Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Metallica  - Black Album  - very very impressive on vinyl even with a bit too much compression 
Speaking of compression...we are choosing vocal microphones and tube preamps this week....
@slaw sure sorry my head was in listening to various combinations of microphones and preamps with some significant margin and soft natural compression for a recording- the Black album comment resonated...

iF there is interest, I will post some notes along the way... will be mastering it on my reference system in Seattle with a protools s desk crammed in the drivers seat....

fun

every day learning is the goal
6t5 no the Revox B77 is great but this project has a different path.... with luck there will be an LP
Robert Johnson  - King of the Delta Blues Singers 

Dave Brubeck  -  Time Further Out  -  Impex records,  awesome 
@slaw 

yesmansomewhat question.
how is it the song is available on the re released LP, yet it could not b used and it was left off of the cd version?

cheers
You can't stop the signal.
Brownie points to anybody who knows what movie that quote is from but I digress.....

Even when enjoying our 20 years anniversary I find a record store and found some good vinyl I just had to have!
😁😁😁
A stack of CD's! my Yamaha M/C just had the stylus totally disappear, and my Supex is bent.  I have to transfer it to my Formula 4 arm so that I can use its unipivot to adjust the camber.    
I felt like I’d been losing a touch of the magic lately so I ran through one side of my Cardas degaussing lp. 
Did the trick.
Speaking of the Cardas degaussing lps, I happen to have 3 extra. Don’t ask how or why.

I’m going to offer them up to any of you who post on this thread that would appreciate one. One per person.
Hey @wjw300tt,

Welcome! I believe I’ll play that as well.

Looked at my cleaning notes... last time cleaned in 2009. Probably last time played.
Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter "Marble Sun"

My plan is an all-nighter..............
Great!

(Took my 89 year old mother out of town today for my granddaughter's 1st birthday.)

Emerson, Lake & Palmer  "Trilogy"

Looking at the cover...realizing now that all but one is living, brings things into perspective.
It's amazing any of the rock stars from the 70's are alive. That was a different era for sure. Surprised I even lived through it (lol)
The Lone Bellow
Half Moon Light

The Ballroom Thieves 
Unlovely 

Mipso
Edges Run

Jonatha Brooke & The Story
Plumb (Digital...)

Jason Isbell
Something More Than Free

I just have to tell you good people that I love my stereo.  

@slaw 

how was moving pictures?  Pretty tight isn’t it?
Have not researched this; what does a degaussing record do for you?
@spiritofradio,

Moving Pictures very nice!

I'm not a scientist, I can't explain why it works.

I guess, close to thirty years ago, I experienced the positive effects of a Cardas degaussing lp. The effects are similar to cleaning all of your connections. The sparkle returns. The newness of a particular recording is now felt.