Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
‘Though your confidence
may be shattered,
It doesn't matter’

Neil Young
On The Beach
Reprise 2015
Had a VERY ODD event last night while playing Jazz by Ry Cooder.
Track 2 has a LOT of very deep bass and Tuba.
My Ayre EX8 shut down partway through it on current protection.
Tried again, same thing within seconds.
Now my amp has loads of space around it for ventilation.
Put another album on right away no problems again all night.
Repeated the experience a short while ago and same thing.

So, my conclusion is that all that energy on that track being stuffed into the Maggie’s was simply too much for the " only" 100wpc EX8.
Go figure........

P.s..

I was playing at near ear bleed level. Lol.
The last couple of nights I've been folding clothes to, Getz/Gilberto Album by João Gilberto and Stan Getz.  
@uber is the disc warped also ? Assuming you don’t have a subsonic filter, AND the high LF energy on that track and only 100 wpc might in combination push it into protect...????
backhauled some vinyl to the Condo and am rediscovering Feat - Waiting for Columbus on MoFi.....what a gem....certainly a band at TOP of game...

thanks all for record rack inputs, we decided to go w Prather 2 bin model in Cherry with galvanized rod. Holds about 300 so should hold me for another year, or so......

my next post may ask for decent divorce attorney.....NOT
Tomic.
No disc is flat.
I took it round to a friend house to play on his system, he has Ayre amps but " normal" speakers by Spendor.

Track 2 certainly has a LOT of energy but was not shutting his amps down.

The EX8 is a great super integrated but it obviously cannot have the current reserves of say even another comparable 100wpc power amp . just not enough room to squeeze everything under the hood.

I am just chalking it up to the Maggie's which probably dipped down to 80db efficiency and 1 or 2 ohms with all that bass energy.
The poor old EX8 was just outgunned.
Upcoming..........

Amanda Shires "To The Sunset"
Son Volt "Notes of Blue"  my third copy...long story...
Son Volt "Union"
"To The Sunset" is a much better lp than I remembered....and I liked it before.
@tomic601 ,

I hope you have the Bernie Grundman/2 lp set. Worth it!

I think I found mine at Insound @ 60% off.
Now..."Union"

After hearing side one of "Union", I can say the sonics are at least the equal of "NOB", most likely superior.
@slaw yes on your recommendation I believe I got the two disc three sides TP although not at anything near your discount.... man does this album
rock
The Beatles  - Abbey Road  - 50th anniversary issue,  the low end is AWESOME 

@slaw you have Two Against Nature on LP?? I didn't think there was such a thing. That is a ridiculously great recording and production. Have been hoping they would put it out on vinyl 
Lucinda Williams "West".    Saw her on this tour...first time I'd seen an artist rely on a song list w/lyrics. Very Nice!
Rickie Lee Jones - it’s like this - 45 rpm Analouge Productions APP 51056

super stellar in all respects
 @slaw howdy, Sir
Man o man, in the words of Johnny Cash,  I've been everywhere, man...
Lots of work travel lately and a good bit of travel on the weekends for things like my father's 80th birthday,  fishing, etc... just not nearly as much time in front of the turntable. 

You have a copy of Two Against Nature on Vinyl?!?

Pink Floyd  - Meddle  - reissue  - VVG 
@6t5-gto,

I never knew the "Two Against Nature" (lp) was a thing, until today?
THE record I've been waiting to play,...

"Gob Iron"  "Death Songs for the Living"
Lord Sutch and Heavy Metal Friends

Chicken Shack  -  100 Ton Chicken

Chicken Shack  -   Accept

Joe Cocker  -  Mad Dogs and Englishmen
Robert Hunter - Tiger Rose

a rescue disc from Goodwill in VG- disc, rough but serviceable cover, while I am no true Deadhead, I have a decent collection of stuff.... having said that, tried to connect with this and it’s a miss for me

free to a good home ! Contributor to this thread
Jean-Luc Ponty - Cosmic Messenger- another $1 bin diving find which I have not heard in probably thirty years. This was a staple during my time selling high end gear. The big ADS and Infinity could really shine with this disc.... fun

Atlantic SD 19189