Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw - You were right. The SQ on "Red Dirt Girl" is disappointing. Kind of a muddy, mushy sound. Sounds like they tried to make it sound like the Daniel Lanois produced, atmospheric sound, of "Wrecking Ball", but they just "fuzz'd" everything.
A really nice second hand copy of Chicago VII. I really like the jazzy instrumentals on the first disc and there are some nice hits on the second record. 
@slaw thanks, Slaw. I don't have the ears I used to but I could definitely hear how great the remastering is on the Tom Petty box, I agree with you, I can't recommend that box set enough, awesome. 

Long couple of days sorting thru 550 records I purchased from a guy off Craigslist. Unfortunately I put about 300 of them right back in the boxes and sold them at a local RS.
Good news is with a mild cleaning all of the ones I have played so far sound very, very good and everything is an original pressing. 
Currently playing Willie Nelson- Greatest Hits, excellent 
Dire Straights  - Love Over Gold  - almost perfect 
Derek and the Dominoes  - Layla and.., very very good
The Police  - Ghost in the Machine  - Nautalis SuperDiscs  - great 
Kraftwerk- Trans Europe Express  - very very good 
Ravel on original Mofi 
Bernie Krause - Citadels  - Mofi 

Supertramp  - Crime of the Century 
Bruce Springsteen  - Darkness at the Edge of Town- Half Speed Mastered 
Jeff Beck  - Wired- excellent 
Tom Petty  - Full Moon Fever 
Eat The Elephant ... A Perfect Circle.

2x180g.

As far as the SQ goes all I can say is WOW!
George Harrison - Living In The Material World
Third World - Serious Business
Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
The Who - Who Are You

Jimbo Mathus - "Blue Healer"

Not my favorite Jimbo Mathus record. Just listening to it again to see if it might start growing on me a bit. It really hasn't too much.... 

Anyone interested in some Deep Mississippi tinged Americana, Check out "Dark Night of the Soul" and "White Buffalo" from Jimbo Mathus and the Tri-State Coalition. Both excellent albums IMHO. Well, if you like that sort of thing......
@reubent so what is your favorite Jimbo Mathus record? 

Tonight- listened to Willie Nelson - Greatest Hits again, phenomenal sound quality and staging 
Derek and the Dominoes- Layla side 3 and 4
@6t5-gto - My two co-favorite Jimbo Mathus records are "White Buffalo" and "Dark Night of the Soul". Neither are perfect, but there are enough good songs on each that I could recommend them. 

Captain and Tennille - Greatest Hits.   RIP, Captain.  Hope you and Super Dave meet up in the afterlife.  
More barn finds, some pretty dirty so may have to invest in some enzymatic cleaner..

Billie Holidays - Greatest Hits
Nancy Wilson- How Glad I Am
James Brown - It’s a Mother
Bruce Cockburn - Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws, Big Circumstance and In The Falling Dark
Kinks Greatest - Celluloid Heroes (RCA)
Bartok Concerto for Orchestra (Chicago, RCA Victrola reissue- sounds good but anyone got a minty Red Seal they wanna sell me? ;) )
Stravinsky Rite of Spring (Stravinsky/Columbia Symphony, Columbia)
Bartok Music For Strings, Perc & Celeste (Bernstein/NY Phil, CBS)
Kinks Golden Hour Vol. 1 (Waterloo Sunset!)
Bill Withers "Greatest Hits"  SQ=EX

Santana "Lotus"  Japan/2017 ….sides 5&6
@slaw I need that Bill Withers and I picked up a great OP of Promise not too long ago. Always loved that record 

Steely Dan  - Aja - OP , fantastic 
Eric Clapton  - Slowhand  - OP and this one needs some cleanup work, SQ is VG but vinyl is noisy 
@6t5-gto,

While my BW is a 180gr, I believe I bought around 15 years ago. My memory is that it was pressed by Scorpio. There is no inner jacket. 
@boxer12,
I happened to glance over at the other music thread and noticed where your moniker originated. I had wondered, but I now get it. I was once a motorcycle dude. Mostly raced motocross back in the day where it was only two-stroke bikes. Roger Decoster was my hero then.
That is going back. I used to own a husky 125 & loved it! Wish I wouldn't have sold that one :-(
Brandi Carlile "by the way, I forgive you". There was some discussion over this lp over the past week. I decided to put it on for another listen after a nice system upgrade.

………………..
@boxer12,

I quit road bikes after an 11 year old boy driving a farm tractor cut in front of me. My head hit the front blade. I was riding a Kawasaki 500/3cylinder/2 stroke.

What was interesting about the Huskys was they came in a CR (close ratio), and a WR (wide ratio) transmission...(or gearing) depending on what kind of racing/riding you preferred.  Remember OSSA, MAACO, Penton, etc...?
The BC lp is compressed but not so much that I can't enjoy and make out subtle details.
Hi @uberwaltz,

I checked out your virtual system page earlier today...

The Devore speakers...love them!

Regarding the Nottingham...did you have or try the Wave Mechanic? I noticed you run a Walker. Could you elaborate?
@slaw 

I bought the Walker from a fellow member here and it does indeed hold speed absolutely rock solid after it has been set up with a strobe.
I did this on both 33 and 45 and there is no fluctuations at all now.

Not had a Wave Mechanic.
Slaw, You're certainly making yourself vulnerable on a motorcycle. No doubt about it. Glad you didn't get hurt to bad! A friend of mine just finished restoring a Kawasaki 500 triple this past summer. Fun bike as long as you're not following it (it smokes). Also, I do remember all of the bikes you mentioned. Another guy I used to ride with (he's been dead for a while now) had a slick ossa. That bike had torque! Anyway...

Grizzly Bear / Veckatimest 
Started with:
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
now: 
Oliver Nelson - The Blues and the Abstract Truth
Guys, how about Bultaco, Hodaka, Puch and Can-Am. All seen around local motocross tracks in the early '70s.