TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66
The service center in Atlanta told me they don’t work on the Teac NT-505.  So I decided to go the “regional service center” route, since I felt they would have more expertise.  To me they did.  Scared me to send my unit that far, but I double boxed, using the factory packaging.
Not sure who I spoke to, but they were a class act.  Also, understand they now have experience with this issue.
the service center has confirmed that the usb board is bad.  From what i can gather, the part isn't readily available... its ordered, but no timeframe.  Teac/Onkyo are of no help whatsoever.
You will need to elevate your complaint at Teac to a supervisor.  Tell them what is going on and that the “regional service center” told you to call them.  Let them also know that this issue is being reported a lot on the Audiogon website and that it is obvious there is a quality control issue.  Remind them that a 2,000 dollar piece of equipment should not break this quickly and you know from another source that the part is available, IF THEY REALLY WANT TO HELP YOU.  
I did this and ended up getting the part next day aired to the service center.  I was originally told it would take 2-3 weeks.  The part is there, IMHO.  I just believe they are having issues and trying to manage where the parts are going to.  Kind of like toilet paper :)
I live in Canada and I also have the same problem as Silivio 66, no LAN connection at all. Replaced RJ45 cables many times, diectly connected to the router using a 3' cable, CAT5E/CAT6/CAT7 are all tried with no luck. So annoying and this unit only has less than two months running. TEAC NT505 sucks!!!
Call Teac.  Get in touch with someone about a repair for you.  Then ask to speak to their supervisor.  Tell them your problem and that there are numerous threads online about this issue.  THEY ARE AWARE OF THIS. Don’t back down and let them know you expect them to stand behind a 2,000 dollar item that is only a few months old.  If you’re lucky, you will get a replacement unit.  At the least they will suggest a service center for repair.  I don’t k own what is available in Canada, but in the states, Adams Electronics in California has experience with this repair.
i wish you luck.
My unit was repaired and is now flawless.
Finally I got my Teac NT-505 connected online again, what a tough jouney to get this working again. Ok cut the story short please see the following course of events:

1. On August 3rd, 2020, my home network was changed from Bell DSL to Cogeco Cable due to speed upgrade, from 50Mbps to 1Gbps.
2. Teac NT505 stopped working.
3. Copied and pasted the exact modem/router settings on Bell 3000 modem to Cogeco Arris modem. Teac NT505 was working for less than 30 minutes then lost ethernet connection, check light kept blinking.
4. Replaced RJ45 cable three times with CAT5e/6/7 still not fixed.
5. Ran new RJ45 cable 6' directly from the Arris modem/router, byapssing the D Link switch, check light contiued flashing. Not fixed
6. Left it for couple days to relax and calm myself down, cup of coffee and a nice piece of dark chocolate from Swiss would help to think.
7. Bought a Asus WIFI mesh system, two pack combo, ZenWIFI XT8, I was planning to improve my house's WIFI anyway...
8. Got it setup and connected the Teac NT-505 to it directly and guess what!!!, working right away with no issues, I had the unit on for more than two days with no cutout of signal. Teac NT-505 has no WIFI capability only wired. Arris modem to Asus router(wired) then through WIFI to Asus AI mesh node then from AI mesh node to Teac NT-505 wired. By the way I added two more Asus AI mesh nodes to the network for other devices in the house. Asus AI mesh system ZenWiFi XT8 is the top of the line and it is not cheap, around CAN$600 plus tax for pack of two. I have 4 of these routers in my house. Read Asus website for details.

Conclusion:
Teac NT-505 is very picky about router type and definitely hub or switch is not remmended.
I hope this will help!!!
New version V1.22 has no issues and this unit is running great.

Mine did have a bad board.  However, I ended up getting a top line Netgear extender.  Not sure of model, but it’s their best one.  Once my unit was fixed, and with the Netgear extender, and wired directly to it, everything works great.  Occasionally I get a freeze up, but a quick turn off and wait 30 seconds before turning on fixes everything.  I also use a Cat8 Cable.
onkyo USA shut their doors and disconnected their phones.  Klipsch is carrying everything Onkyo did, but not TEAC.  

there are no boards available.  I contacted the TEAC agency in Canada to see if they can get one.

The nuclear option:  Fortunately, my wife used our Citi AA Platinum card to purchase this ... was a gift.  We have an additional 2 years of warranty.

That being said - its likely we'll get our 1999 back and I'll be shopping for another streaming dac.
So sorry to hear this.  I would go the "nuclear option" route now.  It might get their attention.  Don't wait.  Do it right away.
Citibank started the process...

I'm kind of eyeing the ifi pro idsd.  One for sale on here, but I think it might be a hair overpriced.
I have been following this thread since it's inception as I was half condsidering the Teac.
It appears I dodged a large caliber round!

It's pretty disgraceful that they can sell a $2k product, it's flawed and not be able to fully support it.

Now I worry about my Esoteric......
Post removed 
My NT-505 is still going strong and sounds great. All these support issues are pretty bad though. What a black eye for TEAC.
Love that sound
Unfortunately I most certainly DO own one of those Esoteric pieces, hence my concern.........
Once my unit was fixed, all is good.  I’m just surprised that Teac seems to be ignoring the issue, when there is a fix that works.
i have contacted Teac Corporate via email, explaining these issues and that there is a multitude of negative comments on this unit now online.  I am waiting for a response.  I’m hopeful someone will step up to the plate on this.  The NT-505 with the CG-10M clock is scary good, when working properly.  In fact my local dealer, that sells the Esoteric line says the combo hangs with the Esoteric streamers.  
Im still going to keep ruffling feathers on this.
Trin
It appears the situation is a little different now.
Onkyo USA closed its doors and reportedly no replacement boards are available right now.
A true nightmare.
@love_that_sound Have you tried contacting any of the authorized service centers listed on TEAC's page to see if any of them have the board or access to it?

https://www.teac-usa.com/authorized-service-centers/

Yep...

called Canada, UK, and even contacted TEAC Japan.

I then emailed the newly formed subsidiary and they confirmed no us support for esoteric and teac.

I don’t disagree...

Adams electronics (authorized service center) in California mentioned they have more than 30 items from pioneer, Onkyo, and teac awaiting parts... Most of which under warranty.

I feel for you as it can't be good for overall value and resale potential....

Surely, someone will eventually come up with a solution.

@love_that_sound:Here's what Teac just sent back to me after I sent them and email regarding your problem.

Hello Mr. Adams.

If someone can provide me with a complete serial number for the NT-505 in question, we can look into this immediately and determine where the holdup lies with regards to furnishing parts. Our parts supply here in the U.S. is replenished by the factory overseas. Given the NT-505 is a current model in production, there should be no issue with the existence of parts.   Could a part be out of stock here locally? Yes. Many things are impacted by Covid-19 and the steadiness of supply chains is certainly no exception.

As an owner of an NT-505 and CG-10M yourself, I can put your mind at ease by telling you that whatever you are alluding to that is being touted in the forums is not even remotely close to accurate.

Teac Tech Support

Onkyo USA Corporation

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:54 AM
To: TEACUSA Teac Admin <teacadmin@teac-usa.com>
Subject: TEAC Support Issue

UPDATE:  Teac has now responded to me again.  This response was based on my experience when I got my unit repaired.  They are very concerned and want people to reach out to them directly at the email in my previous posts.  You can mention my name if you wish:  Ernie Adams.They seem to want to get this resolved. 
I'm of the opinion that either of two things is happening. 
1. The distributors are not following through on problems.2. There is a supply chain issue with parts/ relating to Covid.Not sure, but they have now sent me two long emails and seem very concerned.
They should be concerned ... As their parts and support come directly through Onkyo... Their support # through Onkyo.

Onkyo USA in new Jersey is closed.  Being Onkyo has distribution rights for teac and esoteric.... 

All of their "authorized" service centers ...ALL have been waiting on parts for at least a month...

Onkyo sold all of their us operations to 11 trading company (brand new Klipsch subsidiary).. but not Teac or Esoteric

I emailed the 11 trading company VP-

Don’t take my word for it.

Xxxx,

We do not have an agreement with Teac at this time. It is possible we may have the distribution rights in the future.

Best,

Rob Standley | VP and GM
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
11 Trading Company

317-603-8114

Send your serial number and information to the Teac email address in my previous post.  They seem to want to get this fixed for you.
Perhaps they will...

I forwarded this from Adams electronics...

To whom It may concern,

Attached is the invoice for the service on xxxx xxxxx'sTeac NT-505. We are unable to repair this product due to the necessary part not being available. Teac has stated parts for this product are provided by OnkyoUSA. OnkyoUSA has stated the necessary part is not available.

Best Regards,

Xxxxxx

Adam’s Electronics

7130 Edinger Avenue

Huntington Beach CA 92647

714-848-0110

Well, it seemed like a good time to get a discounted price on the CG-10M Master Clock Generator.  Fingers crossed!
Good for you Greg.
Be interested to see if you actually can tell any difference
Thank you for the email address you provided...

Teac seems quite interested in rectifying the situation and seemed to thank me (us on audiogon) for highlighting the problem.

Interesting that y’all mentioned the clock... I mentioned to teac that I’ve spent more than 10 hours of my time attempting to track down this board and that my time isn't free.

I asked why ALL of their service centers were unable to get parts

Here a copy/paste:

There is a lot of movement here with the transition we are in the midst of pertaining to the Onkyo and Pioneer brands. The parts department is swamped with moving inventory over to another entity, so I don’t think it is any more complicated than a short term distraction in the form a huge deadline they have to react to. However, conversations like this will allow me to shine a light on your situation. The model is in production, so by association there can’t be a lack of parts overseas and if they are available there, they can be available here.

I will be back to you just as quickly as I can.

Teac Tech Support

Onkyo USA Corporation

I knew this could get handled.  Stay in touch.  Also, bug them a bit from time to time.  Sqweaky wheel thing, you know.
When the emailed me, they seemed very concerned.
Lets hope this gets fixed quickly now.
@uberwaltz I just spent 1000 bucks on that thing, so I'll hear a difference.  Whether I do or not.  That's how it works, right?
$1000??
You do know you could have bought four AudioMagic Beeswax fuses for that and had some change to take the wife for a nice meal.....😂😂😂.

Oh yes you WILL hear a difference!!

The science behind the precision clocks is legit... Interested to hear your take on it as well.
I have the CG-10M clock.  To me it was a subtle difference.  The best way to describe it was a more real sound of the instruments.  Hoping all of the NT-505 issues get worked out soon.  Teac emailed me again and thanked me for bringing this to their attention.  I emailed back telling them a post on here from them would do a lot to help.  Let’s hope these issues are now being addressed fully.
Love that sound and trinh.

Sorry, not doubting the clock at all, myself and Greg were just clowning.

No worries!
Someone needs to officially explain what's going on for sure.

As far as the clock... On paper the science is legit... Whether or not there is a perceivable difference real world.... 
As long as science says it will work, and it measures well... that's all I care about.
I agree with that.

If, by some miracle teac manages to fix my nt505 I'll get the clock too.
I think they eventually will, but it's been 2 months already and it's my understanding that there still is at least 2 months of transition before any of the parts/repairs are sorted out.

I asked admin@teac for a phone number as Citibank claims is looking for one...

No reply.

I can't even replace it with another nt505 from an authorized dealer presently... Not until the transfer is settled (according to the dealer I purchased from).

It's a shame really because I enjoy nt505.

4 months isn't acceptable (4 months of tidal and qobuz subs wasted too).
I agree that they should have sent you a replacement unit by now if they can't find the part.  

I bought my CG-10M on ebay from the authorized TEAC store on ebay.  I had a question about the BNC cable and they got back to me within a few hours.  

Which leads to a question for those of you that have the CG-10M... what cable are you using?  I ordered an inexpensive BJC 75 ohm cable, but TEAC says it is better to use a 50 ohm cable.  I either see super cheapo 50 ohn cables, or $700 - $2000 cables.  I'd like to get a quality cable, but not spend as much as I spent on the CG-10M on a cable.
I bought a BNC cable from Silnote on Audiogon.  Initially I used a generic cable from EBay.  Both got the job done.  One thing I wouldn’t skip on though is the Ethernet cable.  I got a Cat8 cable.
The teac admin which shared his name today promised to have a resolution Monday.

Adams electronics was top notch in the discussion.

A properly shielded BNC cable should be more than adequate.

I'm an energy sector deep water civil engineer and a shielded 50ohm BNC is absolutely fine using RTK GPS (sub mm accuracy) where an accurate clock to the likes of which is unprecedented is a requirement to solve the distance/time/azimuth from the gps satellites in orbit. 

I'd imagine a 1m run is ok.
Agree on Adams Electronics.  They were first rate with me, and actually told me to call TEAC directly and tell them the service center said to call.  For some reason, once I did that, things moved quickly.  Here’s hoping your issues are resolved quickly.
i thought I had another issue with my unit last night.  It would not connect.  Ultimately determined the router and extender for the router needed to be re-set.  Once done, all was good.  In fact, for some reason, it actually sounded better than usual.