Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
For the Lowell George / Feat fans or I guess they call us “ completists”, I recently learned of a reissue / remaster  of Thanks I’ll Eat it Here” on vinyl by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music.

I have the OP in minty vinyl and greatly enjoy it. I also love and adore Valerie Carter ( 1st 2 solo albums ) and learned the Friday Music remaster includes a bonus cut duet w her and LG of Heartache

wow! While I intend to keep the OP, the remaster is fantastic with the removal of a lot of multi track murk. Fun

FRM-31940

enjoy your music weekend

Jim
Agreed uber. At this point in history there is SO MUCH good music available to us. We are fortunate 
@tomic601 ,

I found a sealed copy of "Thanks I'll Eat It Here" not too long ago.
BSK 3194
More active culling... wondering was I drunk?, was this a gift?, did spouse slip this in to test me ?

bauhaus - The Bella Session - Leaving Records LR150, 45 rpm
@slaw 

I did not realise you was a " Live" fan!
Love that band and Mental Jewelry is actually sitting on top of my to play pile!

Would you also like "The Answer" as well then as I consider them in a similar vein?
Uberwaltz, I hope you have reconsidered.  As an intermittent poster I always like going back a few days to see your commentary and follow the string.  I too get frustrated with keyboard courage in other forums, but love the fact it does not see so prevalent on this one.  Just today I had a run in with a reseller....the type that knows the price of records but not the value of music. And I came here for a bit of camaraderie to fight off the black dog.  It is always nice to see what everyone is listening to and pull out a neglected LP.  
Sun Ra- The Futuristic Sounds of Sun Ra OP
Tommy McCook - Greater Jamaica Moon Walk -Reggay
Thelonious Monk - Criss Cross
Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis.   Got this yesterday from a fellow flea market record collector who passed away suddenly.  Helping his widow sort through his collection for sale.  Bought a few from her to listen to.  RIP Paul Yeager.    
16f4 so sorry to hear of the loss, RIP Paul.i hear every record is free up North at very high altitude....may he find the rare and enjoyable there...
Thank you, tomic601.   Paul had a stroke a few years back but always seemed to be enthusiastic about a new find. A kind gentle friendly soul.  
@boxer12 streaming can / tago mago 40th anniversary edition on Tidal, thanks....
tomic, You're welcome!

Mellow it out for the night...
Devendra Banhart / Mala 
Beethoven
Symphony No. 5 in C Minor
Op. 67
Berliner Philharmoniker
Simon Rattle
Limited Edition 2017

This is a truly exceptional recording. I think it was Herb Rickert (sp?) that asserted it to be perhaps the finest recording (of anything) ever made. Single mike (array?) high above the conductor in their own hall. A true wonder.

This morning The 5th was quite a bit better at home on the system really than last night at the hall. We attended our Oregon Symphony’s performance (they were recording for a later CD release) at the Snitzer Concert Hall downtown. The space is problematic. Brass far too loud, violas on the left slanted to the back (naturally) undetectable, and an overall smear and pretty much no discernible soundstage (in a concert hall!). Its all a muddle with a huge alcove (for the choir) behind the stage where all harmonics go to die. Its a shame really. Years ago, before remodeling, when it was called the Paramount, we would go there to see Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rush, et.al. It was a cratering dump and it was great. Now i just long for the days when our symphony performed at our civic auditorium where the acoustics are still excellent. We caught the Oregon Ballet Theatre there the other night and the orchestra sounded wonderful.
I suppose I’ve been spoiled by my stereo....
I’ve got complaints about the venue’s acoustics but I should say that I still enjoyed the Symphony.  They played it well and we did love the music.  
————————-

Beautiful morning here and this is perfect for it:

Olena Kushpler, Solo Piano
Mompou: Preludes, Canciónes, Y Danzas Impresiones Intimas

@uberwaltz,

In addition to the Live lps mentioned yesterday, I own "Secret Samadhi" & ’Throwing Copper". I’ll keep an eye out for "The Answer".
In a bit of a funk with passing of Paul Barrere - notable Little Feat member, song writer, guitarist and solo artist, session musician...he was just 71

so it will be a heavy Feat day...

spinning Hoy Hoy now
Merits cranking the €£%#***??? !!!!! Out of

The Fan,

one of my favorite Feat songs.... love Paul’s guitar work on this...
I can try to stick to these music threads I hope!

Actually have been playing music all weekend but as much as testing with different carts on my JVC QLA7 TT.
Settled on an AT20SS for now as it has very well detailed mids and highs, maybe a trifle bass shy but the sub can fix that!

So right now just before I leave for another week of fun in West Virginia.

The Moody Blues live at the Royal Albert Hall with the World Festival Orchestra.

Very well recorded indeed! 
Now I know the SQ matches the visuals of my shop in Keyser I have packed an mt duffel bag just for the new purchases this week.
I reckon I can afford a couple hundred dollars for albums I have never ever even seen for sale before over here.

Stay tuned.......😋😋
Good luck uber. Look forward to hearing what you come back with.

Bob Dylan / 80's compilation album