Vintage tube sound from a modern amp

I am just collecting names of makes and models of tube amps that harken back to the older classic tube sound but have modern chassis, connectors etc. Any such amps you guys enjoy?

So far names that have come up are Cary SLI series, CJ Art and classic 62/120.

Many tube companies are pushing more and more to a neutral and fast airy (thinner) sound. So its becoming increasingly difficult to find gear with that classic sound the exemplifies the beauty of music.

smodtactical

I think ampsandsound should go on your list. The pictures on their website show nice layouts, point to point wiring, turret boards, etc., and I’ve read they favor that older, classic sound. I’ve been looking at some of the combo headphone and speaker amps. The speaker amps are out of my budget. Not sure how it would compare to my PrimaLuna. I’ve been getting into headphones, but not enough to be willing to compromise my speaker system. I don’t really like selling any gear anyway.

I have a Cary Audio SLI-100. I’m a newb audiophile. My only real comparison was a McIntosh MA352.  The Cary was the clear winner at thousands less. It has more detail and clarity while not getting fatiguing at all. Very happy with the purchase. TheSLI-80 allows for tube rolling while the 100 does not. Decware did answer the phone for me but the wait was 18 months. 
I wanted a system that could slam and rock hard as well as handle jazz, vocals, acoustic stuff etc. Apparently the only knock on the old school 300b amps is that they won’t give you that big gut punch. I’ve never heard one personally. 

The first & certainly one of the all time greats in this category you’re defining is the McIntosh MC 275! “New  & improved”  version sounds Excellent, solid build quality & a timeless design. To me, in its power range of about 90 real watts/ channel ( as confirmed by John Atkinson) , it sounds more like real music than most other amps I’ve heard. Can be used bridged in mono for more power & they just came out with a higher powered version too. 

and The 275 is an excellent amp….   Seeing one at Best Buy the other day all dusty , and left on 24/7  was really sad    The Magnolia up here does a poor job representing McIntosh.  It’s pathetic actually for such an iconic brand