eek!

SQ is pretty lousy on this copy, very tilted up in the treble , thin and bass is just boomy, not defined at all.

Don't remember even the CD sounding this bad.
Into the charity pile it will go.
Beth Orton "Daybreaker"  EU/180gr/Mastered @ Abbey Road by Miles Showell
@uberwaltz,

Still haven't listened to my copy that was given to me. Based upon your impressions, I now know why it was given to me.
Slaw
I think part of the problem is they squeezed so much music onto a single side. Hence no dynamics or life, simply because there was not enough groove room to cut it.

It really needed to be a double album
@tomic601 I have 2 copies of the original release and they sound pretty good. But to answer your question, I have no idea. There have been over 5000 pressings. My guess would be the earlier the better.
By the way, Pros and Cons original UK pressing is fan freakin' tastic. I saw it performed in London. Mindblowing. 
Uber,

That sure plays a BIG part on some lps. The most recent example I own is the difference between Neil Young's "Harvest Moon". I bought the original EU/1 lp copy. Now own the re-mastered dbl/lp copy. The difference is striking.

Someone posted here a few weeks ago about the newly re-mastered on 2 lps...Eric Clapton "Unplugged". Would like to hear it as I thought the original was somewhat of a demo disc.
@tomic601 ,

I own a Track/UK/Quadrophenia and the Universal re-issue from over a decade ago. I think I’ve compared them before, just been too long ago to remember.

Thinking about it now, I seem to remember someone posting a while back, something like, Best pressing of Quadrophenia", I may have compared my copies there, FWIW.
@noromance .
Pros and cons and Radio K.A.O.S are my favorite Waters albums.
Never liked Amused as to my ears it's more a collection of special effects than a cohesive musical outing.

I know I am in the vast minority in that opinion though.

Another very memorable live experience for myself was Floyd performing the original stage show of The Wall.
Hammersmith Odeon , London, 1978?
Minds a bit hazy on years nowadays.
Lol.
@slaw 

I believe And Then There Were Three is screaming out for a double album 180g remaster!
@tomic601 ,

I think you asked about, best pressing of PF "The Final Cut"? I own two domestics and the latest re-mastered version. I do need to compare. Just on memory, both sound good. The latest PF re-masters are of superior SQ IMO. Having said that, I do not own any PF UK/Harvest lps. I do own a UK/Harvest Dave Gilmour "S/T"

IMO, "The Final Cut" was always very underrated.
Incognito ... Spyro Gyra.

Ah, SQ is restored!

Does not matter whether you like these guys or not, I have not heard one bad record SQ wise...and I own plenty.
The Who: Who's Next
The Who: Live at Leeds

Saw them perform the same live set in Kansas City, July 2, 1970. It was incredible! Live at Leeds album did a great job capturing the sound and environment of that performance.
Mwinkc.

I'm lucky if I can get the year right and you have the month and date down pat?

I need to eat more 🐟
@slaw its a live album that just dropped benefiting Durham Public School students in NC. I streamed after it after JI cause my table is acting poorly. Put it on my to buy list. https://www.jambase.com/article/hiss-golden-messenger-live-album-forward-children
@bgross
Soundtrack Record of Peaky Blinders Show is really good.  Nick Cave, et. al.   I may be in a small minority being predisposed to open mindedness about soundtracks.  Some of my favorite albums are soundtracks.  Maybe it’s the cinema-graphic sentimentality ... 
The pressing quality on my reissue 2016 Animals is abysmal- it’s in the cull pile...

( PFRLP10 )

Regarding Soundtracks... I have a op  copy of Fred Neil’s soundtrack of "Midnight Cowboy" on the way....probably Monday? Looking forward!!!!
For any who paid attention to Dave Alvin's release of "Third Minds", the track "Dophins" was inspired by Fred Neil.
Uberwaltz,

I have pretty good memory for things that happened 40 years ago.
It's yesterday or last week that I have trouble with!

I happened upon a great resource for KC area concerts back in the day:
http://windsofchangekc.com/contact_1
Yes, it's just a smaller market, Kansas City, but check out the constant stream of legendary artists. They worked hard in those days.
Saw a LOT of great artists back then.

The Who concert was particularly vivid for obvious reasons, but in addition, the venue was a automobile warehouse...low ceilings, concrete floor, no seating and no air-conditioning (July). Paramedics were hauling out a constant stream of concert-goers because of heat exhaustion or too many drugs. The air was thick with pot smoke. Daltry flying about in his long-fringed jacket and Townsend windmilling away on his guitar. Heaven on earth for teen-agers like my friends & me.
@spiritofradio Yeah, digging in deep on PB. It’s awfully good and I’m enjoying it a ton. Don’t watch a lot of TV but have time to fill now so,... will check out the soundtrack, TY!
Good times indeed Mwinkc!

I am obviously a little younger as my heyday of live concerts was 1977 through about 1982 ( marriage, kids, life, the normal bs...lol).
Remember them all but dates and even years are a little fuzzy, not sure if that's an effect of those days or just old age making its presence known!
@mwinkc,

We sometimes don’t acknowledge new posters’ posts be as being significant...this needs to change.
Joe Walsh "The Smoker You Drink, The Player I Get"  OP  ....yes...this was my personal motto for a couple of decades.
@slaw “ my Maserati does 185 “ was my motto... I was headed up to Mid Ohio for a race in my SDHO Camaro and a black Quattroporte went by me in the rain at Mach 9....
And YES welcome all the new posters and your contributions and comments- they are valued
#tomic601

In another life, I use to race moto-cross.

At the time, I could only WISH I lived in California. The mecca!
Slaw, Tomic

I am fairly sure that most new posters get welcomed or acknowledged by somebody or another and encouraged.
I hope I did not infer others weren’t acknowledged.

My last...The Watson Twins "Talkin’ to You..Talkin’ to Me" mastered by the late.great Stan Ricker.

I think I’m one of the few who are still on a 40 hour work schedule.