Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Elton John 
Tumbleweed Connection 
op
this is an old record I have tried to clean up for years even took it to someone with an  autoglass US machine with little success, just tried my DIY setup with a new routine and I am sold on the US cleaning 
@uberwaltz  Try sending a note to the seller.  Be factual, quote the Discogs grading and compare that to a description of what you received.

If they have good feedback, they don't want to damage it and will usually offer a return or partial refund.  

It does get frustrating though, the records I buy are almost always described as at least one grade better than they really are and they're usually more expensive than buying from a local record store.  If there's something you really want to have and can't find locally though, it is convenient.  There are also some sellers that offer nice discounts on new records.
Greg
I have been in communication but it has gone south... Lol.
Trying to tell me I have no idea how grading works and if anything it is undergraded!
Hilarious!
They have agreed to take it back though
Jackie Washington S/T (Vanguard 1962)

Dude was 24 and frequented/performed Boston coffee shops at the time. Lovely voice of folk music which thrived in the freedom of the best years of American life.
That's probably the best you can hope for.  Usually they are apologetic, but sometimes...

I had one guy go nuts after I left a positive review, but mentioned in the review that it wasn't graded correctly.  Other than that everyone has been pretty decent.
Skeeter Davis ‎- Blueberry Hill And Other Favorites (RCA Camden 1965)

Pressed by Telefunken/Decca from RCA tapes in Germany. The strings. Burnished and golden. Filling the room with nostalgia and saccharine. Cute beyond belief. A masterpiece. $3. Near Mint. 
Lotte Lenya ‎- Kurt Weill's The Seven Deadly Sins (Columbia Masterworks 1960 mono)

@noromance has a Decca time machine...

close as I ever came was a set of the ribbons for my poor mans HQD setup..
I asked a record seller on Discogs ( SedonaAntiques ) for a grade difference refund on a Delaney and Bonnie that was advertised as NM-
he apologized and said, what do you want ?
i replied, you know the market better than me but this record is good at best and filthy- donate the difference to your local food bank 

I waited a month or so with no reply, so I tagged him with negative feedback.

in his feedback, he accused me of trying to shake him
down

needless to say, the appeals process was swift and short...
I looked at my shelves and counted just a little more than 150 albums that I bought on Discogs in 2019.   One delivery of 2 records came in a water soaked cardboard mailer from France.  The records were fine but the jackets were wrecked.  I sent photos and the seller immediately refunded my full payment and didn’t ask me to send them back.  I gave him a great review ‘cause damage during shipping was certainly not his fault.  I imagine the French postal system as at least as bad as ours.  On one other purchase the record and jacket were about like you’re describing Uber, off the scale bad. Jacket torn and writing all over it and a record that looked like it was wiped with a Reece’s peanut butter cup.  I sent a message and the guy said he’d follow up with the underling that grades his records (operation out of a big used shop in Berkeley that I never liked much....). And offered recompense if I wanted to return it.  I told him I appreciated that but to forget it.  I left off any review and dropped it.  I mean, it was probably a $10 purchase so who cares really.   Not worth a trip to the post office.  Most of The rest were all about as Greg describes: a bit below sellers’ grading.  Many though are clean and minty and I give their sellers rave reviews.  I think for me overall Discogs is an amazing resource.  I buy less than half my records from there but think about it.  Where is somebody going to find that early hard rock album that they’re obsessed with if it’s not in any of their LRSs?  
Spirit.
Valid points on the " must have" records.
Which is what this was as never seen LedZep 3 in any LRS so bit the bullet.
Then it bit me... Lol.

Always a bad apple somewhere...
noromance, What did you think of Jana Hunter/Devendra Banhart 2005 collaboration?   
@boxer12 
noromance, What did you think of Jana Hunter/Devendra Banhart 2005 collaboration?   
I liked it. It's quirky and attractive enough to hold my interest for a repeat listen. 

Every record I ever bought on Discogs is about 1-2 grades below what is advertised. I just consider that as fact in the price I'm willing to pay. Hopefully, one of these days I actually get a record that is "as advertised" regarding grade.
I just took another chance @discogs on a record rated VG+++. Coming from USA. @uberwaltz, I'd never buy anything graded less than that.
Jenny and Johnny - "I'm Having Fun Now"

Thanks @slaw for the wonderful record. Much appreciated. 
War Dept. out playing so the mouse has Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains the Same cranked up.... hope the neighbors like The Rain Song !!!!
A bit in arrears

The Miles Davis Quintet - Round About Midnight’ ( MoFi )

and this is just freaking fantastic 

Michel Legrand - Legrand Jazz ( Impex IMP 6028 my copy is 865/3000 )

this just lovely with 40 jazz greats and Miles...,

yowsa
Gerry Mulligan / Chet Baker - Carnegie Hall Concert Vol 1 and 2

( CTI 6054/5 S1 )
Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night (Decca 1960)

Chill, laid back jazz replete with a baritone chorus, bowed bass, and mellow lead trumpet. Great recording. Buy this for a few bucks on Discogs and hear true analog.
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars...... David Bowie.

Probably my favorite Bowie album ever.
Now this one was bought on eBay.
Described as NM vinyl and vg+ cover.
It's spot on that grading IMHO.
Was one of the classic albums I grew up with in my youth so was time to buy again.

Looking out for Schools Out and Billion Dollar Babies next.

Sylvia Syms ‎- For Once In My Life (Prestige 1967 Germany)

So romantic, I wish the wife was 20 years younger.
Kid Ory’s Creole Jazz Band - This Kid’s The Greatest! (Good Time Jazz 1962 mono France)

Magnificent. The musicianship is superb and the voice of Ory at almost seventy is drenched in soul. This is the real eff-ing deal. Mint. Recorded in the 1950s. Makes your audiophile pressings sound like woolly mufflers.

@uberwaltz Touché. 
In fairness to her, she said the Kid Ory album was the best I've played in a while.

Grace Pool S/T.

Never heard of this but cover looked neat.

It's actually pretty darn good!
👍
Marianne Faithfull ‎- Go Away From My World (London 1965 mono)

Marianne Faithfull ‎- S/T (Decca 1965 mono)
Betty Vaiden Williams ‎- Folk Songs And Ballads Of North Carolina (Vanguard 1958 mono)

@noromance minus twenty would make her nine brother:-)

iF it’s mono, I asking Noromance first :-))) he knows stuff
Breaking in new phono stage...very 3D and organic right out of the double box...teaser, she is a looker with Ambrosia Maple custom faceplate...

Leonard Cohen - You want it darker

Ry Cooder - Jazz

Linda R - Mad Love ( Japan pressing )

@tomic601 ,

Organic is the main word I've often used to describe my Trio. I had a friend with a Herron/Delos combo that I was familiar with and I found it to be a little too upfront, slightly unnatural. 
Speaking of Alice Cooper @uberwaltz, have you heard Goes To Hell? I love it and has amazing SQ.
@slaw we are so California chill here that could never happen ! All good so far. Bringing back a few NOS from my Seattle tube collection to roll in... like all things system synergy is a must....