Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I like the Rolling Stones, but I'm not a big fan. Picked up a near mint copy of "Tattoo You" and it's great.
Favorite track:
Put on the track: "Slave" and crank up the volume!
@mwinkc,

I was given a copy a few years ago. First time I'd ever heard it. It struck me as very transparent recording. Need to re-listen.
Jason Isbel
Southeastern
2013 Southeastern Records

i absolutely love this music and the way the record sounds.  
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey

Weil/Brecht - Threepenny Opera (New York 1976)

Ketty Lester - Love Letters (ERA 1962 mono)

@mwinkc - Welcome to the thread! I Love "Tattoo You". It's one of my most played Stones albums. Favorite Track is "No Use in Crying". Fantastic Song. And this album rocks.

@slaw - Give it a spin when you get a chance. It's pretty good stuff......
The Alarm - "Equal" and "Sigma" - Kicking my self for not going to Nashville last night to see them. But couldn't find anyone to join me and it's 5 hours drive, each direction. I'll see them later this summer in Milwaukee or Cleveland....
Marty Robbins - The Return of the Gunfighter
                           Marty After Midnight

Carly Simon - Greatest Hits Live
Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams
Duke Ellington’s Spacemen, The Cosmic Scene, vinyl, mono, press 1958. Sounds perfect on Pro-Ject 6 Perspex :-)
@Slaw & @Reubent,
Yes, Tattoo You has a lot of great tracks. They are more complex than the Stones I remember.
No Use in Cryin' qualifies as a classic.
The soundstage in Slave is huge and busy as hell with the hammond, sax, drums, vocals, guitar, percussion, etc.
You can tell Bob Ludwig had a hand in it.

Tonight, same era..but mellowing out at bit with Ten Years After - "A Space in Time".
@Slaw,
You can't go wrong with vintage Bonnie Raitt.
"Everybody's crying Mercy" on the LP "Takin my Time" is gripping. There's no "b" stuff on that disk.
Bonnie was still making music with Freebo back then.
Saw her in concert in the early & mid-seventies.
@jamesclarke,

I’m a huge Jason Isbell fan myself. Have you tried any of his wife’s Amanda Shires) solo stuff? "My Piece of Land" is great!
…………………………………..
@mwinkc,

Recently ordered " Dig in Deep" by Bonnie, I’m hoping it’s gonna be great.
I returned last night from a long trip and am jetlagged this morning. Would walk it off, but it’s hot and nasty outside today. So, I’m spinning lps to drive the cobwebs away:

Captain Beefheart & the MB, Lick Off My Decals, Baby. OP
Miles Davis, Sketches of Spain. 1990s Columbia reissue (surprisingly good SQ)
Duke Ellington, Jazz Party. OP
Little Richard, Cast a Long Shadow. OP
Fleetwood Mac, Then Play On. Rhino reissue
Ali Akbar Khan, Ragas of India. Connoisseur Society Recordings, 1971.
Delaney and Bonnie, Motel Shot Expanded Edition.
Willie Dixon and Memphis Slim, Willie’s Blues, Analogue Productions.

Nap time, I hope.
Bruce Springsteen "The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle"

A survivor from some of my gifted lps.
I'm admitting, this was my first time hearing the above (lp). It's not perfect but very, very enjoyable! A great party record.
Re-listening to Bob Dylan "Live 1975/The Rolling Thunder Revue"

Sides 1 & 2. Realizing now that what’s missing is some of the midrange frequencies and of coarse the lowest bass. Going to try and complete the entire set over the weekend.

Understanding this sets' flaws helps me to enjoy it more for what it is.
While the rest of this set is cleaning.....Bob Dylan "Desire" MFSL/45rpm
Finished sides 1 & 2 of the above set.

Now on to sides 3 & 4 of The Rolling Thunder Review. This turns out to be a great way to compare.
I'm realizing that gaining perspective, especially with these Dylan recordings, is important for one's enjoyment. While good SQ is one factor, the artists' ability to convey their message, is equally important. It is through this "prism" that I'm able to enjoy Dylan's songs presented in very different venues and different ways on different lps.
Finishing up this evenings' Dylan listening with sides 3 & 4 of "Desire"  MFSL/45rpm.
Haven't had much time to spin records lately. Picked up a few new to me ones today at my favorite record store. Listening to Steve Earle - Guitar Town right now
@big-greg,

I should have picked that one up a few months ago at an out of town record store. OP/sealed/$40.00.
……………………...……………………….
Marc Carroll "Stone Beads & Silver" …...nice!
Slaw, this one is used but sounds like new. I haven't looked up the pressing on Discogs yet. 
Replacements - Don’t Tell A Soul
The Shins - Oh Inverted World 
REM - Life’s Rich Pageant 

Life is good...
@big_greg - Good pick-up. Steve Earle is one of my favorite artist, especially the first 5-10 records. "Guitar Town" is fantastic, IHMO.
Tomorrow - S/T - Recorded in 1967, Featuring a very young Steve Howe before he joined Yes. Great record, an English Psychedelic classic. Check it out if you are not familiar.....
Earlier I played Foreigner by Cat Stevens.
Very impressed with the SQ. Like majority of his records it is very nicely done.

Now playing, 

Point of Know Return ... Kansas
Stephen Stills 2
Atlantic 1971
w The Memphis Horns
and Eric Clapton

Like his erstwhile bandmate David Crosby says about Stills, he can write songs in nearly every style.  

Jenny Lewis
latest record: there is no title on it: guess I could look it up....

part way through listening to side one I thought my stereo blew a tube or something.....

nice record.
Lightin’ Hopkins. Going online next to find the new Jenny Lewis. Flew under my radar until now. Thanks