Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601 - Looks like you had a most excellent Record Store Day Day! I spent my day power washing the siding on my elderly parents home. Not as much fun as RSD...
 @reubent I did for sure... probably blew thru the budget ....

good on ya for helping parents - I did the outlaws taxes

when something like pressure washing needs doing, I suggest they move !
I keep a pressure washer on hand to clean used records.  

Miles -“Greatest Hits”
Nektar - “Remember the Future”
Chris Thile -“Bach”
@slaw   You’re using a Soundsmith - Sussurro mk II ES Low-Output MI Phono Cartridge? Far out!

I’m thinking of trying a Music Maker.  What do you think.  What should I expect from moving iron?

Re:Luna.  Really really love the sound of that guitar. 
@jamesclarke,

There’s a thread in the (analog category) someone started where I kind of went through what I was hearing throughout the break-in process...….something like "SoundsSmith Star - Sussurro".

I should be easy to find. If you don’t let me know.
“ It’s a fine line, I hate it see it go “ packing up the Basis TT as it has found a new home ( like I needed 4 TT right ? )

but enjoying vinyl today..

Gregg Allman - Laid Back - Analogue Productions
Walter Trout - Survivor Blues
Dead - Acoustic at the Warfield

Just got back from a blues festival in the Mississippi delta. Bought a new LP of Junior Kimbrough "God Knows I Tried" and a used double LP of RL Burnside "Sound Machine Groove". 

Both or these guys are actually hill country blues rather than delta blues but the hill country is just northeast of the delta. Both of the recordings are so-so in quality for various reasons, primarily that they were low budget affairs as most small-time regional blues recordings are. Both of these men are dead but we saw quite a few of their sons and grandsons playing at the festival.

Also got a new 180g LP of Bukka White's early recordings from the 1940s. Mono obviously. Great album.
@n80. dig RL he had a resurgance before he passed away and some of those releases have much better SQ and his unique take on life in Chicago....
A RSD surprise- I let the guy behind the counter make one of my 8 picks at Lou’s in Encinitas- his choice was:

Roots Radics Dub Syndicate - DUB the Planet : Volume 1

ya ain’t too old for it.... jammin using all 40 watts

fun
and so we can help pay for Heart surgery...

RSD Stones Volume 2 on orange vinyl......so so sonics.....pressing good, so far ( this normally jinx the gig.. )
So far today

linda R - Live what a tight band she put together for this long overdue release

Sara Bareilles - Amidst the Chaos
Ok, this is not a wax-related post but you fellows, that I appreciate as music friends, should really know about this sincere thrill - a recording of a live radio broadcast from Valerie June and her band.  Oh man when she gets to the blues cut “Slip Slide On By” I’m just shaking.  Then she even tears up in the interview when she’s talking about here father.  What a sweet and unique person.  Just a really really great singer.  

https://open.spotify.com/track/7IKFVB4elfpxjjLz8OsbUH?si=_NvxVg8NTLWBm8h67As_mQ

@slaw thanks for pointing me to that thread about the cartridge.  Enjoyed reading it.  Lots of good ideas and insight. Thanks.  
@tomic   You’re very welcome.  

Been meaning to write you about checking out Jah Wobble, in light of your current interest in dub stuff.  
The Fixx “ React”
Thomas Dolby “ The Golden Age of Wireless”
Alphaville “Afternoons In Utopia”
Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington “The Great Reunion”
Bobby Bland “Two Steps From The Blues”
I'm pleasantly surprised at how good "The Search" is sounding. Nice punchy, clear bass, not bright or etched.
Been following this thread for a while, I think it’s about time I jumped in

So far this evening:
Aldous Harding - Designer
Carol King - Live at Carnegie Hall
Jake Xerxes Fussell - What in the Natural World
Jenny Lewis - On the Line
Ray Charles - Sweet and Sour Tears 

I just ordered a proper record flattener after years of wanting one. I'll report on it after it arrives and have some useful info.
Allman Brothers "Live @ Fillmore East"  pink/Capricorn

aggravating that this was pressed for record changers....
Had a bright idea...going to play an lp I picked up last weekend.....Allman Brothers Band "Fillmore East  (Feb 1970)" Bear's sonic journal. One year earlier than the lp above. Same venue.
Regarding The Allman Brothers comparison.....

The 1970 version starts off with "In Memory of Elizabeth Reid".... it’s obvious that the band hasn’t found their groove yet. Thinking about it....it’s pretty amazing that they sounded sooo much better on the later lp, like a couple of years had gone by instead of several months.

The sonics aren’t as good. Let me rephrase that....there is a different microphone set-up, the soundstage is narrower. A completely different set-up for sure. It doesn’t sound awful, just not nearly as good. "Statesboro Blues"...bass is AWAL.
@slaw - I thought you already had a proper record flattener. No? What did you have and what did you get?

BTW, I do not have a record flattener. I don't have many records in need. However, I did buy 2 copies of Kraftwerk - "Autobahn" from Insound that both came with edge warp, brand new out of the shrink......
Well I'll say The Allman Brothers Band "Fillmore East Feb 1970" (Bear's Sonic Journal) is a sonic mess! Pass it bye.
Post removed 
Time to quit f....ing around......I've wanted this lp for years. Tried to find it to no avail. Recently ran across the MOV re-issue at a deep discount and scooped it up...………………………..

Shuggie Otis "Here Comes Shuggie Otis"...….turn it up!!!!!
…...now. Where’s that "Greatest Guitar Player" thread?...…......

and that, my friends, is a guitar masterpiece!
@slaw - Sorry if I missed something. Was out of town last weekend, but otherwise I've been around. I don't recall seeing an posts directed to me, but I may have just missed them somehow. Anyway, if I missed a response to you, my apologies.....
@slaw  - OK, so I went back through the thread, to the beginning of the month, to see if I missed anything. I only found the following directed to me, to which I did not respond:

@reubent 

Interesting that you mentioned Guy Clark. I just got in Steve Earle’s latest "Guy". Two artists that I don’t have enough of.

So, here's my late response. I like guy Clark and I'm a huge Steve Earle fan. I haven't heard "Guy" yet, but I'll give it a listen, probably stream it from Spotify first to see if I like it. I've been kind of lukewarm on the last few Steve Earle albums. 
@reubent ,

I've used the Vinyl Flat for years, ever since it's inception. It works, it just requires a lot of attention. Also, it's latest iteration, with the latest heating element, is a step backwards IMO.

I ordered the ORB DP-01iA. It's similar to the Furutech/Air Tight machines.
@slaw - Dang, that's quite an investment. My meager record collection is not worthy.
@reubent

I’ll tell you, I ordered mine from the distributor for hundreds off. Still it is a chunk of change. For me, it’s worth it if it works as promised.
……...……...………………………...….........…….
Courtney Barnett RSD/12" two song disc/from the "Tell Me How You Really Feel" sessions. "Small Talk" & "Everybody Here Hates You"   45rpm
@slaw - Let us know how it works out. 

BTW, Courtney Barnett is playing here on July 1st. I'm out of town for a sailing trip in the Keys, so I won't be able to go. Saw here the past year in Milwaukee. She is proof that Rock is not dead......