Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
"Turn Up the Quiet" ..........after what is going to be it's initial flattening. Yes, sometimes, just to be sure, those who are experienced in these pieces have learned the hard way, how to be careful. Will require one more round but right now, it's very playable.
Uber,

If you can find an original Columbia of "Between The Lines"....on ultra thin vinyl, sounds Sooo good.
Slaw.
I have it, Columbia Terre Haute pressing 1975, needs a good clean!
A real flexi flyer... Lol.
On the Todo list.....
The aforementioned Dead - From the Mars Hotel

so far a fantastic pressing.... fingers crossed - nice Sonics 
@slaw love that Aretha's Gold, I think I could listen to that record every day 

Cannonball Adderley  - Somethin Else  - Classic reissue 33rpm 200gram. Excellent in every aspect but wish it was mono 
Hey @ 6t5-gto,

I believe there's currently an Atlantic years dbl/or box still available in mono, bro!
Man, this is mighty fine - hope more 45 rpm MoFi on the way....

“May the four winds blow you home”

When one listens to Aretha’s Gold, he or she is afforded not only the pleasure of hearing one of the greatest singers of our lifetimes, but also the musicianship of The Swampers, the studio band heard on those recordings.

The Swampers were the band assembled by Rick Hall at his Fame Recording Studio in Muscle Shoals, where producer Jerry Wexler brought Aretha after Atlantic Records owner Ahmet Ertegun bought her contract from Columbia Records. Columbia had assigned her to Mitch Miller (yeah, THAT Mitch Miller), who didn’t know WHAT do with her. Well, Wexler did, saying he was going to "put her back in church."

Anyway, The Swampers exemplify the style of musicianship known as "ensemble playing": playing so as to make the singer, the song, and the other musicians sound better, rather than to glorify oneself. Wexler also brought Wilson Pickett down, and though Pickett was apprehensive---he had left the South to escape the racism The Swampers seemed to represent: white "crackers"---he said when they started playing, he couldn’t believe his ears; the funkiest band he had ever heard, white or black.

Other artists have gone to Muscle Shoals, expressly to record with The Swampers: Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Boz Scaggs, Joe Cocker, Paul Simon, Dusty Springfield, J.J. Cale, too many to list. Drummer Roger Hawkins and bassist David Hood were enticed out of the studio by an offer from Winwood to join Traffic. Hood’s son Patterson is the frontman of The Drive-By Truckers.

Drummer Roger Hawkins is considered amongst the greatest studio drummers of all-time, even by Jim Keltner, who said he wished he played more like Roger! Extremely "musical": tasteful, elegant, smart (there are a fair number of rather stupid drummers around. Ever hung around a drum shop? ;-), restrained in the less-is-more style. But man does he make for the deepest groove that has ever been played! And his press roll is as good as it gets. To say that his playing is the antithesis of that of, say, Neil Peart, is not to disparage the latter, only to once again make the point that the metric by which a musician’s playing is appraised varies according to what one is looking for, and what one values.

Dang @slaw you're on a roll. I also love "In City Dreams". What's next? 

Don't know if you saw my post from last night. I'm trying to cull a couple hundred LPs from my stash. Anyway, stopped in a LRS this afternoon (I was in the neighborhood!) and had 3 new records in my hand. But, didn't have any of my culls with me, so I decided to put the 3 new records back until I could return with some trades. iIm trying to trade down numbers for quality. Anyway, Had these in my hand and put them back:

Steve Earle - "Guitar Town"
Band of Horses - "Acoustic at the Ryman"
Band of Horses - "Cease to Begin"

Love all three, but my goal is to DECREASE the number of records in the house........
@bdp24 .

What a story Eric!
Fantastic font of Musical history and information as ever.

That's just another reason to keep on coming to these threads, always something great to learn!

@bdp24 love it, what ya spinning ? Owe you dinner in May when I am down that way :-)
@reubent 

Send all your leftovers my way brother!

On an ever increasing spiral here!

😂🤣😂🤣
Not vinyl but....

Listening to Stupid Dream by Porcupine Tree on DVD-A and the SQ is out of this world.

Helps that my digital replay is stout with an Esoteric player.

And that it's just a fantastic album period.
@tomic601  - "New Math" That's funny. I like it.....

@uberwaltz  - I have too many records, you have too many turntables. Just sayin'...... ;~)
LMFAO 😂😂😂

Down to just 4 TT now Reubent.....
I'm wasting away.......
Tom Petty "Hypnotic Eye" Chris Bellman re-master/dbl lp

"I've got a few fault lines
running under my life"
@reubent ,

Love "Guitar Town". I’ve never auditioned Band of Horses. You have the willpower brother.
War Dept eying completely full NEW 350 capacity record rack says: “ what is your long term vision for vinyl here at the condo ?”....

as an economist, my urge was to quote another economist and say: “ in the long run, we are all dead”....

but

” discretion is the better part of valor....

thankfully, the phone rang....
Plan B will be: “ what about Slaw and Uberwaltz, but that sounds like a vegan Resturant with dancing.... maybe German beer
Plan B will be: “ what about Slaw and Uberwaltz, but that sounds like a vegan Resturant with dancing.... maybe German beer
Too funny!

Pass me the sour Kraut.....
Tomic.

On another note entirely.

Did I read somewhere you were familiar with Friday Harbour?
It is high on our retirement list and will be visiting in July this year.
The Police - Zenyatta Mondata ( Dutch pressing )

when this was released I had a pair of Infinity Qb with the 10”
Watkins woofer in a transmission line cabinet and the Phillips Mid in the plastic cup ( factory ) and mdf head with EMIT on a bracket on top.... Frankenstein but sounded great - in a dorm room
@uberwaltz - yes somewhat fluent in Friday Hbr over the years w have spent considerable quality time in San Juan’s. Deer Harbor on Orcas has been our go to place for 35 years. July is perfect but crowded as I am sure you already know. PM and I will assist. IF scheduling works, stop by for music, we are 20 minutes South of SeaTac