Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Hmm. You mentioned two of my favorites, Judy Collins and Sheherazade.  I was listening to Judy Collins "Moon is a harsh Mistress" a while back and remembered that Joe Cocker also did a version. Listening to them back to back, I was surprised that I liked the raspier, rougher Joe Cocker version. Odd, since Judy Collins clearly has the better voice.  Right now I am listening to side 2 of Yes "Closer to the Edge" (I don't really understand side 1, but probably should give it more of a chance) and Holst The Planets.  This coming weekend I'm going to our local (well on hour's drive away) symphony doing The Planets and Lunar Reflections from a Canadian composer I haven't heard of before, Heather Schmidt, so I'm going to try to find some of her stuff before Saturday. 
The Moody Blues - "In Search of the Lost Chord"

They don't make them like this anymore..........
My server rip of Houses of the Holy is 2008 el cheapo issue w cardboard sleeve and not the later remaster which I shall seek out in Vinyl IF the Octoberfest body of Zep scholars thinks this a worthy quest...

but the server rip is great, over the Hills rocks....
I agree with you reubent. That is a great MB album

Bardo Pond
Bardo Pond / Dilate
Can / Ege
Can / Flow motion
I just knew we were in for some Can. Far out Boxer. nice.

@tomic601 i don’t have the 180 gm Later model houses of the holy but i think i read a long time ago in a thread on another forum site about the record in question that the boys on there don’t like it as much as they like certain older pressings or repressings but i cant remember the details. I have it ripped from my first gen CD. I honestly don’t know if CDs vary much.... but i still prefer it on vinyl at home. Even with the wear. Its late and i am undoubtedly rambling obvious nonsense. Thats funny though, your copy is like boxed wine....
This thread sure could use a LIKE button for each post. So much valuable DATA just not being used to their full potential. Come on Audiogon step it up with some new features to make this DATA into INFORMATION for users.
I liked that last post

————————————

Joshua Bell & The Academy of
St. Martin in the Fields
Bruch
Scottish Fantasy
Sony MOV 2018

@wayne
Jimmy Webb is one of my true american music heros.  I mean, he writes this pop and sort of country stuff with so much feeling and appealing musicality, genres and styles I normally shun but his stuff is just so good.  
Do you have his El Mirage album?  It has his own version of it (along with p.f.sloan and christian no - also both great tunes). I think it might be strange that I prefer his own weak voice on it over Glen Campbell’s as well as all the others.  He did a couple of later recordings of it including a duet with Joe Cocker but i like the 1977 version of it best.  This may be in large part due to me being completely susceptible to nostalgia - a thing Mr Webb excels at evoking.   
Son Seals - Bad Axe
Alligator Records 1984

Listening to this I’m just sitting here head bobbing and thinking we all need more Alligators in our lives.   You know?
spirit, Can is right up there with the best ever imo. Love that music, good to see others do as well

Lou Reed / Street Hassle
Lou Reed / Transformer
David Bowie / Hunky Dory 
Here and There .... Elton John.

His piano playing is always a good test of any system changes.
Can, Budgie, Argent...
We are going back to the future.

Time to dig out some Camel and Caravan for later.
Byrdmaniax ... The Byrds.

UK pressing and the SQ is off the charts!
Might be one of my new goto albums.
Mask ... Roger Glover.

Another very well produced album but no surprise with Glover at the helm.
Duke Ellington - Black, Brown & Beige
Louis Armstrong and the All Stars - Live At Pasadena (Jan 1951 concert.  Nice duet with Velma Middleton on “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” sounds less rapy than more recent versions)
Marcia Griffiths - Electric Boogie
Robert Palmer
Sneaking Sally Through the Alley
OP 
if you are a Lowell George fan you will certainy like this 
Son Volt
Union
Transmit Sound Records

Pre-show flash of steel guitars and antique microphones. ....
I like the Aladdin where they’re playing tonight.  Tired from two long days of laying rebar but getting up for the show.

This album is pretty spiffy.  Nothing of the lately stuff though beats Honky Tonk: Hoping he plays some of those tunes.  
Oh yeah.   Damon, that is one of my favorites. i keep it always handy: an album to get me out of my abject mood.   Awesome man.
  The trilogy is the only song i ever asked a radio dj to play.  
Sailin’ Shoes baby.  
A horn section you resemble
and your figure makes me tremble

now, who writes better soul than that.  
There was a time during a long grey grad school winter that i think i played that record nearly every morning before classes.  
John Mayall
The Turning Point
Op Polydor 
An early “unplugged” show recorded live

I had the great good fortune to see Little Feat with Lowell, my brother bought me a ducat for my birthday, front row balcony at Shea’s in Buffalo, Bromberg came out for Apolitical Blues

a co-worker has a pin on his bulliten board 
“ i might be old, but I got to see the good bands”
ain’t it the truth.....
Trace is awesome album

Feat w LG priceless indeed

Spirit, good on ya Grad skool dude laying rebar....beyond me.ha

I have Ray Brown - Soular Energy on testing my bass re equilation skills....man hard to get away from the piano which js freaking amazing...
Roger McQuinn - "Back From Rio"

Fantastic album with help from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Elvis Costello, David Crosby, Chris Hillman, Micheal Penn, Timothy B. Schmitt and more..... Really Good Stuff.  
@tomic601  - Awesome. I love "Back From Rio", but it's marred by one stinker (IMHO) track. Guess which one? If you guess it, I owe you a beer....... 
@reubent two tracks In it’s Car Talk for the voice over, ha fifty - fifty shot
@tomic601  - Yep, "Car Phone". Never liked that one, even back in the day, when it was relevant". However, the other 9 tracks are outstanding IMHO. Also, love the general sound of the album with the 12 string guitar overlaying everything.

Was lucky to See Roger McGuinn solo in a very intimate setting, back around that time (just a little before "Back From Rio"). Got me hooked on the 12 string electric guitar sound.
@spiritofradio,  @tomic601,

Ya'll beat me to it! I had been thinking of Son Volt recently and just got in a couple titles I did not have. "Union" and while not truly a SV lp but close enough "Gob Iron" (first time on vinyl).
Fathers and Sons
with Muddy Waters, Mike Bloomfield, Paul Butterfield, Duck Dunn, Buddy Miles and Sam Lay
an old Chess session
Robert Palmer
Sneakin’ Sally Through The Alley
Island 1974

Taking a lunch break. Man why can’t the world still be like this....  
forgotten about richard tee playing on this album.  Did you ever hear his bridge over troubled water.  I mean, Larry Knechtel’s original is music for the ages but did you ever hear richard tee play it.  Jaw dropping knee buckling.  Anyway, forgot he was on this first robert palmer record.  (I know i know, i shouldn't brag about my faults - my mother in law often had to remind me...).   I have a couple of his solo records but i dont think they really have it.  But when he was backing Simon or Gabriel, et. al. He could be unbelievably great.  

The Concert in Central Park
Simon & Garfunkel
Legacy 2015

I believe Richard Tee is God’s piano player.  
Neil Young - Live in Massey Hall 1971
Intimate recording. Really annoying coughing people in the audience. STOP it.
Jeez. Side 4 has the mob whistling for an encore for five solid minutes. STFU.
Janis Ian ‎– The Secret Life Of J. Eddy Fink (1968)
I opened this sealed copy tonight as I figured who's gonna give me the $50 it was worth until I cracked the plastic. Did they seal them them? The plastic was very old and crinkly. Anyhow. It is okay. Not that great actually. Probably never listen to it again. Cost me $8  a few years ago.
Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking (Harvest UK 1984 - with uncensored [pathetic] ass.)
Great album. Great recording. Saw the tour live in London in 85. #greenlamborghini 

+1 on Hitchhiking!
I am probably in The minority but I vastly prefer it to Amused which is a disjointed mess IMHO.
Radio KAOS is also extremely well recorded.

Right now.

Any Trouble S/T.