Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Cinematic = Federale:-) yes!!!! And agree The National are darker for sure!!!!
Post removed 
I did have a really hot GF who loved Spyro Grya and Doobies w Michael McDonald.... I adapted as needed.... ha

@slaw... Thanks! Wound up going Rush: Moving Pictures after Yes. Good evening of Prog Rock!
@slaw - war dept is hiding in car with seat heat and Labrador ( sulking ) and I are streaming Tidal with a self medicating libation
The Specials  - S/T - new 45rpm 180g reissue from Abbey Road  - excellent!  My fav ska album, remarkable remaster
Miles Davis  - On the Corner  - Mofi - not my fav  Miles performance but a really great sounding album 
Slim Harpo  - The Original King Bee  - Analogue Productions 200g 33rpm  - awesome in every way 
@bluboxer - I have not heard Lambchop - "FLOTUS". Are you familiar with Lambchop - "Is a Woman"? Love it! Is FLOTUS similar?
Supertramp - "Brother, Where you Bound?" - Listening on my new Reference 3A Veena floor standers. So far, so good.....
Ray LaMontagne “Trouble”, Jason Isbell “Something More Than Free” - two fabulous albums 
@@boxer12 
Thank you, sir. Not nearly enough listening time lately so I have to make it count 

This morning, Jamie Saft Quartet, Blue Dream, there are some stellar moments on this record 

@reubent  I love how you went to one of your tried and true records to test the new speakers!
How are you digging your acquisition?
@6t5-gto - Thanks. It was a logical choice. I think I know every note of that record, by heart. It is also one of the most dynamic records I own, has some good bass and drums, as well as a lot of sparkling highs. 

The Reference 3A Veenas were pretty good, right out of the box. I plopped them down where the Inifintys previously sat, without spending any time to dial them in, and they performed marvelously. The do lose some bottom end to the big Watkins woofers in the Infinitys, but they gain resolution and focus.

We'll see how it goes. I'll have to make a choice between 2 very different speakers. Might have to flip a coin or consult a mood ring.....
@reubent 
Love when a choice work out right from the start. 
Which Infinitys did the 3As replace? 
@reubent  I have been looking at vintage Infinitys lately. A really pristine pair of Kappa 9s came up on CL not far from me at a good price and I was super tempted but they moved before I could pull the trigger. I would love to hear them and a pair of Betas again, it has been many years since I have 

Radiohead  - In Rainbows 
@6t5-gto - Are the Kappa 9s the "amp killer" speakers? Need a seriously beefy amp to power them. I love the RS1.5s, but wanted a pair of smaller floorstanders. I never got around to building appropriate stands for my RS1.5s. Small floorstanders eliminate that issue for me.
FWIW I managed one of the largest Infinity dealers and anything with a polycell is not my cup of tea. I think TMR in Colorado has a minty set of Beta right now.....
Hey reubent,
"FLOTUS" & "is a women" are different styles. With FLOTUS, Lambchop started doing some electronic wizardry that wasn't found on earlier releases. I like it but not sure you would. BTW, I've been following this band for a long time & "Is a women" is probably my favorite from them. Nicely recorded as well. I don't know if you have ever heard "Nixon", "Hank", or "noyoucmon", but those are great as well.  
OK, I get it. There’s a POTUS and a FLOTUS. But shouldn’t there be a FLATUS? Sorry for the interruption. 
Gary Moore - Back on the Streets
There's some really great stuff on here and some not so great filler.
Greg
Gary Moore always makes me think of Thin Lizzy.

Live and Dangerous up next.
Same here uber. Phil Lynott is on a couple of songs. Live and Dangerous is one of the best live albums imho.
As far as live albums go yes it is excellent, most I find to be do badly recorded as to be painful!

Actually the Ten Years After live I listened to earlier is pretty darn good.
Marillion real to reel rocks too.
Peter Gabriel live.
Oh now I have opened my flood Gates on live albums... LMAO
@reubent  yes, I think the Kappa 9s have been known to drop below 1ohm and nuke some amps but I have much faith in my McIntosh gear 

Horace Silver  - Song for my Father  -  Music Matters SRX  - simply stunning, the details and sound stage on this pressing are just jaw dropping 

Bill Evans  - Sunday at the Village Vanguard  -  45rpm 200g Analogue Productions  - perfect 
@boxer12  -  Thanks for the Lambchop info. I only own "Is a Women", which I feel is a fantastic album, both artistically and sonically. I've streamed a few other tracks from Lambchop and did not find them as compelling. I'll check out the albums you mentioned to see if they are to my liking.